California's Law for Electric Unicycle

Kens

1 hour ago, gon2fast said:

I do plan on investing in a GoPro of some sorts (used), but preferably mounted to my shoulder or wheel. I am not coordinated enough to ride around with a camera in hand (it is that pat your head and rub your stomach at the same time gene that I lack).

You can double sided tape/Velcro a mount to your wheel, I believe it was evx who did so for his Nikola+. There's also helmet mounts that go over the jawline of an MX helmet, or go off the side/top of a street helmet. Ginger on wheels used to film his videos with a chest mount, so that's also a good option. I still need to  finally invest in a camera, at the very least a cheap GoPro knockoff to use as a dash cam. Drivers in my city suck ass and will one day finally run me off the road or slam into me

NEW (KINGSONG S20) High Performance Extreme Onewheel or EUC (Stupid Fast) *44* Mph INSANE!

Mar 17, 2022
AKedOLS3QGT-7I9bXOfyYy-4eZjqTqdNnMUmMZGC

19.6K subscribers

Christopher Heijkers
Fucking Germany would never allow you to ride such a masterpiece.

chooch techchooch tech
I have court in a week but I mess with the system here and I’m the guy that took $200 bike ticket to trial. Yes that’s right. A jury trial for a bike ticket, self representing just to play my part. If everyone did what I’m doing they would quit screwing with people.

Saw a new sign today on a trail that I have ridden for the past four years without issue. Unfortunately I had my last ride today -

deathblow.jpg

Funny how the top clearly states "Bike Path", yet the bottom sign says (Bikes are Prohibited). The tickets for the mountain bikers would be thrown out, not so much for me LOL. 

24 minutes ago, gon2fast said:

Saw a new sign today on a trail that I have ridden for the past four years without issue. Unfortunately I had my last ride today -

deathblow.jpg

Funny how the top clearly states "Bike Path", yet the bottom sign says (Bikes are Prohibited). The tickets for the mountain bikers would be thrown out, not so much for me LOL. 

Average HOA, I say fuck them. This isn't a state park or a ranger or anything putting this sign up, it's a fucking Homeowners Association. I'd still stick to previous sentiments. Ride, if asked to leave, leave. Return another day.

Penal Code 602 PC sets forth California law as to criminal trespass. This is defined as entering or remaining on someone else's property without permission or a right to do so. Trespassing is generally treated as a misdemeanor punishable by up to 6 months in jail and a fine of $1000.00.

How does California Penal Code Section 602 apply to a bike path?

Do Homeowners Associations have authority to order prohibitions?

43 minutes ago, Paul A said:

Do Homeowners Associations have authority to order prohibitions?

IDK the exact location but most likely yes, an HOA is like a Union at a company, a judge, jury, and an executioner. When attempting to buy a house in a location with an HOA you have to join it or you can't buy the house, and they "maintain" the area and "keep the property value up". Always power tripping bitches. If the HOA owns the land the trail is on, or the trail goes through their jurisdiction they can put up BS signs like that

This looks to be a paved trail and not an offroad mtb trail so I'd say screw them and ride. It's one thing if it's a state park but this seems to be a paved trail, I'm gonna ride there. If I see this bs HOA called some cops I'm flying out of there and returning another day ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, gon2fast said:

deathblow.jpg

Preserving the natural habitat is a reasonable request; but why the overreach? (i.e. singling out skateboarders.)  Motor vehicles can pose a fire hazard; whereas, motorized vehicles is just a vague way of removing any exceptions. Meanwhile, a horse would likely not want to remain on the path, but I'm pretty sure a skateboarder would. However, skateboarders are deemed an unruly bunch who would likely litter (or maliciously pick flowers) in this scenario. It's a ban fest...

• Like 1

12 hours ago, gon2fast said:

Funny how the top clearly states "Bike Path", yet the bottom sign says (Bikes are Prohibited).

Bikes are Prohibited *(Except on Paved Paths)

It's hard to tell if the HOA is trying to take over a public right of way, or if it is indeed private property, like your driveway.

Around my area, a property (home) owner owns the land to the middle of the street, but that we have to yield the right of way for streets and utilities. I have no control over the types of vehicles that operate on this right of way.

• Like 1

Faster EUCs do not fall within California’s definition of electric motorized board under CVC 313.5 but it doesn’t say that they are illegal. 

On 4/17/2022 at 10:07 PM, gon2fast said:

deathblow.jpg

Maybe you can petition the city to modify this rule. Like maybe talk about the benefits like saving the environment and reducing traffic congestion, maybe boosting the local economy from visiting riders. Then propose ways to address potential issues such as dangers to other people and to pets.

• 1 year later...

The definition of "electrically motorized board" does not apply to an EUC.

The intent is a wheeled "board" "A floorboard" that is meant to be stood upon, this is a wheel with two pedals, even the wording is clear "A floorboard" being singular, an EUC has two pedals meant to be stood upon not a platform.

They would have to add or pedals or similar contrivance to be stood upon.