Best looking wheel

Paddylaz

Wondering what you guys thought on the topic of looks. I'm awaiting my Ninebot and previously I've had experience riding the airwheel x8, a couple of ips models and an original Ninebot. 

I used to have the almost default position of thinking the Ninebot was the most attractive but I'm starting to think the Solowheel Xtreme actually looks better. Maybe not as 'pretty' as the bot but looks a bit more....sort of 'tactical' and serious. Thoughts? Just interested.

Are there those out there that prefer the boxy designs for instance? (If we assume of course all other specs are identical).

I met Daan today with his Solowheel extreme and that beast looks really sexy I have to admit. It looks more slender despite the fatter and bigger tire.

I fully expect newer models from the bigger manufacturers to get on par with the bot and obviously i am hoping that the next bot will look even cooler than today and stay ahead in terms of looks. :)

Yeah the future is bright, aesthetically speaking.

i think the solowheel Xtreme is the best looking of all the wheels. Pretty, but tactical and sporty looking. The 'bot, as I've said in the past, is pretty to the extent it has the 'blonde bimbo' vibe going on. Hard to take seriously ?. Pity the Xtreme is so expensive/slow/range etc.

My guess is, since we've seen the bot in its 4th iteration, the novelty factor has worn off. Its like with cars, every few years a slight facelift doesnt cut it, you need a complete optical refresh while keeping some key design elements of the brand so people recognize it.

I really like the look of the Firewheel (biased I know!), the Solowheel Xtreme, and the Ninebot One. The NB1 rates lower because of the handle design and the lack of lights. The next generation of wheels should really focus on having safety features like lights and reflectors built in, they're already required by laws in several states here in the USA. You can certainly add them afterwards, but that detracts from the looks and this thread is about good looking wheels!

Xima Lhotz Black/White

This points out how important color choice is to the look, especially long-term when they get dirty or scratched. To me the Xima Lhotz looks ugly in white but it's nicer in black. White also shows dirt and scratches a lot more than black or some darker color.

Colors other than black can definitely work, but only if it's the color of the plastic through-and-through, not a paint job. I think super bright crazy colors make an EUC look like a toy. The best example I can think of is the King Songs and their strange yellow color, they look a lot better in black, red, blue, or orange.

This points out how important color choice is to the look, especially long-term when they get dirty or scratched. To me the Xima Lhotz looks ugly in white but it's nicer in black. White also shows dirt and scratches a lot more than black or some darker color.

Colors other than black can definitely work, but only if it's the color of the plastic through-and-through, not a paint job. I think super bright crazy colors make an EUC look like a toy. The best example I can think of is the King Songs and their strange yellow color, they look a lot better in black, red, blue, or orange.

I do have the black one :) Haven't seen a white one in person yet so not sure

• 2 weeks later...

Depends. Maybe the wheel one got is always the "best looking one". I find the Ninebot One a little too elegant. It looks like a modern vacuum cleaner. The flashing lights a bit too much, maybe ok for very young people. 

My favorite design is the noname TG-F3. Sportive, black, simple, no gimmicks. 

image.jpeg

I am a kind of guy that falls for looks. I like Ninebot and ordered one finally. Expecting tomorrow. Ninebot should be credited to change the boxy wheel look to something like a space wheel. We all know that design trend is being copied by others. Solowheel Extreme is second. Firewheel is third. I didn't like any of the new IPS models. Except Zero, they messed up older classic designs. My 2 cents.

I really liked the round kind, but after riding lots of models I prefer a hybrid design - in between the round and boxy style. Comfort and cool factor combined.

Would the KS 14's fit in that category? I admit that I originally didn't like the KS's styling when I first saw it but it has grown on me. Especially seeing it in motion on a few Youtube videos.

Reminds me of a Subaru WRX STI... To the uninitiated, it looks boxy and a bit clumsy. But when you realize what's under the hood and how it performs (and in the WRX's case, its heritage), you learn to appreciate its looks -- and even like it B)

That being said, I'd rank the Solowheel Xtreme first, with the Lhotz 340 next...

I like the 9b1 (have one) but it does seem a bit too sterile to me. And seems out of place off-road. It's the most high tech looking though that's for sure. Like a Tron lightcycle..

Would the KS 14's fit in that category? I admit that I originally didn't like the KS's styling when I first saw it but it has grown on me. Especially seeing it in motion on a few Youtube videos.

Reminds me of a Subaru WRX STI... To the uninitiated, it looks boxy and a bit clumsy. But when you realize what's under the hood and how it performs (and in the WRX's case, its heritage), you learn to appreciate its looks -- and even like it B)

That being said, I'd rank the Solowheel Xtreme first, with the Lhotz 340 next...

I like the 9b1 (have one) but it does seem a bit too sterile to me. And seems out of place off-road. It's the most high tech looking though that's for sure. Like a Tron lightcycle..

I'm trying to decide on what to pull the trigger on right now, having cancelled my initial 9bot order over 2nd thoughts. 

Cant decide between the IPS LHOTZ and the bot e+. It's a looks v performance thing although they are both among the more handsome of eucs.

Archived