Suggestion for new main thread

Now the forum is getting bigger every day. So I hope tjis is something others would see the benefits to too.

I have been riding less than a year or 1500ish km. I still consider myself as a mere novice or rookie or greeny. Call it what ever, but as someone who are looking for tips on ride skills and style, I find it hard to find posts as they are scattered all over the forum. So it becomes like find a gold nugget in a cornfield.

If you are looking into or researching EUC because you saw a cool guy promoting this in real life or on the almighty youtube aka @Marty Backe  this it would be easy to spot how to learn EUC if we had a tip section to post traini g tips questions and vlog progress videos.

Right now I  starting to get set for reverse riding training. I know thete are videos out there, but discussing what is a good type of wheel, location simulate practice is something I  am missing.

So any interest to this? Please tag on this. 

Ohh yes this kinda opens up to bragging rights or posts too for tricks or special moves.

Let the dance off 😏 ehh or rather  EUC trick show case start....😎

55 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

He means a new subforum (I think). "Learning to ride and riding techniques" or something like this. Not a bad idea.

Yep this is what I had in mind similar to the general discussion thread, and thank you for comment of the idea :)

What I think is important is a clear and unambiguous purpose for a new subforum, so there's no confusion what topic should go where. This certainly fits the bill. New riders can post their progress and questions, existing riders can post their backwards learning stuff or whatever, and so on. So I see no reason against this. It just makes this site's content easier to find.

• Like 2

The more I think about it, the more this seems a really good idea:thumbup:

A learning and tricks specialty subforum has topics that will always come up again in the future, and it's 100% justified to isolate them. Just like the riding safety and gear forum. No downsides, just better content organization.

Maybe we should think about the name to get a better idea what it could be...

• "Learning to ride and riding techniques"
  • "Learning to ride, your progress, and advanced tricks"
  • "Learning to ride and mastering your electric unicycle"

(I really think "learning to ride" should be the first part of the name, it's the most important and most specific topic there)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

The more I think about it, the more this seems a really good idea:thumbup:

A learning and tricks specialty subforum has topics that will always come up again in the future, and it's 100% justified to isolate them. Just like the riding safety and gear forum. No downsides, just better content organization.

Maybe we should think about the name to get a better idea what it could be...

• "Learning to ride and riding techniques"
  • "Learning to ride, your progress, and advanced tricks"
  • "Learning to ride and mastering your electric unicycle"

(I really think "learning to ride" should be the first part of the name, it's the most important and most specific topic there)

Shorter is better. I like your first suggest: "Learning to Ride and Riding Techniques".

The sub-title can elaborate more on what can go here.

EDIT: Maybe just "Learning to Ride". The sub-title can be verbose and cover all the bases.

Edited by Marty Backe

I think "Learning to ride" alone might make people confuse it for a new rider forum. Then people might post their "What wheel to get?" threads there. I think these are better off in the general forum, or manufacturer forum if it's between specific models (or while at it, we make a new "What wheel should I get?" subforum as well), if this is meant as a collection of riding techniques specifically (including advanced stuff).

"Learning to Ride and Riding Techniques" (or anything with these two aspects) seems more clear. Or maybe "Riding techniques and learning to ride" makes it even more clear this is about riding itself.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...