NEW OneWheel Pint

Please someone talk me out of getting this OW Pint pre-order!!! :w00t2:

I know it's slow, but the price and weight is decent, and it could fill up my current void for a super-compact wheel to get onto trains, etc. with, plus I've been waiting for an entry point into buying a OneWheel for it's snowboard feel (I'm an intermediate snowboarder), albeit I was waiting for a bigger spec bump model.

Edited by houseofjob
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

This does look cool. I've toyed with the idea of a Onewheel. This might be the equivalent of the Mten3. Something small and fun to play with.

6-8 mile range. I wonder if those are inflated like our EUCs, so the real range is 3 to 6 miles :)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I pre-ordered it.. Est shipping date June 7 :shock2:

Been eyeing for MCM5 for $1250 to replace my Luffy 130Wh but I fell for this one instead :cry2: 

Out of the pre-order total: $1233.38

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 3/13/2019 at 1:13 AM, Sidewalk Enforcer said:

Couldn't tolerate the low range on those things. 

Of course!

But I'm with @Marty Backe, it's not about EUC replacement, more about alternative methods of fun 🤠.

Grrrrr, still going back and forth. Perhaps I'll wait until the 3rd party guys like Craft & Ride out their mods like extra battery, etc.

• Like 1

Kingsong 16X is on pre order est shipping is the same in June..

For 1k more you will get:

Motor 750w vs 2000w (166.67% increase) :thumbup:

Max speed 16MPH vs 31MPH (93.75% increase) :w00t2:

Range 6 miles vs 70 miles (1066.67% increase) :shock2:

Price $950 vs $1990 (109.47% increase) :cry2:

Should I cancel my pre order? :crying:

Edited by Kens
Edit
  • Upvote 1

It's skiing vs. snowboarding.
EUC vs. Onewheel..
There is no winner. It's all about use and sport.

The float achieved with the super-wide contact patch of the full-size Onewheel (maybe almost  6" wide x 4" long, at 17 psi, low-ish pressure) allows the rider to surf terrain with amazing low speed control. One may stop and stand still. The action stance, like a martial artist, provides a much high resolution/range of body movement input for the machine, and it feels super groovy.

The compromise is limited range, limited climbing, and limited top end.

If I were looking to get into the Onewheel sport as an enthusiast, I would buy a hardly used Onewheel+ for like $1100, or so, and if I really wanted more than the 6+ miles of useable range provided (remember, the + charges in twenty-ish minutes), then I would buy a double battery Charge-n-Ride kit for the flexibility of up to 20 miles, or so, without ac power.

Edited by Mmhmmm
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Oh man.  Stop saying a Onewheel is like snowboarding.  This is exactly what i want to fill my snowboarding void.  But a Onewheel inn London.  Not sure about that.  

The pint range is so pants though.  I could live with 12mph speed if i at least get the snowboard sensation.  But 6 miles.  Come on man.  That really is nothing at all. 

I wonder where the city dwellers would ride this? Park? Would a hilly park make it feel even more like snowboarding?!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 5/10/2019 at 9:50 PM, houseofjob said:

@Kens Congrats! First impressions video plz!

Hahaha at least I got one that take the bait! :P

Sorry for misunderstanding but I just received the extra stuff that Future Motion gave for anyone that pre-order, which were a hat and and a 'glass', not the One Wheel Pint itself.

They should start shipping it next month near mid June. When I first pre-order the est shipping time was June 7th but now is June 12th :eff0541f4a:.

But if you really want to know the first impression of the hat and the 'glass' well..

Hat: It's a black hat with a pint logo in the front. The quality is really cheap. Cheaper than those "I love [insert your city name here]' hat that they sell in touristy area. It seems really good at attracting lint tho.. Also it shaped weirdly makes my head looks like a croissant while wearing it.

Pint 'glass': It's a metal coup. Looks like made from aluminum but I'm not sure, very reflective. This one is actually quite nice for decoration on my battle station. It said made in China on the bottom like all of our EUC. The pint logo in the front is stamped cheaply. It might come off that the first time washing it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/16/2019 at 3:16 AM, Kens said:

I pre-ordered it.. Est shipping date June 7 :shock2:

Been eyeing for MCM5 for $1250 to replace my Luffy 130Wh but I fell for this one instead :cry2: 

Out of the pre-order total: $1233.38

I've also preordered one. Tried to contact a dealer in Europe because of the delay. They said that "Hello,  the shipping for the Pint is end of august globally". So yeah, that sucks😒

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Update 07/07: I requested a Pint cancellation over the holiday weekend, so maybe that's why online my order hasn't been cancelled yet. I watched a man at Filipacchi give lessons and just stand on a OW, rocking back and forth. I tried it for a minute and am so confused about what to do now. 

----------

Original post: My ship date is mid-July (from early June), but I am losing interest in favor of my EUC. The pre-order savings is only $50 less than what it's selling for now on their site, so there's not a great incentive other than being one of the first to have it. 

Edited by Lillian
Updated status of my decision