Customer Service from Green Fashion

Just wondering what kind of customer experience people have had with Green and Fashion Travaling Shop on AliExpress. I ordered a Gotway MSX from them but after a short time it appeared to suffer a hall sensor failure and I've had an extremely hard time dealing with them since.

As it was I specifically chose to order from Green Fashion as I had believed them to be a reputable seller however I've been all but completely unable to receive any satisfactory service from them after ordering the wheel. Is this typical for Green Fashion, or have I missed something?

And finally, do I simply need to cut my losses on what was an almost 2000 USD purchase or are there other avenues for service?

Thanks,
Slarti.

Edited by Slartibartfast
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:

Just wondering what kind of customer experience people have had with Green and Fashion Travaling Shop on AliExpress.

Afai read around here feedback was mostly/?consistently? positive.

But imho also never bigger problems, maybe just a motherboard to be changed?

Hall sensor failure can be everything from motor/wires/connectors/motherboard.

Another expensive part to replace are batteries - afair here were already repirts of (different) resellers who (try to) refrain from exchanging bad batteries...

As with ordering from aliexpress or similar one has no legal support. So imo one trades in money savings vs risk :(

Besides all this, as everywere in the internet one has to be carefull with positive reports...

Sonetimes also communication is just complicated with chinese resellers - sometimes its just something "easy" as different holidays ...

You still have the aliexpress customer protection? "Stopping" the payment is one of the best arguments for a solution oriented discussion.

18 hours ago, Chriull said:

You still have the aliexpress customer protection? "Stopping" the payment is one of the best arguments for a solution oriented discussion.

Unfortunately not. While the failure occurred well inside the protection time (which is only 3 months) they dragged the repair process out for such a long time, always promising to "fix it" but never doing so, till finally they just said there is nothing they can do by which time the protection time had well and truly expired.

Edited by Slartibartfast

10 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:

Unfortunately not. While the failure occurred well inside the protection time (which is only 3 months) they dragged the repair process out for such a long time, always promising to "fix it" but never doing so, till finally they just said there is nothing they can do by which time the protection time had well and truly expired.

Then its up to you! How are your electronics/mechanics experience/abilities?

Here were reports of exchanging hall sensors. Maybe you have good luck and its only some connection wiring problem.

But @Green Fashion GotwayGotway were active here one year ago - maybe they still read this forum. Maybe they want to write their opinion about their customer service and the cases the customer just had "bad luck".

As from your report, and already some others before in regard to aliexpress one _never_ _ever_ should let the protection period elapse if the wheel is in no perfect state. No discussion, no arguments, no trust in advance! Just maybe a price reduction to "soften" the troubles.

... Sad but true...

In the meanwhile...i can only warn from "green Fashion"...

Promised custom/tax free Transport. (Which i know works on other stores, "Rockwheel Shop" for example)

After i received my MSX in good state and signed it on aliexpress as received, a week later i got a bill from UPS which got infront with paying custom/taxes About 120Euro.

I had no Chance as to pay it.....if the real value of the MSX would have been declared by the seller, i even would have been paying 500bucks or more, but he declared the MSX value only with About 200bucks.

The answer from Green Fashion owner???

Original: "Sorry, bad luck for you"

No chances to get that Money back!

So at least for European Customer goes: Beware!!! Pure luck if you get it custom/tax free…..You  might get a surprise bill after receiving…..

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, US69 said:

Promised custom/tax free Transport. (Which i know works on other stores, "Rockwheel Shop" for example)

After i received my MSX in good state and signed it on aliexpress as received, a week later i got a bill from UPS which got infront with paying custom/taxes About 120Euro.

Wouldn't that be a case for the aliexpress payment/customer protection or is this "just" a promise and not written clearly on their aliexpress site?

• Upvote 1

Just now, Chriull said:

Wouldn't that be a case for the aliexpress payment/customer protection or is this "just" a promise and not written clearly on their aliexpress site?

It is not written clearly on the site...just a promise made by Green Fashion....when you read on the Feedback on MSX or other well sold wheels by him, most customer declare, that it came custom free…..Just my Feedback and one from another guy who had this "bad luck" (i dont see it before unfortunatly)

Normally other Shops like "Rockwheel" work with a Partner in the Netherlands...so you get the last step package from europe and so no custom.

I exspected Greeen Fashion todo it the same way, but he directly send to me over UPS......If he would have declared it even lower AND customs wold believed that, it might have worked to get it "free", too....but with declaring it 200 bucks it runs into custom/tax Zone in Germany.

The most discusting was the absolutly over-arrogant reaction by the owner….. "bad luck"...."next time i try better"

I would have been happy with some spare parts ….would not even had to been Money....but nope, no Chance!

And yeah, for repairs i also heard now  sometimes the same Story as of @Slartibartfast

• Like 1

... and another aliexpress question (sorry - i am not really in to this topic, never really had to do with them):

If one uses this protection one gets his money back, but has to pay the return shipment? So one has still a loss for nothing?

So the sellers promise some extra shipment, try to offer some motherboards/etc for replacement and in the worst case after the protection period is elapsed there is no more communication? Obe could just have some good luck to get some price reduction as "foul compromise"?

As it was written/discussed here ?years? ago with the real price savings by ordering on aliexpress one could easily take a bad wheel and just order a secobd or even third one. So one had perfect chances to really save money? By now the prices raised remarkable - so ordering got some kind of russian roulette?

Search the Forum for Green Fashion an you will find lots of feedback, including a positive experience from me.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I want to add another bad experience with @Green Fashion Gotway service. I bought new motor from him for my mTen3 and after about 10 months the motor axle broke (I did no jumping but I live in a city with a lot of cobblestones). Suddenly what he writes everywhere about warranty which says: one year warranty for motor and such and half year for batteries is not true anymore. He says that warranty for motor is one year only when bought inside unicycle but for the same motor separately it is only half a year. This was never mentioned before! So now I have no wheel, no warranty and his message saying sorry... DO NOT BUY from GREAN FASHION STORE

I find it funny people are buying wheels on Ali and expecting after sale service. You pay hundreds of dollars/euros less then buying from a reputable dealer, what do you expect? Buying from Green Fashion is a gamble, mostly because quality control on EUC's is horrible. They are not actively trying to scam you. Basically you have a 3 month money back warranty (they will "try" to help/seem helpful during that period) and that's it, after that you are on your own.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Skecys said:

I find it funny people are buying wheels on Ali and expecting after sale service.

Nothing funny about it. Most Ali shops have a great after sale service, as evidenced by dozens and dozens of happy customers at this forum. Green Fashion is a rare case in that they used to treat customers well also, but something has happened in the recent year or two and they now behave completely the opposite.

7 hours ago, Skecys said:

Buying from Green Fashion is a gamble, mostly because quality control on EUC's is horrible.

It’s been made clear by several cases just like the ones mentioned in this thread that Green Fashion is indeed the gamble. Much less so with other well known sellers, such as Twheels/Wheel Tech Store.

On 10/9/2020 at 5:12 AM, Skecys said:

I find it funny people are buying wheels on Ali and expecting after sale service. You pay hundreds of dollars/euros less then buying from a reputable dealer, what do you expect?  They are not actively trying to scam you. Basically you have a 3 month money back warranty (they will "try" to help/seem helpful during that period) and that's it, after that you are on your own.

Yeah this.  I always expect 0% after service support from anything I buy from aliexpress.  Maybe a 10% off coupon for a replacement part if they're feeling nice.  The times I DO get support, I'm genuinely surprised.  

Especially with EUC's li-ion battery and shipping regulations, some of you may find it literally impossible to ship an EUC back to china even as a DOA unit.   

• Like 1