Maximum load question

The V10F is a good wheel, just be sure you get the F version with the bigger battery.

There are two issues with the V10(F) though:

• The pedals are weak. It is common that they develop cracks in the pivot system, and will start drooping downwards, even for lighter riders. A few users have even gotten them to rip clean out. Stronger pedals made for a Gotway should fit as a replacement (Nikola pedals being larger, ie more comfortable than Msuper).
  • The cooling of the control board has issues, which brings up the overheat alarm quite quickly. This is only an issue for long and steep inclines though. But it will be an issue if you ever wish to climb on a mountain.
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

The V10F is a good wheel, just be sure you get the F version with the bigger battery.

There are two issues with the V10(F) though:

• The pedals are weak. It is common that they develop cracks in the pivot system, and will start drooping downwards, even for lighter riders. A few users have even gotten them to rip clean out. Stronger pedals made for a Gotway should fit as a replacement (Nikola pedals being larger, ie more comfortable than Msuper).
  • The cooling of the control board has issues, which brings up the overheat alarm quite quickly. This is only an issue for long and steep inclines though. But it will be an issue if you ever wish to climb on a mountain.

Cheers for the heads up. You've got me thinking about alternatives again now :) I admit I'm a little scared of having a big accident on one of these things, in case I damage the parts of my body that needed the most repairs. That pedal issue has raised my eyebrows to say the least!

Guest PogArt Artur
4 hours ago, Retrovertigo said:

@RoadRunnerlove that video :) Every time I watch somebody on an EUC it just looks so damn cool :)

And a massive thanks to everybody who has contributed to this thread, which went way off topic :D

But we are getting way outside my budget now :P I started down this rabbit hole of EUC's when I bought an ebike a few weeks ago. I wanted something to get me out of the house and moving my legs, but that wouldn't be too hard on them. But I also wanted an electric scooter at the time, to nip to the supermarket on a Saturday morning.

Then I started thinking an EUC would be more fun, and more likely to fill the hole left by not riding motorcycles any more (my daughter goes ape every time I mention wanting another one :) ) so I started looking at the Ninebot S2, as the U.K website for them has it at a great (for the U.K) price of £450 (appx $563)

But I started to read a lot of posts online of people who loved it, but wanted to upgrade really quickly after buying it. So then I started looking at second hand EUC's, but I'm put off by not having any warranty so decided to buy something new. That lead me to the V8, which I was ready to buy - but speedyfeet were/are out of stock so Ian recommended the V10.

I know other models close in price have been recommended. But after watching all of the videos about the V10 at speedyfeet, and them saying how comfortable it is on your feet/legs, I think it is the one for me, taking into account my legs, the damage to them. and the pains they cause. No offence to anybody who said I should go with something else :) I'm sure if I take to it, I'll soon be a multi-euc owner anyway!!

You're smart lad, the decisions you're making sounds very wise too.

Best regards and ENJOY 😎

Where are you located ?  I was in your situation  2 months ago and my dilemma was more a case of would I even enjoy riding an euc ?  I didn't want to part with over 1k for another item to sit in the corner gathering dust  so I orderd a v5f from speedy feet I learnt to ride it pretty well within a week and loved it . I'm 95 kg by the way and it had no problem moving me around. I soon felt the need for more range and higher top speed so looked on speedyfeet  and at v10f but the price point made me think that anything  that would be an upgrade would be at least £1200  and I might have to upgrade again  !!! The top tier EUCS on there are all at £2k . I looked on aliexpress and found an MSX for £1300 which was equivalent to v10 money ! I orderd MSX and 10 days later it arrived. It's been a brilliant wheel and no issues whatsoever.  I'm in the London  area if you are local you are more than welcome to come and try both my wheels to get a feel of what you can expect .  If you buy  v10 I have no doubt at some point you will want an upgrade  so in my opinion just buy the best now at same money you are willing to buy v10 at from speedy feet.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

@WonderwebbThanks mate, that's a really kind offer. But I'm in Manchester, so unless you fancy doing a long range test of yours :D I've just be wary of ordering from places like AliExpress because the last couple of times I have ordered from them (only small items) they took payment, and despite the things I wanted showing as being in stock, they emailed me later both times to tell me it wasn't in stock and to cancel my order if I wished, and they then took over a week to refund my money. 

Not saying that is always the case obviously, but I wouldn't want them to sit on over a grand for over a week before I got it back. Otherwise I can't tell you how tempted I have been because of some of the prices. I'm just not brave enough to risk it :)

Shout out to v10, i'm 100kg and V10 have been really nice. 600km on it no issues. 

Good acceleration to Hills. Haven't had overheat alarms. Battery last's about 25kms, offroading little less.

Pedals are still ok, but i keep my feet close to the wheel.

Try to get biggest battery you can afford. 

• Like 1

Well, as you were all kind enough to give me heaps of advice in this thread, I thought I'd update you all :) I was ready to order the MSuperX, but have watched a handful of videos of the pre-production King Song K16X and want to hang on and see what Speedyfeet make of it when it arrives. I've resigned myself to the fact I'll be spending a couple of grand on an EUC at any rate :) Thank god I don't have a wife to lie to about the cost it such a thing :laughbounce2:

• Upvote 1

Just now, Retrovertigo said:

Well, as you were all kind enough to give me heaps of advice in this thread, I thought I'd update you all :) I was ready to order the MSuperX, but have watched a handful of videos of the pre-production King Song K16X and want to hang on and see what Speedyfeet make of it when it arrives. I've resigned myself to the fact I'll be spending a couple of grand on an EUC at any rate :) Thank god I don't have a wife to lie to about the cost it such a thing :laughbounce2:

just FYI if you dont already know youll likely be waiting a couple months or more for the 16X IF they keep to their current schedule (no idea how many pre-orders Ian has taken, so you may or may not be able to get into batch 1) also, be aware of the fact that ordering something from batch 1 is not without risk.. whereas with a well established wheel you will know what youre getting lol.. not to scare you off or anything im sure the 16X will be an amazing wheel and of course speedyfeet have a fantastic customer support/warranty/repair system.. haha yea the single life is good :P just to let you know though the 18XL is surprisingly a tad bit smaller than the 16X lol.. its well established and available now.. the only real big difference between the two is the fact that the 16X is a 16 incher so it will be a bit more peppy than the 18XL, although i heard 1.13 gives the 18XL better acceleration.. so you have 18x2.5 and 16x3 tires,, probably handle quite similarly, you can see martys comparisons and reviews of the 18XL ("electricunicycles" on youtube) and how he comments a few times about how nimble and close to a 16" that the XL feels.. anyways wont go wrong with either just something to think about :)

• Like 1

Yeah that is one drawback sadly, missing out on the first batch...but not wanting to jump in straightaway. After everything that went on with the Z10 I'm wary of buying a new model until it has been used by a few of the experts like yourself, and seeing how it handles, and any issues.

Ideally I need something now around the £500 mark just to get me on and learning. I keep looking on Facebook marketplace (though I'm so wary of buying on there, as some prices have been ridiculously low and seem really iffy) and also eBay ...and here of course. It would be nice to find somebody trustworthy who is honest about whatever they are selling. I'm just itching to start learning. I have my baby steps route planned out in my flat (apartment :) ) as it has a very long hallway from the living room, past the bedroom, across the kitchen to the bathroom. If (when) I fall on my ass, I intend to do it in private :D 

• Like 1

well the Z10 was not first batch.. its permanent, for every batch lol.. ninebot seems like they couldnt care less and just about all dealers dumped them because of it.. KS16, KS18L, ACM, MSuper, Nikola, V10 are a few that come to mind that all had troubles in the first batch lol.. if youre really impatient and know what youre doing then that would be the only reason to go with a first batch of anything really. 500 wont get you anything if you stick with local dealers.. youd be looking at getting something from china, in that case i would suggest https://www.gearbest.com/scooters-wheels/pp_009603248598.html?wid=1433363 its a great starter wheel and a good companion wheel because of how compact and portable it is... unless of course you can find something used locally... ahaha nice, i will pray for your walls xD 

• Like 1