I just ruined the tire of my Z10 :-(

SanDiegoGuy

I was using the metal valve extender to check the tire pressure of my Z10 and I accidentally pressed the power button while the extender was still screwed into the valve of the tire.  Once the power was on, the tire rotated and extender that goes though the hole of the outside case just snapped the entire valve off the tire and instantly deflate the tire.  Now the valve is complete out of the tire so now I have to order a totally new tire.  :-(  I am so upset now.

I just hate the power button of the Z10 so much.  It is so sensitive.  Why can't they require a long press to power on the wheel.  Argggghhhhhhhhh!!!!!!

Now I probably have to order a brand new tire from aliexpress.  The hard part is not the order but the freaking time of opening up the Z10 to change the tire.  This is such bad luck :-(

It is probably pretty time consuming and not that easy to change the tire since the tire is pretty firm.

I have to search for a youtube video on how to change the tire of the Z10 :-(

Edited by SanDiegoGuy
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, who_the said:

Sorry to hear that man. @houseofjob put this teardown together a couple of months ago. 

Thanks for the video.  This will help a bit.  But wow....it is pretty tough to disassemble the Z10.  I hope I can put it back together.  I guess I have to take a lot of photos of how the wires are put together.

I won't be riding my Z10 for awhile.  I have to order a new tire from Aliexpress.

Luckily I still have the Glide 3 and the mten3 for my unicycle riding fix.  But man.....I really hate this bad luck.  I should have been more careful of the sensitive power button.

By the way, I have no idea how easy it is to replace the tubeless tire.  Hope it is not hard or I have to bring it to a bike/or tire shop to replace the tire.

I already replaced the innertube of the Glide 3 two weeks ago.  That was a pain in the butt to replace too.  I have such bad luck with tires :-(

Edited by SanDiegoGuy

11 minutes ago, Dancer said:

If the Z10 has a tubeless tire, you do not have to change the tire, only the valve.

When the valve popped out of the tire, it also had a partial tear.  If you zoom in the photo, you will see a shiny clear film where I applied the super glue to try to glue the gap together.  I do not think it will hold and may cause air leak...not really sure.  However, the hard part is, will I be able to push this valve back into the tire and make the tire functional again?  I hate to have to order a new tire when I do not have any puncture in the tire.  The tire is barely used.  I only have about 10 miles on the z10 so far.

valve2.jpg

1 minute ago, Ch.Eng.62 said:

You don't need new tire, but you need NEW valve.

In order to set the valve in place, have to remove the tire from the rim. 

The valve is inserted from the inside. 

Sounds like a good plan.  However, where do I buy the specific valve for the tire of the Z10?  I do not know where to buy it and if it will fit the Z10 correctly.  I do not want to buy the wrong valve.  Please advise....thanks.

You need a special tool to pop in a new valve. I would try a bike shop. Maybe they can put in a new valve through the opening without opening the wheel.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Ch.Eng.62 said:

Thanks for the video.  Is there a way to insert the valve from the outside?  I may not think so because I have to push it though the small hole of the outside case.  I am just trying to find a way to put the valve back without having to disassemble the entire Z10 wheel, which is making me nervous already.

9 hours ago, Ch.Eng.62 said:

23-24mm. Probably TR412 valve. As I know, it is the smallest standard size. But will it fit to the rim, I don't know. 

Ooppps, my mistake.  My eyes were seeing 22 mm but my mind is interpreting it as 12 mm.  I am getting old and senile.   Sorry about that.

Are you sure the old valve cant be used - seems pretty intact to me. Now the valve extender just yanked it out from the side it is not supposed to come out. At least the ridge where rhe rim is supposed to sit at seems fine. Or if there is a small tear maybe some sort of sealant could be used, like sugru. But first take out the superglue with some acetone.

Edit: I now see the tear after zooming in. Might be better of putting a new one.

Edited by Ziiten