Ninebot Z10 group purchase offer from Segway (for EUDM model)

On 5/17/2019 at 5:24 PM, PogArt Artur said:

I'm upgrading to Z10 ASAP :)

Artur, I don't know if you've seen this video of the Z10 in action. The rider doesn't tell you anything about the machine but he demonstrates it's power nicely :)

It even sounds like it has a motorbike exhaust when accelerating hard. You gotta love the way he leaves pedestrians and bikes standing.

10 minutes ago, Gasmantle said:

Artur, I don't know if you've seen this video of the Z10 in action. The rider doesn't tell you anything about the machine but he demonstrates it's power nicely :)

It even sounds like it has a motorbike exhaust when accelerating hard. You gotta love the way he leaves pedestrians and bikes standing.

That will be @PogArt Artur around lister park 😀🤘

• Like 1

Guest PogArt Artur
10 minutes ago, Gasmantle said:

No I haven't seen it yet, lol :)

He's crazy as hell @Gasmantle :)

And well skilled too !

47km/h at some points !!!

Lol ...

Thanks for sharing :)

Guest PogArt Artur
2 minutes ago, stephen said:

That will be @PogArt Artur around lister park 😀🤘

Hahahaaa !!!

Yeah, lol ... :)

Hahahaaa !

Rather @Gasmantle :) , but not me - ever! :)

You've witnessed @stephen already, that @Gasmantle is performing much better after 3 weeks, than I am after 7 ! 

Hahahaaa :)

He was leaving me far behind on his V5F !

With great speed too !

Lol ...

I'm never gonna ride like this :)

Hahahaaa :)

I'm better off stick to my Dalmatian , I think :)

I just love it at about 6.30 when the pedestrians waiting at the crossing see the beast of a machine and know he's just gonna leave them in a cloud of dust shortly.

It could be the UK's latest defence weapon R2 on a Z10 :lol:

6 minutes ago, stephen said:

That's because he couldn't slow down going down hill 😂😂

Did you set your pedals @Gasmantle

Ha ha yea I ride faster downhill than anyone - whether I want to or not :shock2:

I've adjusted the pedals so they are now level but the app says they are at 6o - anyway they are now much better, I had a quick ride for 5 mins to test them and will give thing a proper test tomorrow.

I did post about the pedals here - 

Edited by Gasmantle
  • Upvote 1

Guest PogArt Artur
32 minutes ago, Gasmantle said:

I just love it at about 6.30 when the pedestrians waiting at the crossing see the beast of a machine and know he's just gonna leave them in a cloud of dust shortly.

It could be the UK's latest defence weapon R2 on a Z10 :lol:

Hahahaaa !!!

I remember that point on zebra's crossing...

The guy was watching "that thing" , and then he set off, lol ... 

Regarding the "UK's latest defence" we've got Polish saying ...

- Marzenia scietej glowy - 

* The chopped head's dreams *

The saying is related to the situation, where somebody is dreaming of great/magnificient things,which are obviously never gonna happened :)

18 hours ago, George Iliev said:

I have an One S2, and I think i need a second wheel... z10 is ... well.

About that also for @PogArt Artur you guys gonna have some fun times trying to learn how to control this beast, but a note, if you ride the Z10 everyday you won't be able to ride another wheel for sometime, one for your body, that now knows a different wheel and second cause it's so fun with it's large 18"/4" tyre that doesn't care about almost any terrain :P 

11 hours ago, PogArt Artur said:

[...]

47km/h at some points !!!

[...]

I've hit the limit and i can say in order for you guys to enjoy a Z10 you need to go about ±35km/h, more than 40 it's just unsafe..

I have been gradually raising the speed limit on my Z as I get used to it. I wanted to be careful due to the well documented totally different handling requirements as speed increases on the Z and I didn't want to get caught out!

Started at 13mph, gradually increased it 1mph at a time and I am now on 17mph. Went out last night and was hitting the speed warning bongs quite a lot. I have been really trying to carve wherever I go to give me practice for the higher speed handling. I might go to 19mph next (30kmh) so still under the 35kmh you warn of. Thanks for the heads up though! That said I think my Z6 maxes out at 35kmh anyway :) 

Ooops guys I think we have totally hijacked this thread maybe better take it somewhere else...!

• Upvote 1

No worries, nobody is going to tell you to stop, and it's about the Z10.

I'm ±35km/h on everyday rides, to work and back and when riding for my self.

But to return to subject, i've talked to a friend here in Athens Greece that previously sold wheels if he would like to get some now with the EU guaranty, but he is not so eager to return to selling wheels :'( 

Guest PogArt Artur
1 hour ago, Lefteris said:

About that also for @PogArt Artur you guys gonna have some fun times trying to learn how to control this beast, but a note, if you ride the Z10 everyday you won't be able to ride another wheel for sometime, one for your body, that now knows a different wheel and second cause it's so fun with it's large 18"/4" tyre that doesn't care about almost any terrain :P 

I've hit the limit and i can say in order for you guys to enjoy a Z10 you need to go about ±35km/h, more than 40 it's just unsafe..

Thanks @Lefteris for keen advices.

The speed isn't any of my concerns, though, because I'm not after at all.

All I need the wheel for is daily commute, and photography/leisure short trips around :)

I hope I'll stay on the safe side then :)

It's going to be my only wheel as well :)

I think that's good thing, as if I learn it well, I'll keep improving the riding , not messing once gathered skills with any other wheels...

Cheers :)

Follows ruts/grooves/raised edges in the road.

The Z is particularly bad imo because of the wide tyre having a greater contact patch with anything that touches either side of the centreline. The wheel wants to steer into whatever contacts the edge of the tyre. You can feel tramlining on the Z even over painted white lines in the road. I dont get this at all with the V5. You get used to it to an extent but it never goes away. Sometimes it can be quite violent. Pumping the tyre up to maximum (or even over) reduces it but the ride is then rock hard. Its the only thing on the Z I dont like (but love the rest of it).

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
Guest PogArt Artur
On 5/20/2019 at 4:31 PM, Planemo said:

Follows ruts/grooves/raised edges in the road.

The Z is particularly bad imo because of the wide tyre having a greater contact patch with anything that touches either side of the centreline. The wheel wants to steer into whatever contacts the edge of the tyre. You can feel tramlining on the Z even over painted white lines in the road. I dont get this at all with the V5. You get used to it to an extent but it never goes away. Sometimes it can be quite violent. Pumping the tyre up to maximum (or even over) reduces it but the ride is then rock hard. Its the only thing on the Z I dont like (but love the rest of it).

It's been a month of my practice on Z, and I'm fully agree to what you've mention @Planemo.

I'm amazed, the people around me are amazed too, the only thing I have to live with it's being all the time conscious regarding the tyre's behaviour 😎

You do get used to it mate, as Stephen and many others have done but the problem doesn't 'go away' as such, it's just that your skill improves to deal with it. I found the best thing to do is let the wheel do what it wants to most of the time. Hsiang said similar in his latest video. The Z can skip and jump about a bit and if you try to fight it (by holding it still with your legs) you just introduce more problems. Wobbles are one of them.

That said, some ruts/cambers leave you absolutely no option but to firm up the wheel against one of your legs as if you didn't you would be turning sharply. I have one such area in my local park with quite a severe camber on one of the paths (dips down to the right) and I find I have to really jam the wheel against my right calf (almost like you are doing a fast left hand turn) just to keep the Z going straight. It's just a quirk of the wheel and as many have said, is what makes it fun in other ways. You don't glide on a Z, you really need to RIDE it! I still love mine :)

• Like 1