IPS ZERO Review

micro

• 1 month later...

It's been a while.

I ended up buying 64 SAMSUNG INR18650-35E (3500mAh, 8A according to specs) and had them spot welded for me. They don't fit the  original casing, but I wasn't going to use it anyway. I measured the pack and it was about 63 V. And here comes the bad thing. After reconnecting the pack the Zero started to jiggle like crazy and make a loud noise, like when grinding ice cubes in a meat grinder or something. When I lifted it, it turned off, the usual way, I guess.

I really regret buying the Zero. I had it second hand, almost unused, and the original 32-cell pack got broken very quickly. I measured individual cells after disassembling it. If I remember correctly about 10 of them were about 0 V, and most of the rest about 4 V.

Any ideas?

Edited by matt

Problem solved!

Thank you for your numerous comments and hints, but I managed to figure it out myself.

It was due to too little mass. Being turned on with just part of the original casing and with the new battery standing on the floor, so not adding mass, the levelling system could not work normally. After mounting a heavy object on one of the pedals for a trial, everything returned to normal. I just need to make my own casing now.

• 2 years later...

Hi everyone I got this IPS t350 unicycle  And I am trying to locate or find out what type of battery charger do I need? There is a 4 pin male connector on the top  And from what I researched I think I have the 32 of the Sony 18650 batteries

3 hours ago, shawnjohn909 said:

Hi everyone I got this IPS t350 unicycle  And I am trying to locate or find out what type of battery charger do I need? There is a 4 pin male connector on the top  And from what I researched I think I have the 32 of the Sony 18650 batteries

This could be an 16s2p configuration? so 67.2V max charge voltage and about roughly up to some ~2A charge current?

But most likely money for a charger is lost money - the batteries are very likely dead by now as this is an very antique wheel.

If it does not power on anymore batteries are dead with some >99.99% chance :(

I don't have any idea about the used plugs fron the IPS - could be the same as Kingsong and Gotway used? "Aviation connector Gx 16-4"?