Nikola EVA Foam Side Pads

redfoxdude

On 9/24/2019 at 5:51 PM, redfoxdude said:

I just need to find a way for bonding the layers together that is less of a hassle than spray adhesive.

High-temp hot glue works wonders on EVA foam if you squeeze it enough. That or the tried-and-true Contact Cement!

If you want something removable or that you can shift around a bit to get the angle and placement just right, I highly suggest Locking Velcro! I used it for a while when I was making my custom pads for my Monster!

2 hours ago, eBoardsXbeatz&Unis said:

if your selling them im interested in buying.

I'm flattered! Thank you for your interest. I am still refining the design and build process, but I do hope to be able to sell some in the near future, albeit in lower quantities since I am making these in my free time. I'll let you know!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 11/22/2019 at 5:11 PM, redfoxdude said:

Sorry for the lack of updates! Work got real busy, and this project got put on the back burner.

I have still been iterating on the pads, though. I am almost satisfied with them now:

NikolaSidePadsV3.thumb.jpg.2d6a1acd143d20f8425704687a9bcd4b.jpg

When can we order? :-) Riding my Nikola with the stock pads is like riding with a pumpkin between your legs--the combination of its already oversized width and the stock pads is just awful. (I thought it was just me not being used to such a wide wheel and that I'd get used to it, but it's really not improving fast/significantly enough. Everyone says it's the stock pads which I could see being the case/I'm hoping is the case.)

Edited by AtlasP

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi there,

first post! :)

I just got my Nikola and wanna start riding it "the right way", i.e. with proper padding. Could you contact me for terms of sale, if you are selling those pads? If not, could you share any design patterns you may have created, so that we can try to replicate this ourselves?

Best regards from Germany

• Like 1

• 4 months later...