New King Song iOS App

houseofjob

Actually you can configure the app to whatever you like..color...which buttons etc etc....mich more detailed than the other blue one :-)

Unfortunatly in the moment it seams only to work in the US and China...not in Europe (or at least Germany), as the app seams to have problems with the IOS automatic region setting :-(

6 hours ago, US69 said:

Actually you can configure the app to whatever you like..color...which buttons etc etc....mich more detailed than the other blue one :-)

Unfortunatly in the moment it seams only to work in the US and China...not in Europe (or at least Germany), as the app seams to have problems with the IOS automatic region setting :-(

An EUC App with problems!!?? 

inconceivable.jpg?fit=501,480&ssl=1

I downloaded it also from CZ store.

I see you have to register your account as new one. You can change it to email registration because phone is only for US and China.

The app is faster in online features and looks more reliable in login phase (probably using different server's infrastructure).

It is proposing FW upgrade to 11.2. Not sure about it, because all other apps (Android, old one...) see the latest one: 11.1

49 minutes ago, jitesar said:

I downloaded it also from CZ store.

I see you have to register your account as new one. You can change it to email registration because phone is only for US and China.

The app is faster in online features and looks more reliable in login phase (probably using different server's infrastructure).

It is proposing FW upgrade to 11.2. Not sure about it, because all other apps (Android, old one...) see the latest one: 11.1

When you see the Registration ….are the "button" names making any sense???

On my iPhone x all the columns/Buttons/tiles  have a weired mix of english/chinese description…. :-(

And it is that weired on a Friends iPhone, too….so in Germany it does not work :-(

1 hour ago, US69 said:

When you see the Registration ….are the "button" names making any sense???

On my iPhone x all the columns/Buttons/tiles  have a weired mix of english/chinese description…. :-(

And it is that weired on a Friends iPhone, too….so in Germany it does not work :-(

It was in English, I think. Just push the email picture on the bottom. I had issue with registration, because token didn't arrive in 5 min, but after 3rd try it arrived in time and I registered it.

I have encrypted text only under "Find" menu now ;-) App, setting,... all is English. My iPhone is set to English as well.

5 hours ago, jitesar said:

It was in English, I think. Just push the email picture on the bottom. I had issue with registration, because token didn't arrive in 5 min, but after 3rd try it arrived in time and I registered it.

Yup, it was rejecting multiple number formatting of my phone number, even with my phone # being a US number with the correct country code selected, so re-registering like this via email worked like a charm!

5 hours ago, RockyTop said:

Chinese translation to date is: Please dispose of children before use. 

🤣🤣🤣

2 hours ago, houseofjob said:

Yup, it was rejecting multiple number formatting of my phone number, even with my phone # being a US number with the correct country code selected, so re-registering like this via email worked like a charm!

I had to change the country  code to 1 then put my number in with the 1

Example:       [US 1]   18008675309

OR                  [US 1]   1XXXXXXXXXX

1 hour ago, RockyTop said:

I had to change the country  code to 1 then put my number in with the 1

Example:       [US 1]   13334445555

OR                  [US 1]   1XXXXXXXXXX

Ah, thanks! That is really counter-intuitive, but falls pretty much in line with their app development *smh

For those who upgraded to V 1.12 there is permanent problem with detected speed 10km/h although the wheel is not moving at all.

There will be problem with any potential upgrade using this app because it doesn't allow it when the wheel moves (translated chineese message).

Reporting it to KS, this is what I received from them:

The new firmware has optimized this problem, please upgrade back to the previous firmware with the tuner software, and then upgrade with the latest APP, please do not ride before upgrading, otherwise the car will shake.Please follow the above steps before riding the bike.

Das anyone know what the "tuner software" is?

AAA68AFD-D354-423A-9D51-BAFE72CFAA66.png

AA0D4E8F-AFA9-4D5F-A420-2E6CB0D1421D.png

14 minutes ago, jitesar said:

please upgrade back to the previous firmware with the tuner software,

Where does one even begin to upgrade to a down grade?  And what is the tuner software.?  I'm not going anywhere near this abortion built to replace the current abortion. I hardly ever use the factory App anyway.

Not sure if KS representative is checking this threat...

if your (KS) suggestion is: "please do not ride before upgrading"

tell me how to do it!

After using your official app and following your FW update menu, the wheel is now useless??

I hope that new version of app will allow FW update also with screwed up telemetry data. But really don't want wait for it ages :-(

12 minutes ago, jitesar said:

Not sure if KS representative is checking this threat...

if your (KS) suggestion is: "please do not ride before upgrading"

tell me how to do it!

After using your official app and following your FW update menu, the wheel is now useless??

I hope that new version of app will allow FW update also with screwed up telemetry data. But really don't want wait for it ages :-(

@US69 KingSong Rep.

2 hours ago, jitesar said:

After FW upgrade, my wheel is pretty powerful - 35KW motor ;-)

and 655 A consumption is a bit more especially when wheel is totally still

all data are screwed up ...

B2D363FF-43B6-40E2-BD1C-BCCA05750E69.png

:roflmao:.  Wow! That is one major upgrade.  But seriously, is your wheel now a brick, or just the APP screwed up.

FWI I had cause to open the factory app 2 days ago and it was encouraging me to upgrade.  I almost did it, but then I remembered my philosophy on upgrades, wheels, phones, women, etc.  I always wait to see what others have to say before I pull the trigger. I'm sorry for your troubles.  Maybe you should adopt my upgrade philosophy in the future, I sleep better because of it.

3 minutes ago, Smoother said:

FWI I had cause to open the factory app 2 days ago and it was encouraging me to upgrade.  I almost did it, but then I remembered my philosophy on upgrades, wheels, phones, women, etc.  I always wait to see what others have to say before I pull the trigger. I'm sorry for your troubles.  Maybe you should adopt my upgrade philosophy in the future, I sleep better because of it.

Smart man! I must learn from you. :ph34r:

i hope the 1.12 Version was put down. Sorry for any trouble.

those which have the v1.12 problem should communicate with their sellers, to get the wheel back to 1.11 by engineer app.

I see 1.12 still there, no no, will not upgrade again ;-)

But on the other side I have to say that app is better then previous one. More responsible. As soon as registration obstacles are passed it just works.

I wote for better ergonomics in new version (we have small buttons in bottom of the screen now but a lot of space between tachometer circle and these icons).

Details screen can be maybe on 2 pages instead of using so small font size.

Don't you consider to mirror some data to apple watch? As we can with DarknessBot or Gyrometrics. When using DarknessBot I have to switch off KS app and also DB has very very simple iwatch screen.

Was hoping the firmware would fix the fidgety anti-spin sensor. Glad I looked this up before upgrading...(lest I have to upgrade to a downgrade & install tuner software and engineer app...)

Hope those oof you you upgraded and have issues are able to get them solved soon!

As to the app itself...(my version is Android but I'm assuming the iOS app is the same), does enyone know the difference, in the lighting settings, between "Magic Mode" and "Spectra Mode"? My best guess is that magic is normal lighting, while riding, and spectra (based on the fact that one of the options it offers is "beating") is when playing music. Then again, my guesses are worthless anyway because it doesn't let me change the spectra mode settings.

Damn! And here I was hoping I could get a beating... :efee612b4b:  

P.S. Am wondering who's going to be the first to offer one (my money's on @Smoother) :P:efee612b4b:

12 hours ago, travsformation said:

Damn! And here I was hoping I could get a beating... :efee612b4b:  

P.S. Am wondering who's going to be the first to offer one (my money's on @Smoother) :P:efee612b4b:

Listen, you need no help in getting into beating mode.  Just let some a-hole cut you up on a pedestrian crossing and beating mode kicks in, the outcome depends on whether you selected "give" or "take" in the beating mode sub menu.  I recommend "give".

Oh, I forgot your beating mode doesn't work.  Probably just as well, in your case.:D

BS (but seriously) I think beating mode makes the LEDs into a sort of digital VU meter, but it's not very good because it has a constant flicker.  It looks very frantic, not like a real VU meter.  So, you're missing nothing, unless you want to watch people have epileptic fits as you wheel by, from all the flashing lights.

14 hours ago, Smoother said:

Listen, you need no help in getting into beating mode.  Just let some a-hole cut you up on a pedestrian crossing and beating mode kicks in, the outcome depends on whether you selected "give" or "take" in the beating mode sub menu.  I recommend "give".

Oh, I forgot your beating mode doesn't work.  Probably just as well, in your case.:D

Touché, on all fronts :efee612b4b:

14 hours ago, Smoother said:

I think beating mode makes the LEDs into a sort of digital VU meter, but it's not very good because it has a constant flicker.  It looks very frantic, not like a real VU meter.  So, you're missing nothing, unless you want to watch people have epileptic fits as you wheel by, from all the flashing lights.

Yeah, it doesn't seem to respond like a proper VU meter would....then again, to your second point, the epileptic fits might save me the beatings.... :efefa6edcf:

Archived