Nikola 84V 2000W or Inmotion v10??

KindlyGo

Hi friends. First time I write here, as I am a new EUC-fan, only 2 months more or less I have been riding a fantastic Ninebot C+ which I love....

But now is time to change and get a better wheel, not only because security as for performance and distance too, and sometimes off-road ways (not too heavy!)

And I would like to ask for advice between INMOTION V10 or NIKOLA 84V 2000W 680Wh. Any opinions ?? Thanks and sorry my english. 

Hi Kindlygo,

In Spain there are euc riders in various cities, certainly in madrid and Valancia are various riders.

Was there in April, and met several. riders there If you live in the neighborhood of madrid or valencia the v10 or nicola might bepossible to try through riders there.
Demargon and RoberAce are 2 drivers in madrid, maybe you can get in touch with them through the forum.

And they can help you choose a successive wheel. You can also search by country in the forum, so search the Spanish riders on the forum.
But beware with this sport, once under the spell you can hardly go back. Upgrading within 2 months is a bad sign for the future.:efee612b4b:

That already looks like wheel addiction, like many here.:laughbounce2:
Hope you help this further, good luck.

Edited by gotmotion2016

Hi Gotmotion, thanks for help and suggestions !. 

I live in Granada, and the option that you gave me to go to Madrid is a little bit difficult, but it´s a good idea to stay in touch with them. 

Also of course I feel the EUC addiction you refered, many think I´m crazy. Some tell me it is fantastic ... EUC riders here are a strange vision. 

Now I´m very happy with my NBO C+, I love it, and  it does well, but sometimes I´m frightened about the chance of a cutoff, mainly uphills with half the battery, 

Also I´d like to ride off-road more confortable, as I have read in comments regarding IV10 or Nikola. 

Thanks again !

They are VERY different wheels:

The v10 has a lot of urban qualities. Despite the fact that i think i t is too heavy for a perfect urban wheel, it's motor cut when lifted and global thiness while keeping very comfortable (huge pedals, huge tire, thin wheel) must be it's main forces.

But it hasn't shined for it's realiability as much as the V8 did. (some pedals still break...)

The Nikola, on the other hand, is much more rustic. The trolley handle is bad. The quality of the manufacturing is GW like, very simple, rustic, not so convenient. The wheel is LARGE ! Sure a viril stance!

But the components are top notch, it's a very capable wheel, MUCH more powerful,  capacitive, and stable than a V10. If you ride close to cars, it's much more reassuring.

What do you want from your wheel? Do you plan to ride a few kms in the city? Do you want to road trip?

You should consider the 18L/XL too for it's excellent versatility (very good trolley handle, best light, good commuter, excellent range) and now being mature.

My 2 cents ;)

Edited by Matthieu Thegrey
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Matthieu Thegrey said:

They are VERY different wheels:

The v10 has a lot of urban qualities. Despite the fact that i think i t is too heavy for a perfect urban wheel, it's motor cut when lifted and global thiness while keeping very comfortable (huge pedals, huge tire, thin wheel) must be it's main forces.

But it hasn't shined for it's realiability as much as the V8 did. (some pedals still break...)

The Nikola, on the other hand, is much more rustic. The trolley handle is bad. The quality of the manufacturing is GW like, very simple, rustic, not so convenient. The wheel is LARGE ! Sure a viril stance!

But the components are top notch, it's a very capable wheel, MUCH more powerful,  capacitive, and stable than a V10. If you ride close to cars, it's much more reassuring.

What do you want from your wheel? Do you plan to ride a few kms in the city? Do you want to road trip?

You should consider the 18L/XL too for it's excellent versatility (very good trolley handle, best light, good commuter, excellent range) and now being mature.

My 2 cents ;)

Matthieu, a very good description on what is each EUC and a helpful advice; Price is also a good reason to have in mind, now IV10 is about 1100 € and Nikola 600wh about 1200 € (ebay), so very similar money to pay. 

Mainly wanted for city, but without forget to make a little trip to countryside, offroad. Now,  it is not my intention to ride on city road by now. 10 Km at day will be the usual. 

18L/XL exceed by now my options, but I'll be open in future.  Have in mind I´m still a newbie

Thanks a lot for suggestions! 

If you can afford it, always get the bigger battery. V10F (instead of V10) and Nikola 1600Wh (or 1300Wh) instead of 800Wh/ 650Wh.

The V10 cannot be upgraded to a V10F.

The Nikola 650Wh is a Nikola 1300Wh with one instead of two 650Wh battery packs. The Nikola 800Wh is a Nikola 1600Wh with one instead of two 800Wh battery packs. So you can add a matching second battery pack later. But upgrading later will cost more, much more! So if you can, get the bigger battery right away.

If I had to decide between a V10 and a Nikola 650Wh with no battery upgrade later, I'd take the V10. Because it's made to be like it is, while the Nikola 650Wh is a cut-down Nikola and it feels bad to have such a powerful and fast wheel with only half the battery, not sure how good that is. It also depends on the price though, and it's a very close call.

So, MY personal opinion (doesn't mean you have to agree!): Nikola 1600/1300Wh >>> V10 > (a little bit maybe) Nikola 800/650Wh.

Also check out Aliexpress prices, maybe that allows for a better model in comparison to European sellers.

[Is the Nikola you are looking at really 680Wh? Not sure what that battery size means. Do you have a link?]

Edited by meepmeepmayer
  • Like 3

14 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

If you can afford it, always get the bigger battery. V10F (instead of V10) and Nikola 1600Wh (or 1300Wh) instead of 800Wh/ 650Wh.

The V10 cannot be upgraded to a V10F.

The Nikola 650Wh is a Nikola 1300Wh with one instead of two 650Wh battery packs. The Nikola 800Wh is a Nikola 1600Wh with one instead of two 800Wh battery packs. So you can add a matching second battery pack later. But upgrading later will cost more, much more! So if you can, get the bigger battery right away.

If I had to decide between a V10 and a Nikola 650Wh with no battery upgrade later, I'd take the V10. Because it's made to be like it is, while the Nikola 650Wh is a cut-down Nikola and it feels bad to have such a powerful and fast wheel with only half the battery, not sure how good that is. It also depends on the price though, and it's a very close call.

So, MY personal opinion (doesn't mean you have to agree!): Nikola 1600/1300Wh >>> V10 > (a little bit maybe) Nikola 800/650Wh.

Also check out Aliexpress prices, maybe that allows for a better model in comparison to European sellers.

[Is the Nikola you are looking at really 680Wh? Not sure what that battery size means. Do you have a link?]

Very good aclaration and report about battery loads and models. Also your personal opinion is to have in mind,,,

Yes, Nikola (as is told in the ebay web) is about 650 Wh. 

The main conclusion I take from all this lines is that Nikola is stronger and more versatile wheel, 

Also I noticed Aliexpress options, but, I´m not sure about the security buying things there, so far away (you know what I mean?)

Thanks a lot for your suggestions Meepmeepmayer.!:-)

14 hours ago, Gustesta said:

If you're tall and heavy and will do mostly street rides, go for a Nikola 100v 1230wh.  Are you going to take long rides? Very long rides?  Trails?    

No, I´m simple thin body about 60 kg, my NBOC+ move me without problems..... Yes, mostly on streets but do not forgett ocasional country trips.- 

6 minutes ago, Hsiang said:

If popularity is any indication, the last V10 rider in the NY rider group just bought a 16x while the Nikola 100v is probably the most commonly seen wheel in the group.

Certainly some indication, but of course it's also a biased sample.

Just now, Mono said:

Certainly some indication, but of course it's also a biased sample.

Not sure if I like what you are insinuating; that we're bunch of reckless and crazed speed freaks? LOL Yes, the NYC ridership heavily lean towards speed, even though actual sustained speed above 30mph is still uncommon given real world riding condition here (equally crazed driver and terrible road surfaces).