Ninebot Z10 group purchase offer from Segway (for EUDM model)

Heya guys. Sooo... Long story short - Segway will be launching the Ninebot Z10 model for Europe distribution. As we're on the verge of launching an EUC project, and we will be distributing them, they gave us an pre-order offer for the EUDM model (will ship in June, AFAIK).

If I preorder samples for the EU distribution Z10 model, they're giving me the following offer:
SRP for end clients when it hits the shelves should be 2000€ / 2236$ (retail price)

We can preorder sample units (I'm sharing this only with you guys as I love that forum, and with a Z10 facebook group I'm a member of) as follows:
Singe (demo) unit for 1900€ / 2100$ 
2-5 units: 1800€ / 2010$
8-10 units: 1650€ / 1850$ 
>10 units: TBD
Also, all of those will be carrying 2 full years European Warranty, serviced here, and will be for EUDM. AFAIK warranty won't cover only physical damage. 
If anyone's interested, I'll find an online tool for crowdfunding, so we can place the order. 

Let me know what you guys think.

• Like 3

They overpriced it for Europe, come on.. it's not fair from Segway's part.

You did your best to come up with a plan to help us, the community, but still give the man "a price" :P

• Upvote 1

The price is steep in my opinion also, but I'm from the people that won't buy 1-2k$+ goods from China with no warranty what-so-ever, with all the information that such high percentage ninebots arrive DOA, MOSFETS burned, and et cetera. I guess we'll be spotlighting the Kingsong 16X in our upcoming project then...

• Like 3

I dont think £1425 (assuming you could fulfill 8+ orders) is a bad price personally, given full EU support for 2 years. Thats not much more than buying direct from China with all the risks and delays.

If I had the money available now I would go for it. Wheres all the negativity come from? Doesnt seem to be in this thread?

• Like 1

Guest PogArt Artur

I'm kind of making my mind up upgrade to Z10.

I've found £1290 online offer at Fat Llama.

There's 1 year warranty, free UK shipping, and I did contact the seller, to ask regarding postage fees - in case of warranty covered service.

The seller did assure,that they will arrange postage for free as well, regarding that year of warranty...

I'm just considering that offer, as this is the best offer I could find so far.

I also think that @Planemo is right regarding the EU price.

Bearing in mind 2 years warranty the price sounds reasonable to me...

Edited by PogArt Artur

4 minutes ago, PogArt Artur said:

I'm kind of making my mind up upgrade to Z10.

I've found £1290 online offer at Fat Llama.

There's 1 year warranty, free UK shipping, and I did contact the seller, to ask regarding postage fees - in case of warranty covered service.

The seller did assure,that they will arrange postage for free as well, regarding that year of warranty...

I'm just considering that offer, as this is the best offer I could find so far.

I also thinkthat @Planemo is right regarding the EU price.

Bearing in mind 2 years warranty the price sounds reasonable to me...

You do know the z10 is a different ride to other euc's in the way you handle it, you might not like it,,, when you thinking of buying one as i have both that you could try 

• Like 1

Guest PogArt Artur
21 minutes ago, stephen said:

You do know the z10 is a different ride to other euc's in the way you handle it, you might not like it,,, when you thinking of buying one as i have both that you could try 

I'd be pleased to have your support @stephen ...

I wish I could ask you questions, listen to your advices too, before I go for it.

I'm always fancy to go for  brand new devices, not the second hand.

This is why I'm consider Z10 for £1290, because I think I could manage it somehow, if I sell my E+ ... 

Unfortunately MSX is much more expensive, and the Z10's price is killer to me, so you can imagine, that anything above that, is a coffin nail to me.

Thank you very much.

Deffo take Stephen up on his kind offer first Artur, as he says you may not like it. The only real problem is that one cannot truly evaluate a Z until they have tried various tyre pressures and also ridden at speed (when the handling dynamics really changes compared to other EUC's, and even the Z's low speed handling).

I have settled at 20psi on mine, seems to be the best compromise between too firm to soak up the bumps and too soft to cause excessive tramlining.

I think they are great wheels and as I have mentioned before, look better than anything else out there at the moment (including the boxy MSX) :laughbounce2: :eff01bbbfc:

5 hours ago, Planemo said:

Deffo take Stephen up on his kind offer first Artur, as he says you may not like it. The only real problem is that one cannot truly evaluate a Z until they have tried various tyre pressures and also ridden at speed (when the handling dynamics really changes compared to other EUC's, and even the Z's low speed handling).

I have settled at 20psi on mine, seems to be the best compromise between too firm to soak up the bumps and too soft to cause excessive tramlining.

I think they are great wheels and as I have mentioned before, look better than anything else out there at the moment (including the boxy MSX) :laughbounce2: :eff01bbbfc:

Well i brought the Z10 😊 he loved it , he was off, he was doing small turning circles straight away also,

I have my tyre pressure softer i don't notice much tramlining it is an amazing wheel , like you say it's just a joy to look at , and slow speed turning is just a pleasure 😊 he liked it really liked it 😊😁

Haha nice one! Hopefully we have another convert to the Z clan! So now whaddayagonna do Artur?! Go on, you know it makes sense :thumbup:

What psi are you using then Stephen? Around 15?

• Upvote 1

Guest PogArt Artur
6 hours ago, Planemo said:

Thanks @Planemo .

I've had an opportunity to try both MSX and Z10 thanks to @stephen ...

I'm going get Z10 after today's experience!

I'm simply amazed by the feel of that wheel!

I will follow @stephen's advices and yours too, what the settings, tyre pressure, you know...

To ride it safe :)

Thank you.

The negativity came from a facebook group called Ninebot Z owners, in the comments. Nevertheless - I deleted the thread there. 

If people are interested, I'll contact Segway for the pieces we will buy. I'm also on the edge of buying one. I love it, but all the negativity towards it has me shaken. On the other hand... just look at it. But 20% come DOA. But it's a ninebot build quality and materials, and design ... But they're expensive ... you see whats going on inside my head ...

• Like 2

Guest PogArt Artur
1 hour ago, stephen said:

Well i brought the Z10 😊 he loved it , he was off, he was doing small turning circles straight away also,

I have my tyre pressure softer i don't notice much tramlining it is an amazing wheel , like you say it's just a joy to look at , and slow speed turning is just a pleasure 😊 he liked it really liked it 😊😁

I'm going to married it !

Lol...

What an afternoon !!!

Full of positive coincidents :)

Guest PogArt Artur
5 minutes ago, George Iliev said:

The negativity came from a facebook group called Ninebot Z owners, in the comments. Nevertheless - I deleted the thread there. 

If people are interested, I'll contact Segway for the pieces we will buy. I'm also on the edge of buying one. I love it, but all the negativity towards it has me shaken. On the other hand... just look at it. But 20% come DOA. But it's a ninebot build quality and materials, and design ... But they're expensive ... you see whats going on inside my head ...

As you've noticed @George Iliev I were given opportunity to ride Z10 today, thanks to kindness of @stephen .

After tpday's experience, I'm certain there's no other wheel out there for me, but Z10 :)

Guest PogArt Artur
1 hour ago, Planemo said:

Haha nice one! Hopefully we have another convert to the Z clan! So now whaddayagonna do Artur?! Go on, you know it makes sense :thumbup:

What psi are you using then Stephen? Around 15?

I'm upgrading to Z10 ASAP :)

Guest PogArt Artur
1 hour ago, George Iliev said:

I have an One S2, and I think i need a second wheel... z10 is ... well.

I know - uneven path? :).., regarding buying & service ...

I've had the E+ for short time really, but I feel it can't fulfill my needs any longer :)

It's time for me to move on , then :)

If you concerned regarding Z10, what other wheel is on your target, then ? :)