Ok, now i am pissed...

Cloud

Ok this is not even funny any more, Flat tire again, a third time in one month. I dont understand what is s happening. I just replaced the tube yesterday and today got a cut again. Had to spend 2 hours again opening up the wheel and changing the tire. Id rather have the dentist drill my teeth than have to take it apart one more time!. I keep bending connections, wires, etc when handling the control board, dont know how long it will last... 

Bad karma i guess...becoming too much to be a coincidence any more....i dont have any more spare tubes... I am at the mercy of the unicycle gods now.

I take it you did run your hand around the inside of the tyre to check for "sharp objects" before you put the new tube in?

I suggest you put some Slime or Oko in to prevent future punctures.

Definitely check for sharp objects in the tire itself, as @Gimlet says. Also check for burrs on the rim that might be catching. When you open it up to take out the tube, note the location of the leak and check that area of the tire and rim especially carefully. (You can use the valve stem as an alignment mark to figure out where that part of the tube was.) When removing and replacing the tire, don't use any sharp objects like screwdrivers because they may be nicking the tube. After you've replaced the tube, inflate it just enough to make it round and move the tire around to be sure the tube isn't kinked and the valve stem is perfectly centered in the hole. If the stem is off-center it will stress the tube near the valve stem joint once it's fully inflated.

That's all I got.

This is bad on the big picture side.  If this had happened to me on my first days of trying to ride.  Or any Newbie for that matter.  It would have taken the wind out of my sails.   Please keep at it and find out what's happening.  It could make a big difference.

Thanks guys for all the advice. I did run my hand over the inside of the tire and didnt find anything. The holes i got the first time and third time are nit the same in size - i think they are due to different reasons. Also the way it happened eas different - 1st time i hit a small curb and i feel it was the hit and the suddent air oressure that made the tube break. The third time it looked like a slit ( an actual cut) as i didnt hit anything. The 2nd time is still a mystery and it appeared as if someone played a joke and juat let the air out thru the valve. 

This coukd all be a coincidence, but i am not sure i can easily take it if it happens again. The wheel is ok for the moment, we will see for how long.  

Ok...i dont quite know how to say this without you guys laughing at me, but the tire went flat again today- this is the 3rd day in a row that i am getting a flat. I am totally lost, i have no idea why this keeps happening. Perhaps the 2 tubes i got were bad quality - i dont know what to think....

can someone recommend where i can find a good tube 14" by 2.125 with angled valve?

thanks....

Just to confirm, does there appear to be any holes in the inner tube? (try holding it under water)

If not I would consider keeping your EUC with you at all times - assuming you are leaving it unattended.

As for a replacement inner tube, I've seen them on eBay and Aliexpress, I'm not sure how standard they are.

Just to confirm, does there appear to be any holes in the inner tube? (try holding it under water)

If not I would consider keeping your EUC with you at all times - assuming you are leaving it unattended.

As for a replacement inner tube, I've seen them on eBay and Aliexpress, I'm not sure how standard they are.

yes - except for the 2nd time it hapoened, where i didnt check it there was a hole, the other times there were holes in the tube. 3 times out if 4 this happened while i was riding the wheel, i got a hole in the tube - this is not just someone doing this to me.

i coukdnt find. 14 inch tube with the angled valve on ebay, i only found on amazon where i irdered the last two tubes, but i dont want to order the same thing, as i think maybe there were bad quality. I will try aliexpress...thanks

You're not living with a jealous girlfriend / near a jealous neighbour are you? 

Spending too much time on the EUC and not paying enough attention to somebody else who knows how to deflate your vehicle ;)

well, i imagine i have quite a few enemies in the office, but i wish it was this simple...the wheel was with me and me alone when these flats occured ( except for the 2nd time when it was unattended for a few hours). I was riding it and everything was fine and suddenly id get a flat...so i have to rule out someone else's involvement

Really bizarre. I'm not laughing, I had to open up my old wheel twice to fix the tube. It's a pain, I sympathize with you. If it happens any more I would recommend replacing the screws with a zipper to make it easier to open. :P

This is the replacement tube I got, it still holds air after a few months so it's got that going for it: 

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00PKJNBG6

Talking about inner tubes.  Anyone used a straight Schrader valve?  Heard somewhere that it actually works and doesn't get in the way.  Or have you all been getting the bent valves?

Depends on the EUC and the way the shell is designed. I can barely get the extension on my Firewheel even with the bent valve! I could probably get away with a straight valve on my 14-incher but it would rest against the motor housing a bit.

Ok...i dont quite know how to say this without you guys laughing at me, but the tire went flat again today- this is the 3rd day in a row that i am getting a flat. I am totally lost, i have no idea why this keeps happening. Perhaps the 2 tubes i got were bad quality - i dont know what to think....

can someone recommend where i can find a good tube 14" by 2.125 with angled valve?

thanks....

In which case I would consider that the reason might be the tire, which can also "easily" replaced...

Perhaps you are pinching the tube when you are putting the tire carcass back on - it has been known to happen if using a screw driver instead of actual bicycle tire spoons.

unlikely. After i replace the tube the tube works for an hour or so and then breaks

In which case I would consider that the reason might be the tire, which can also "easily" replaced...

i am going to order the tire also

Sorry if you already mentionned it, but which EUC do you have?

Probably a hasard too, but here in France, we have had many similar problems with Ninebot One, this summer!

kingsong 14"

Really bizarre. I'm not laughing, I had to open up my old wheel twice to fix the tube. It's a pain, I sympathize with you. If it happens any more I would recommend replacing the screws with a zipper to make it easier to open. :P

This is the replacement tube I got, it still holds air after a few months so it's got that going for it: 

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00PKJNBG6

this is the exact same one i got. I got two and they both went within an hour

Archived