Ok, now i am pissed...

Cloud

Rubbing against what? Not sure how this will be affected by weight... Well i guess if too heavy the wheel will comoress more at the point of contact with earth and i guess will expand more on the sides...not sure if this can cause squeaking... I have a big distance between the wheel and the casing...

try pumping more air to a higher pressure...should have less tire distortion

Rubbing against what? Not sure how this will be affected by weight... Well i guess if too heavy the wheel will comoress more at the point of contact with earth and i guess will expand more on the sides...not sure if this can cause squeaking... I have a big distance between the wheel and the casing...

try pumping more air to a higher pressure...should have less tire distortion

Well maybe the squeaking is coming from something else then if you can think of anything that could be rubbing. I have the tire pumped up to the max listed pressure. 

After replacing the tube for the 4th time, the tube popped after riding for 15 minutes...again

obviously this is not a coincidence and not the angry girlfriend scenario. I am totally puzzled as to what is hapoening. When i was replacing the tube yesterday i noticed that there was a quarter inch slit in the tire and i thougt maybe this was it. I glued a rubber patch from the inside and also pumped the tube to a lower pressure just in case. Apparently this didnt help, i am taking the wheel apart again right now hoping to see where the tube is damaged. Dont know what to do.

i am starting to believe its indeed a witch cursing me.

Ok i just pulled out the tube. I think i am closing in on the problem. The air is coming out of a spot that seems to be the result of sumething rubbing against the tube, not too far from the valve but i cant figure out what it is. See attached pictures. Does anyone have any ideas?

thanks

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

When i was removing the tires before, i made a few scrathes on the inner surface of the wheel where the tube is placed. I can feel them when running my finger over them. Maybe those scratches are rubbing against the tube? 

I come across broken glass everywhere I go, alot of moron people who don't care about anything. And I swear there are jealous people that don't care about me riding an eu, hense deliberately break bottles on the same route I always take.... It only takes one person and one shard of glass....

5 hours ago, MetricUSA said:

I come across broken glass everywhere I go, alot of moron people who don't care about anything. And I swear there are jealous people that don't care about me riding an eu, hense deliberately break bottles on the same route I always take.... It only takes one person and one shard of glass....

Agreed. I hope this was the reason in my case, but its not. There is something obviously wrong with the rim/tire/tube itself

Ok , so i used sand paper and smothed out the scratches on the wheel. I also got a new tire ( kenda tire, it feels a bit flimsier than the original , its also more offroad with a different pattern and makes noise when riding, but at least its new). Also replaced the tube. Rode for 5 minutes so far. Lets see if it pops tomorrow. If it does, i have no more ideas and will be on the lookout for the witch that put a curse on me.

5 hours ago, Jag_Rip said:

fingers crossed, cloud, we want you to ride again asap! :)

Thank you!

Ok! So the tire has survived its first ride! From work to home, about 11 miles. I have hope!!! Maybe the tire was the problem!!!!

1 hour ago, Cloud said:

Thank you!

Ok! So the tire has survived its first ride! From work to home, about 11 miles. I have hope!!! Maybe the tire was the problem!!!!

Congratulations on 11 miles.  I hope you get many more.  No one deserves to go through all that.

2 hours ago, SirGeraint said:

Congratulations on 11 miles.  I hope you get many more.  No one deserves to go through all that.

Thank you! 5 more miles around the neighborhood with no problem! This tire actually makes a buzzing noise which adds to the speedy effect, kinda cool. Also just installed a camera on the wheel, trying my first video

Speaking of which, my new wheel has a Kenda tire - it is the widest I've ever seen I think.  The tire size says 64-305 16inch x 2.50in(?)  The 64 may be the circumference, yes?  My other 16" tires are 57 and 54 - and I have a bike with 47 tires.

Oh- I was just watching him take off the Kenda and put on Mad Mike tire, is that the one?  I forgot to say my tire is so wide it's rubbing inside.  I'm still trying to fix it - I'm letting the air out and trying to reset the tire and it is getting better.  I am considering swapping it out if it doesn't work though - since it's new I'm anxious to take it for a real ride and not just test rides.

Archived