I just ruined the tire of my Z10 :-(

SanDiegoGuy

19 hours ago, SanDiegoGuy said:

I just hate the power button of the Z10 so much.  It is so sensitive. 

Help Yourselves and ask somebody with 3d printer to print for You the protector I have designed...  

see here - 

23 hours ago, SanDiegoGuy said:

I was using the metal valve extender to check the tire pressure of my Z10 and I accidentally pressed the power button while the extender was still screwed into the valve of the tire.  Once the power was on, the tire rotated and extender that goes though the hole of the outside case just snapped the entire valve off the tire and instantly deflate the tire.  Now the valve is complete out of the tire so now I have to order a totally new tire.  :-(  I am so upset now.

I just hate the power button of the Z10 so much.  It is so sensitive.  Why can't they require a long press to power on the wheel.  Argggghhhhhhhhh!!!!!!

Now I probably have to order a brand new tire from aliexpress.  The hard part is not the order but the freaking time of opening up the Z10 to change the tire.  This is such bad luck :-(

It is probably pretty time consuming and not that easy to change the tire since the tire is pretty firm.

I have to search for a youtube video on how to change the tire of the Z10 :-(

What a bummer. I can imagine how you felt.

I assume that the wheel wasn't laying on it's side when it was turned on? I always do all work with the wheel laying on it's side.

If the wheel was on it's side and it rotated when you turned it on, that's a bad sign for sure.

Good luck with your valve repair. Maybe post additional information for the community, as you do the repair.

• Like 1

This isn’t the first time it’s happened.  I remember other people accidentally doing the exact same thing while inflating.  There really should be some sort of standard master key lock cut off switch on these to keep this sort of accident from happening.  Even little kids with curious fingers could easily get hurt turning one on accidentally and having it fall over closeby.  Imagine a kid holding onto the tire or getting a hand stuck between tire and shell... :blink:  Other vehicles capable of 50 kph have keys or some kind of safety measures.  Why not EUCs?

Edited by Hunka Hunka Burning Love
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

This isn’t the first time it’s happened.  I remember other people accidentally doing the exact same thing while inflating.  

I can see how it would be easy to do. :(  I have done the opposite and turned mine off unintentionally many times. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ch.Eng.62 said:

No problem at all. We are in the same boat. That's why I check everything two or three times. 

Please measure the diameter of the valve, the portion where the rim rests on the valve. Is it 11mm or 18mm?

I believe it is 11 mm in diameter

valvediameter.jpg

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

What a bummer. I can imagine how you felt.

I assume that the wheel wasn't laying on it's side when it was turned on? I always do all work with the wheel laying on it's side.

If the wheel was on it's side and it rotated when you turned it on, that's a bad sign for sure.

Good luck with your valve repair. Maybe post additional information for the community, as you do the repair.

You assumed right Marty.  The wheel was upright and was not on its side.  Next time I will lay the wheel on its side to measure the tire pressure.

It was so heart wrenching when I heard the "pop" sound as I accidentally pressed the power button.  :-(

• Like 1

O.K. folks....I have ordered these to try and fix the valve problem of the tire of my Z10

https://www.amazon.com/ABN-Rubber-Tubeless-Standard-Vehicle/dp/B01MTGDI4Y/ref=sr_1_1?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1539659756&sr=1-1&keywords=ABN+Snap-in+Short+Black+Rubber+Valve+Stem+(TR412)+4-Pack+for+Tubeless+0.453”+Inch+11.5mm+Rim+Holes

--------------

….and the tool to insert the valve into the tire:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005K8E9FY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I will try to use the above tool first so that I do not have to open up the Z10.  I hate to disassemble the Z10 to get to the tire.  If the tool does not work, then I will be forced to disassemble the Z10.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, SanDiegoGuy said:

OK les gens .... J'ai commandé ceux-ci pour essayer de résoudre le problème de valve du pneu de mon Z10

https://www.amazon.com/ABN-Rubber-Tubeless-Standard-Vehicle/dp/B01MTGDI4Y/ref=sr_1_1?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1539659756&sr=1-1&keywords=ABN+ Snap-in + Short + Black + Caoutchouc + Valve + Tige + (TR412) + 4-Pack + pour + Tubeless + 0.453 ”+ Pouce + 11.5mm + Jante + Trous

--------------

… .Et l’outil pour insérer la valve dans le pneu:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005K8E9FY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Je vais d'abord essayer d'utiliser l'outil ci-dessus afin de ne pas ouvrir le Z10. Je déteste démonter le Z10 pour obtenir le pneu. Si l'outil ne fonctionne pas, je serai obligé de démonter le Z10.

TR412 versus MiniPro

3DA9D53D-E12D-4734-BA11-F936C8DEABA6.jpeg

13 minutes ago, Stanor said:

TR412 versus MiniPro

3DA9D53D-E12D-4734-BA11-F936C8DEABA6.jpeg

Uh oh, I may have ordered the wrong valve on amazon.  Stanor, the Ebay link that you showed me is in Spanish and I do not know if I can order it from there.  I tried the do a search on the ninebot valve using the USA/English page but it does show any result for that specific Ninebot minipro valve.  The Z10 valve looks exactly like the minipro valve.

Do you have the link where I buy it if I am in the USA ?  Thanks.

Edited by SanDiegoGuy

11 minutes ago, SanDiegoGuy said:

Euh oh, j'ai peut-être commandé la mauvaise valve sur amazon. Stanor, le lien Ebay que vous m'avez montré est en espagnol et je ne sais pas si je peux le commander à partir de là. J'ai essayé d'effectuer une recherche sur la vanne ninebot à l'aide de la page USA / English, mais elle ne donne aucun résultat pour cette vanne Ninebot minipro spécifique. La vanne Z10 ressemble exactement à la vanne minipro.

Avez-vous le lien où je l'achète si je suis aux Etats-Unis? Merci.

https://more4mini.com/products/valve-for-mini-pro-tire

368A119D-6002-4912-9D22-80FDF70CE4F1.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Stanor said:

Got it.....thank you so much.  I will order 2 just in case.  Wow, the shipping cost is about $10.  It is more than 2 of these valves combine. Oh well, when I am desperate, I have to accept the high shipping fee.

Now time to cancel my Amazon order of the wrong valve.  Thank you for the info on the correct valve Stanor or I would have ordered the wrong valve from Amazon :-)

Edited by SanDiegoGuy

9 hours ago, Stanor said:

Thanks for the link. My Mten3 valve is leaking and I have to replace it. And one spare for Z10 ordered too.

38 minutes ago, Stanor said:

To facilitate the installation of the valve, you will need to grease it. there are products that attack the rubber. food oil can be used.

Dish washing liquid is better. It doesn't attack the rubber. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Ch.Eng.62 said:

Thanks for the link. My Mten3 valve is leaking and I have to replace it. And one spare for Z10 ordered too.

You're just replacing the valve core right? Not the entire assembly?

10 hours ago, SanDiegoGuy said:

O.K. folks....I have ordered these to try and fix the valve problem of the tire of my Z10

https://www.amazon.com/ABN-Rubber-Tubeless-Standard-Vehicle/dp/B01MTGDI4Y/ref=sr_1_1?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1539659756&sr=1-1&keywords=ABN+Snap-in+Short+Black+Rubber+Valve+Stem+(TR412)+4-Pack+for+Tubeless+0.453”+Inch+11.5mm+Rim+Holes

--------------

….and the tool to insert the valve into the tire:

I will try to use the above tool first so that I do not have to open up the Z10.  I hate to disassemble the Z10 to get to the tire.  If the tool does not work, then I will be forced to disassemble the Z10.

Very interesting tool. Will be fascinating to see how well this works :popcorn:

21 minutes ago, SanDiegoGuy said:

Thanks guys.  I will use the dish washing liquid (palmolive soap).  I have olive cooking oil too.

there are lubricants that do not attack the rubber and that are hypoalergenic 

:D

A03AEB82-982A-40FF-BC00-4B54731D8D63.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

You're just replacing the valve core right? Not the entire assembly?

Unfortunately the core is fine. The leakage is between rubber and the threaded brass part. The rubber is separated from the brass. I have to replace the assembly. 

It is the original valve. The wheel was delivered with tubeless tire. I don't know why this leakage appears 

Edited by Ch.Eng.62
  • Like 1