Ninebot Z series (Z10) Voices + Sounds

Lefteris

Edit : there has been progress but still no proper guide for all platforms etc. Plus me and the other users that suggests ways to tamper with factory files Won't be held responsible for any kind of damage you get by trying these experimental ways of changing the voice files.

I have the Z10 about two weeks now, machine was activated at March 21 2019, and today I played with voices. I originally had something similar to R2D2 sounds but the Loom (second choice) isn't like my old one and the default is just different sounds (!😵!) how can I revert back to my stock sounds which I loved so much, I thought the default (first choice) where the ones I liked, but nope, so much different :'(

Edited by Lefteris

I'm so mad about this whole thing. But I ain't gonna let it pass. I'm going to hook up the phone and as soon as the app downloads the zip with the wnb files inside I'm gonna get the zip form the app sandbox and dissasamble it to see what is inside, if I manage to do this I'll then try to intercept the dns request to the website that serves the zip file with a masqueraded request and serve my own files.

If this works and this is a big IF I'm gonna be the first and I'll build a Web service for everyone that needs to change their own voices.

Damn Ninebot why don't you serve the voices as the ones from the factory damn it.. Its like I'm riding a different wheel now 😢😵😕😔

Sorry about my "French" it's just that I am genuinely mad 😡

• Like 1

9 hours ago, stephen said:

That would be good if you could change voices maybe @MRN76 would no as he's altered the firmware already 😊 and might know if it's possible

Only I will write in this forum in Russian. It is hard for me to translate it into English, so I will not describe it in a foreign forum.
https://electrotransport.ru/ussr/index.php?topic=58686

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I'd be up for changing the voices. The one that really annoys me is when hooking up music. "the Bluetooth is connected successfully' is in such a bad accent and so loud that it drives me crazy!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, MRN76 said:

Only I will write in this forum in Russian. It is hard for me to translate it into English, so I will not describe it in a foreign forum.
https://electrotransport.ru/ussr/index.php?topic=58686

I've played with the wnb files and i found out that they are pcm 11025 (see attached, hear them from the harmonic package)

I've seen the app use zip files and wav but i'm thinking that there is more information exchanged during the voice change.

I'll research and report back here.

edit: added the loomo files

21.0-7.OVR_SPEED_01_0612_04.mp3 6.1-2.ENT_BALANCE_01.mp3 5.1-1.PWR_OFF_01.mp3 30.0-5.BLTH_DIDCONN_03.mp3 29.0-4.BLTH_CONNECTED_02.mp3 5.1-16.GBL_REMOVED_02.mp3 14.1-8.NOTIFY_SLIGHT_02.mp3

Edited by Lefteris
  • Like 2

Status report for today.

Currently using tPacketCapture app, while on a rooted s7 edge, cause my raspberry pi 3 that rocks the latest dietpi distro doesn't want to play well with some wifi cap packages for some reason, that is why i turned to android. I've currently capturing pcaps and try to find out what is what..

From what i've checked on the wnb files that are somewhat different than normal wav pcm 11050 files, header of each file is different but filesize is the same (see picture)

edit: added picture

Screenshot 2019-05-21 at 12.38.50.png

Edited by Lefteris

There are a lot of TLSv1.2 requests to the IP : 35.156.70.127 (amazon aws probably)

I see data exchanges and Application Data transfers that are encrypted, it seams that it downloads the files after the encrypted connection to the server.

Damn it, i'm so rusty, i haven't played with these tools for ages!

Anyone care to help me here?

3 hours ago, MRN76 said:

I have already done a tool that can upload *.wnb files. Look at the link that I sent. It says how the file header is made and how to load it into the wheel.

I saw the ninetool does that, but i wanted to get to know the full process.

On the audio files, it's PCM 11050 default wav files, have "you" tried changing the files on your wheel? Or if i do upload my own wnb files with changed header etc, will propably break my audio board, or maybe something more, and then render my wheel unusable..

Wheel you do not hurt. Even if you write the wrong data into the sound memory cell, you can record another sound through my program. In the most extreme case, I posted a dump of the chip, and it can be written by the programmer. Unfortunately, I don’t have a wheel and therefore I cannot check custom sounds.

• Like 1

On 5/19/2019 at 11:18 PM, Lefteris said:

I have the Z10 about two weeks now, machine was activated at March 21 2019, and today I played with voices. I originally had something similar to R2D2 sounds but the Loom (second choice) isn't like my old one and the default is just different sounds (!😵!) how can I revert back to my stock sounds which I loved so much, I thought the default (first choice) where the ones I liked, but nope, so much different :'(

It happened to me exactly the same. And found about the files, but didn't know how to change them. Mine is from sept'18

• Like 1

We have a way to change them using the tool of @MRN76 but without testing first if it's successful. I won't try it on a working machine, and i don't have a second for testing/developing.

Maybe @esaj can help here in some way cause of the accumulated knowledge around EUCs ?s

I did some machine translation on that forum but from what i see it's just threads of posts, someone talks about a single sound, but i get no meaning when inside that thread.

If you find something share with us!

That is just epic "if" it works with your tool then it's a matter of collecting the audio files needed! Have you tried it @MRN76 ?

I've seen the video here ->

And also downloaded the Original Star Wars sounds from here, 263 in total (!!)

And the guide here with audacity and the commands needed. So...

Soon......

If the tool @MRN76 made can write sound files to their proper memory location, it should be able to read and copy the factory sound if it hasn’t been replaced? Someone who haven’t replaced their sound can try the tool and extract the original factory sounds?

@MRN76 Может ли ваш инструмент скопировать и сохранить оригинальные звуки с панели управления?

I did take the chance for you guys, knowing that I may loose more than my sounds and the results are in attached videos.

Edit, I uploaded the videos on unlisted links cause the forum can't reproduce all mime types

Edited by Lefteris
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Rotciv said:

If the tool @MRN76 made can write sound files to their proper memory location, it should be able to read and copy the factory sound if it hasn’t been replaced? Someone who haven’t replaced their sound can try the tool and extract the original factory sounds?

@MRN76 Может ли ваш инструмент скопировать и сохранить оригинальные звуки с панели управления?

For bluetooth can not be considered sound, only to record. But I counted the original sounds with the help of the programmer. I'll post them later. Now I am busy with other work.

• Like 1

So if #14 is for power on and i see the default files being named accordingly, i can now map a sound of my choosing into the files as soon as i "splice" them up into wnb files.

How to run "golang" on a mac cause i don't wave a windows pc here, but i do have an old win xp installation an a virtual machine.. hm...

Screenshot 2019-05-26 at 13.45.49.png

Edit: the proper raw files are pcm 16000 hz in 16bit mono.

Edited by Lefteris