NEW OneWheel Pint

On 6/16/2019 at 3:48 PM, Lillian said:

My ship date is mid July (from early June), but I am losing interest in favor of my EUC. The pre-order savings is only $50 less than what it's selling for now on their site, so there's not a great incentive other than being one of the first to have it. 

Did you cancel yours already? I want pint to replace my Luffy for short ride to the store. But the more I mulled it over, the pint is heavier and twice more expensive than my Luffy while taking more space. Sure the wheel is wider and more motor power is good but now it kinda hard to justify the price.. Like you said if I decide to buy later I'm just gonna missed a free fender..

• Like 1

On 6/20/2019 at 2:30 PM, Kens said:

Did you cancel yours already? I want pint to replace my Luffy for short ride to the store. But the more I mulled it over, the pint is heavier and twice more expensive than my Luffy while taking more space. Sure the wheel is wider and more motor power is good but now it kinda hard to justify the price.. Like you said if I decide to buy later I'm just gonna missed a free fender..

I haven't cancelled it yet.

In a way I want to receive it and keep it unopened, watch reviews by others and make a decision then. On the other hand I want to cancel it and save that money, wait a year, see how it does and reconsider. By then there'll likely be used ones for sale or I may want something else. 

If the Pint is heavier and twice as expensive as your Luffy, I'd suggest waiting it out like I might also. 

Edited by Lillian
  • Like 1

4489283_0.jpg

Well that's all folks, I returned my Pint to Future Motion.

I haven't receive my pre-order yet and I'm already outgrew it.

This wheel is theoretically so much fun! I cannot stop riding it in my dreams :wub:

At first I though 6 miles range is enough but when I bring it to the hypothetical beach trails, I cannot go far enough without a range anxiety.

At 23lbs it's not much heavier than the XR with double the range.

Maybe I'll wait for next year XRS or something..

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Kens said:

4489283_0.jpg

Well that's all folks, I returned my Pint to Future Motion.

I haven't receive my pre-order yet and I'm already outgrew it.

This wheel is theoretically so much fun! I cannot stop riding it in my dreams :wub:

At first I though 6 miles range is enough but when I bring it to the hypothetical beach trails, I cannot go far enough without a range anxiety.

At 23lbs it's not much heavier than the XR with double the range.

Maybe I'll wait for next year XRS or something..

I guarantee there will 3rd party efforts to increase the range, quickly.

• Like 1

these look like fun and i would love to have one in addition to my euc's for fun.. but i cant justify the price lol.. its heavy, extremely awkward to carry, and the batteries are ridiculously tiny... i can get an euc thats 5x as good for the same price, and i can trolley it around or carry it much easier... i might try to find a cheap chinese knock off to just play around on around my house, but i cant possibly justify the price of these for what it is

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Duf said:

I guarantee there will 3rd party efforts to increase the range, quickly.

But added $400+ to the Pint price? That's dangerously close to XR territory..

But I will still wait for your review :smartass:

How's your est shipping date now? Mine was kicked back to July 27th before I cancelled..

On 6/28/2019 at 7:27 PM, Kens said:

But added $400+ to the Pint price? That's dangerously close to XR territory..

But I will still wait for your review :smartass:

How's your est shipping date now? Mine was kicked back to July 27th before I cancelled..

Yea that part is true if it would actually cost $400 to add the range.  For me it's a non-issue since I already have the XR and I go into Pint ownership ok with the range it offers out of the box.  I have lots of PEV choices if I am looking to ride further ;)  My ship date is holding at July 5th.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 6/29/2019 at 8:46 PM, Duf said:

Yea that part is true if it would actually cost $400 to add the range.  For me it's a non-issue since I already have the XR and I go into Pint ownership ok with the range it offers out of the box.  I have lots of PEV choices if I am looking to ride further ;)  My ship date is holding at July 5th.

I hope that date holds for you. I may cancel but I want to see actual reviews first. 

Edited by Lillian

Mine slipped a few times by a few days each time. Right now the delivery date is scheduled as August 7. Can’t wait. 

I keep checking for legit online reviews but nothing yet. Still probably a bit early, I’ve seen evidence on YT of at least 1 customer receiving hers. 

5 hours ago, Zephyrzone said:

Mine slipped a few times by a few days each time. Right now the delivery date is scheduled as August 7. Can’t wait. 

I keep checking for legit online reviews but nothing yet. Still probably a bit early, I’ve seen evidence on YT of at least 1 customer receiving hers. 

7 hours ago, Zephyrzone said:

Mine just slipped to August 1st. So now I know that pre-order can mean 6 months or more.

My summer-ordered e-scooter arrived in the winter. I thought that was extreme and wouldn't happen with the Pint. Oh well...

Edited by Lillian

Mine slipped to Aug 6th...then to Aug 7th today. 

I’ve worked in product management for many years and am very familiar with the challenges of shipping a new product, so these slips aren’t unexpected and I empathize with FM. I’ve been on the other side of this before. 

But no less disappointing to be on the receiving end. 

I’m away on international business travel so haven’t been bothered by the slipped dates, but now it looks like there won’t be a Pint waiting for me when I get back in town. 

Oh well, more V10 riding it is!

Edited by Zephyrzone

On 7/31/2019 at 4:40 AM, Zephyrzone said:

Mine slipped to Aug 6th...then to Aug 7th today. 

I’ve worked in product management for many years and am very familiar with the challenges of shipping a new product, so these slips aren’t unexpected and I empathize with FM. I’ve been on the other side of this before. 

But no less disappointing to be on the receiving end. 

I’m away on international business travel so haven’t been bothered by the slipped dates, but now it looks like there won’t be a Pint waiting for me when I get back in town. 

Oh well, more V10 riding it is!

Same. Mine has slipped further back. The good news for us is that those who received theirs early have the wrong battery voltage printed on it, so traveling with it may be a challenge. Hopefully they will rectify this with the future batches.

I rode my V10 this morning and the better I get at it, the more I wonder why I haven't cancelled my Pint order. But somehow I see a use for both. Like after riding my V10 this morning, I came home, changed and needed to get something from the grocery store really quick. I didn't want to gear up and get sweaty all over again on the V10. And while the EUCs have trolley handles, some places may not want a dirty tire rolling around inside. I wish I had the Pint to zip over and back in that moment. So maybe that's why I haven't cancelled it. 

Edited by Lillian
  • Upvote 1

On 8/3/2019 at 7:14 AM, Lillian said:

I rode my V10 this morning and the better I get at it, the more I wonder why I haven't cancelled my Pint order. But somehow I see a use for both. Like after riding my V10 this morning, I came home, changed and needed to get something from the grocery store really quick. I didn't want to gear up and get sweaty all over again on the V10. And while the EUCs have trolley handles, some places may not want a dirty tire rolling around inside. I wish I had the Pint to zip over and back in that moment. So maybe that's why I haven't cancelled it. 

That's why you should get mten3 instead! :lol:

It got 3X the range!
1.5X the speed!
No fender required!
Way more compact!
Got trolley handle!
1lbs lighter than the pint!

So you can either trolley it, put it into the cart, or just pick it up like the pint without a long board sticking out to your front and back!

Oh should I tell you it's also cheaper? :w00t2:(This is why I cancel my Pint.. It's just so hard to justify pint vs mten3 :facepalm:)

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Kens said:

That's why you should get mten3 instead! :lol:

It got 3X the range!
1.5X the speed!
No fender required!
Way more compact!
Got trolley handle!
1lbs lighter than the pint!

So you can either trolley it, put it into the cart, or just pick it up like the pint without a long board sticking out to your front and back!

Oh should I tell you it's also cheaper? :w00t2:(This is why I cancel my Pint.. It's just so hard to justify pint vs mten3 :facepalm:)

But balancing on my Glide 3 was more difficult so I worry about a smaller wheel. I'll look into it. The Pint keeps getting pushed back which gives me time to reconsider. 

Edited by Lillian

On 8/3/2019 at 7:14 AM, Lillian said:

Same. Mine has slipped further back. The good news for us is that those who received theirs early have the wrong battery voltage printed on it, so traveling with it may be a challenge. Hopefully they will rectify this with the future batches.

Mine has now slipped again, too. 

I know what you mean about the V10. I feel exactly the same way and the same reason I haven’t cancelled my Pint. The V10 is such an incredible machine. Almost perfect (for me, anyway). If physics and technology would allow the V10 to be closer in size and weight to the V8, it really would be perfect. Though, as you mentioned, the form factor of the Pint still gives it a couple of distinct advantages.

The first batch of Pints had the wrong battery spec printed on them? Really? I had assumed FM just decided to increase the number of cells for the production model. Are you saying that the actual battery in the Pint is less than 160wh and therefore can fly on certain airlines? If the Pint is actually airline friendly, that adds a huge advantage. I just bought a Linky folding esk8 specifically for travel (I hate esk8s). If the Pint can go on a plane...well damn.

42 minutes ago, Zephyrzone said:

Mine has now slipped again, too. 

I know what you mean about the V10. I feel exactly the same way and the same reason I haven’t cancelled my Pint. The V10 is such an incredible machine. Almost perfect (for me, anyway). If physics and technology would allow the V10 to be closer in size and weight to the V8, it really would be perfect. Though, as you mentioned, the form factor of the Pint still gives it a couple of distinct advantages.

The first batch of Pints had the wrong battery spec printed on them? Really? I had assumed FM just decided to increase the number of cells for the production model. Are you saying that the actual battery in the Pint is less than 160wh and therefore can fly on certain airlines? If the Pint is actually airline friendly, that adds a huge advantage. I just bought a Linky folding esk8 specifically for travel (I hate esk8s). If the Pint can go on a plane...well damn.

Here's an article about flying with Onewheel including the Pint

https://oneradwheel.com/can-i-take-a-onewheel-plus-xr-on-an-airplane/

Mine arrives Thursday :clap3: I'll share my .02 about it. Have you joined the Onewheel Pint Owners Facebook group? 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Lillian said:

Here's an article about flying with Onewheel including the Pint

https://oneradwheel.com/can-i-take-a-onewheel-plus-xr-on-an-airplane/

Mine arrives Thursday :clap3: I'll share my .02 about it. Have you joined the Onewheel Pint Owners Facebook group? 

Hooray! Can’t wait to hear how you like it!

No. I didn’t realize one existed? How do I find it?

On 8/12/2019 at 3:54 PM, Zephyrzone said:

Hooray! Can’t wait to hear how you like it!

No. I didn’t realize one existed? How do I find it?

So far I do not like it.

I need to be fair before saying that in the Onewheel community, but here I will say it. 

I have never ridden an e-unicycle nor any unicycle. I took my time learning the EUC, and have never once fallen. Not once. 

After several months of studying the Onewheel, watching tutorials, etc. I finally got my Pint, stood on it, started to move just a bit and fell hard. I tried it again - fell.

The danger is that despite simple stop, it completely gets from under your feet. Self-balancing? Ha! Where? This feels so incredibly unsafe.

If I do learn it and ride outside, it remains a concern because the fall is like the rug being pulled from beneath you - literally. 

I am going to give it another try the rest of the week. If I can't get the hang of it and gain confidence, I am selling it.

I do not have any regrets though. People here warned me NOT to buy and to cancel it. But I had to experience this for myself. I just feel so much safer on the EUC. 

ecIFg3e.jpg