My Wife is scared of the EUC

tscottn

1 hour ago, scubadragosan said:

I wonder whether we are really the eldest couple. Anyone genuine challengers out there?:clap3:

I shall challenge you!

If I’m still alive and riding in 25 years...

And if my couple learns to ride...

And if I find a couple...

:facepalm:

1 hour ago, tessa25 said:

Take her to an empty grocery store parking lot and she can ride behind a grocery cart.

My wife has recently learned to ride.
For laughs the other day I asked her to try to push a grocery cart while riding on her wheel.
It was very difficult and she struggled to move it around and steer it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mike Sacristan said:

My wife has recently learned to ride.
For laughs the other day I asked her to try to push a grocery cart while riding on her wheel.
It was very difficult and she struggled to move it around and steer it.

I will stop making that suggestion then. Sounded like such a great idea. Perhaps all four wheels need to turn for it to work.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, tessa25 said:

I will stop making that suggestion then. Sounded like such a great idea. Perhaps all four wheels need to turn for it to work.

Haha I heard of that suggestion as well a while back and the other day when I was at a park there was an abandoned grocery cart. I started pushing it around on my MSX and it was tough! I really had to make an effort! :roflmao:

47 minutes ago, Mike Sacristan said:

@tessa25 do u even grocery cart bro? 

[tokyo drift soundtrack intensifies]

:laughbounce2:. Nevermind about the 4 wheels that turn. Our carts only have two turning wheels. I guess two beefy guys on either side of a new rider is the best way after all.

• Like 1

Just now, lirva said:

I practised riding by pushing a stroller around. :D

:D Does it hold you up at all? I have a stroller I've used to transfer groceries to the kitchen after surgery, but I didn't think it would help a never ever rider.

1 hour ago, tessa25 said:

:D Does it hold you up at all? I have a stroller I've used to transfer groceries to the kitchen after surgery, but I didn't think it would help a never ever rider.

You can't lean on it, but keeps you up just enough to practise riding or put kid in it for extra laughts and weight.

• Like 1

I drove around with my grandma in a wheelchair, was easy. Could even lower down on the side to chat at the same time.

Edited by Mimolette
  • Like 2

On 7/5/2019 at 9:49 PM, MaxLinux said:

For some reason I can't quite figure out, girls just seem less interested in EUCs than guys are. I have reached this conclusion by the gender ratio in this forum (although admittedly not everyone's gender is known here) and in EUC YouTube videos. Based on what I've seen on YouTube, about 95% of EUC riders are male!

It's not just EUC; perhaps women in general are Luddites compared to men, CERN female scientists somewhat exempted.

https://electrek.co/2019/07/08/tesla-women-electric/amp/

Data shows that Tesla is having a more difficult time convincing women to buy its vehicles than competitors in the premium segment.

Is it a Tesla problem or an electric car problem and how could they change that?

According to data from Edmunds via USA Today, 69% of Tesla vehicles in the first quarter of 2019 were registered by men versus only 31% by women.

While men do buy more premium vehicles than women on average, Tesla’s mix is worse than all other brands in the segment:

Lexus: 51% men, 49% women
Acura: 54% men, 46% women
Lincoln: 56% men, 44% women
Mercedes-Benz: 57% men, 43% women
Cadillac: 58% men, 42% women
BMW: 60% men, 40% women
However, when breaking down the brands and looking at specific electric cars, the mix of men and women buyers are much more similar to Tesla’s:

Chevrolet Bolt EV: 69% men, 31% women
Nissan Leaf: 66% men, 34% women
This might indicate that the difficulty appealing to women is broader than just with Tesla, and could apply to the greater electric vehicle market in the U.S.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, LanghamP said:

Is it a Tesla problem or an electric car problem

It’s a woman problem.

• Like 1