I just ruined the tire of my Z10 :-(

SanDiegoGuy

On 9/11/2020 at 12:40 PM, Rob Le Page said:

Ok so I had a similar issue . Tried to screw an extension onto the really dumb tiny access to the valve and what happens , it got stuck on and just turned and turned . A bit of pressure to unscrew and a bit of pulling and next thing the tiny valve pulls out. Bugger , how the hell do you get this thing back in. Read all the comments here and knowing there is no way to get is back in from the outside and knowing there was not a chance I was dismantling the wheel , plan B . This is how I fixed it in less than 10 minutes. 
1/ press on the edge of the tyre at the valve location to break the bead to allow access

2/ use a clamp to clamp the tyre to depress it enough to allow access to the valve opening

3/ put a bit of grease / dish liquid on the valve and poke it in the hole from the inside and then grab it gently with a pair of pointy nose pliers and pull it gently through the hole to seal it.

4/ then using the valve extender that comes with the wheel tape the end where it screws onto the valve so it doesn’t just turn and turn ( it really is a stupid design) the tape helps to tighten it onto the valve . On the other end install a valve extender this will allow to inflate the tyre .

5/ inflate the tyre to 60 psi then leave to make sure it’s sealed . 

Hey Marty , this ones for you and hope this helps any poor bugger This happens to . Crap design but it is what it is . Enjoy you EUC whatever it is 

Well I did the same after I saw Ade’s post.

It also worked. I think it’s the quickest way. No leak.

I used these Magiin 9T5UX3BK kit de demonte-pneu https://www.amazon.fr/dp/B077RRYM7P?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

and these : 5 pièces Protecteurs de Jante https://www.amazon.fr/dp/B07S2R76LJ?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

to break the bead and push it down all around before I could make space to insert the valve.

I used window cleaner all around the break the bead. Plenty of good youtube videos : https://youtu.be/jQZM402U2x4

Didn’t need the bead breaker.. but it was a bit hard without.

Be careful to insert the valve while the wheel is down on the valve side. It is easier to push it down and there is less risk of dropping it inside the tire... which I did and it s*cked.

Thank you all for this thread.

On 12/5/2019 at 10:47 PM, Ade said:

Don’t need to split the wheel if it’s tubeless 

put z10 flat on floor , with tyre valve at bottom (6 o’clock) break seal of tyre near valve . This will give you enough room to push valve in so far ,thread of valve has gone through wheel . 
then turn wheel to align valve with port hole where you normally inflate tyre. 
thread metal tyre inflater extension on to valve thread and pull up GENTLY until you feel valve seat into position 😜

• 2 years later...
On 9/11/2020 at 4:40 AM, Rob Le Page said:

Ok so I had a similar issue . Tried to screw an extension onto the really dumb tiny access to the valve and what happens , it got stuck on and just turned and turned . A bit of pressure to unscrew and a bit of pulling and next thing the tiny valve pulls out. Bugger , how the hell do you get this thing back in. Read all the comments here and knowing there is no way to get is back in from the outside and knowing there was not a chance I was dismantling the wheel , plan B . This is how I fixed it in less than 10 minutes. 
1/ press on the edge of the tyre at the valve location to break the bead to allow access

2/ use a clamp to clamp the tyre to depress it enough to allow access to the valve opening

3/ put a bit of grease / dish liquid on the valve and poke it in the hole from the inside and then grab it gently with a pair of pointy nose pliers and pull it gently through the hole to seal it.

4/ then using the valve extender that comes with the wheel tape the end where it screws onto the valve so it doesn’t just turn and turn ( it really is a stupid design) the tape helps to tighten it onto the valve . On the other end install a valve extender this will allow to inflate the tyre .

5/ inflate the tyre to 60 psi then leave to make sure it’s sealed . 

Hey Marty , this ones for you and hope this helps any poor bugger This happens to . Crap design but it is what it is . Enjoy you EUC whatever it is 

Thank you! I can't thank you enough. You gave me the courage to perform this fix. I bought a monster 8" Bessey clamp and got to it. This wasn't a 10 minute job for me though. But I'm so happy to have my wheel back again. My valve did the exact same thing is yours. No wonder Ninebot included that special adapter. I popped out my valve using a metal extender and that just wouldn't have happened if I had stuck to using the rubber one Ninebot provided with a small piece of tape.

Edited by earthtwin
more info