Any college students in here that use the EUC to go from class to class?

SanDiegoGuy

I am way too old to be in college anymore but looking back, if we had EUC like we did today, I would definitely use the EUC to go from class to class.  My University of California, Irvine campus was big and walking from class to class was not too fun in the good old days.

I wonder if the new generation of college students now use EUC to go from class to class, if the campus allows such vehicles.

Yes, my girlfriend and two other professors at  university, use EUCs to get around a rather large campus. There's a lot of boosted boards but no other EUCs.

That one professor is one of the most skilled EUC riders I've ever seen, I would put him below @Hirsute but not by much.

I use my EUC to get to class every day. It’s about a 2 mile commute through a suburban neighborhood, 5 minutes door-to-door. One of my friends is a Boosted convert and has a V8, but nobody really wants to spend the money. There are probably about 5 Boosteds on campus too. 

1 hour ago, Adam. said:

I'm a college student and am trying to save up the cash for an EUC. Right now a lot of students use bird and lime scooters.

The popularity of the Bird and Lime scooters is phenomenal; from looking at those two applications throughout the day (I have personally used Lime scooters) I would guess ridership is 100% until their batteries are depleted.

It's insane St Louis is putting caps on scooters when they are that popular; there's a huge need for that kind of transportation. One wonders when there will be a cap on numbers of cars in the city.

1 hour ago, LanghamP said:

The popularity of the Bird and Lime scooters is phenomenal; from looking at those two applications throughout the day (I have personally used Lime scooters) I would guess ridership is 100% until their batteries are depleted.

It's insane St Louis is putting caps on scooters when they are that popular; there's a huge need for that kind of transportation. One wonders when there will be a cap on numbers of cars in the city.

I'm at Indiana University and the campus is big enough that from corner to corner its about a 30 minute walk, bus trips are variable upon traffic, and the scooters have next to no regulations on campus except for "park at a bike rack," so they are flying around campus pretty much all the time. I can understand using a scooter once a week or so, but everyday or multiple times a day adds up quick enough that you may as well just buy your own scooter/EUC/esk8. Meepo, a good quality budget esk8 brand, can get you an 18 mph board for $299. Because of their wheels, esk8s are not possible in the winter, but I don't know how the bird and limes will handle the snow/ice/slush/salt either.

So if you guys bring it to class, where do put it?  Do you guys sit at the edge and put your wheels at the wall near you?  Would that obstructs the hall way/steps ?

What about larger devices such as E-scooters?  Those take up a lot of room so how do bring it in the class?  Is it allowed to be in the lecture hall?  If not, do you leave it outside and lock it up in the bike rack?  Just curious where you guys put your devices (whether it is EUC, E-scooters, E-skateboards) while you are attending your class.

7 hours ago, SanDiegoGuy said:

So if you guys bring it to class, where do put it?  Do you guys sit at the edge and put your wheels at the wall near you?  Would that obstructs the hall way/steps ?

What about larger devices such as E-scooters?  Those take up a lot of room so how do bring it in the class?  Is it allowed to be in the lecture hall?  If not, do you leave it outside and lock it up in the bike rack?  Just curious where you guys put your devices (whether it is EUC, E-scooters, E-skateboards) while you are attending your class.

I'm an informatics major(cs but less theoretical), and esk8s, the most prevalent owned form, are usually brought into class and put next to the desk/table. Same with normal scooters and skateboards/longboards. I haven't seen people who personally own scooters and have never seen an euc in person. Some boards have handles that you could loop a lock through but honestly it's too much of a risk with how easy it is to break.

22 hours ago, SanDiegoGuy said:

I just leave mine right inside the classroom door. Nobody gives it a second glance until I speed away :)

I wish i had a EUC when i went to Cal state Long Beach. My classes were at the front and the main parking lot was at the opposite end. (this was before they had built the parking structure). The walk was not fun, especially considering that the parking lot was basically built on a slope

Archived