Ninebot E+ actual range?

BlackM

I am not 100% sure but I remember that batteries reach their full capacity after several discharge/charge cycles. Concerning my 9B1E+, it clearly increased its autonomy after a few days.

tire pressure? 

I just did a 16km ride and i got a low battery warning after about 11-12km on an almost new Ninebot E+, is this normal at all? Range seems way too low.

Well for one thing it makes me feel better about my range which i wasnt totally happy about.  I can only do 20 miles total on my kingsong 14" 680wh battery. On a decent road conditions with high tire pressure.  I am 100kg. This seems consistent with ninebot numbers from blackm

My E+ goes about 7 or 8 miles before doing the slow operation and constant tilt-back.

Hmm, that is somewhat disappointing for 340Wh... My Solowheel has a smaller battery than 340Wh but it can do surely 13 miles on flat terrain. Perhaps the Ninebot tilt-back is set a bit too conservative, or perhaps they use different kind of batteries?

I weigh 170 lbs (makes a big difference!) and ride on rolling hills but I don't ride very fast.  Often my avg speed is 8mph, but I do mixed riding - some straightaways and some slower obstacle avoidance and strolling while taking in the scene.  At 10 miles I'm typically down to 50% battery, and can go another 5 miles (for a total of 15) before the safety features start to kick in at around 20%-30% battery left.  The most I've ridden on a charge so far is 16.5 miles, at which point I think I would have been limited if trying to go over 10mph.  

Your weight, the speed you ride, make a big difference in the results you receive.  But I guess we all pretty much know that.  

Just another data point for comparison guys.

PS. I'm riding tire pressure of 45-47 psi. 

One kinda obvious conclusion one can get from all of this : if you are new and trying to decide which batteries to go with when buying a wheel, you need to figure , as a rule of thumb, the actual range will be about half of the advertised range.

Went yesterday for a ride with the lads on my two months old E+ for about 16km. Temperature about 30 degree C, good road conditions, no off road track, tyre pressure slightly above 3 bar and with me being about 80 kg. Started with 100% freshly charged and ended with 39% battery level. The bot is in daily usage for minor trips and the battery was never below 20% so far.

We had s couple of kids in the group on Kingsong (dont know the particular model) and IPS LHOTZ. According to their comments after the trip, the battery level of their euc's was all well above 70%. I guess all of them are in the range of 25-30 kg. Now the impact of weight on range is not really a surprise but it make me think shredding one or two extra kilos for the sake of more distance (and I am sure for the sake of my tailor ?)

IPS Lhotz here, 340Wh - I have been getting 20-25km range according to the app (which I don't actually trust, but...).

However, I do a lot of up/downhill riding and have been doing drills where I go fast then do a U turn as sharply as possible... so it's probably not the ideal circumstances.

IPS Lhotz here, 340Wh - I have been getting 20-25km range according to the app (which I don't actually trust, but...).

However, I do a lot of up/downhill riding and have been doing drills where I go fast then do a U turn as sharply as possible... so it's probably not the ideal circumstances.

i never connected the app, i just check the actual distance i rode in google maps.  20-25km sounds good compared to my stats, but i am probably heavier.  whats your weight?

Hi @dpong, no we have been around 40 people riding through downtown Singapore. All sorts of euc's and level of riding ability and experience. We also went through some crowded places, so the average speed was maybe more in the range of 12 to 14 km/h.

I made some videos with my phone, but have no idea how to edit a film or how to brush it up, so I wont bore you with that. But here is a wee picture to give you an impression.

image.jpg

Today I ran my NB1 E+ as far as I was comfortable going on a single charge.  I made 18.62 miles.  At the end I was down to 19% battery, and would get good solid tilt-back when going 7mph.  Decided that was good enough.   It must be that I ride slow and steady to get these kinds of distance?  I rarely exceed 11mph and I accelerate slowly.  

yesterday I rode for about 14 miles  and had about 40%~ left. Hit top speed numerous of times. Terrain was smooth with decent amount of hills. Psi is 45 and I weight about 155. Even with bad terrain I could get close to 20 miles on a full charge. 

Screenshot_2015-09-08-12-02-34.png

@vido I can see that your average speed is similar to my typical average speed, although at no time do I go anywhere near your maximum speed.   So I am tempted to conclude that average speed may be a big factor in distance achieved on a charge. 

@vido I can see that your average speed is similar to my typical average speed, although at no time do I go anywhere near your maximum speed.   So I am tempted to conclude that average speed may be a big factor in distance achieved on a charge. 

That was actually the fastest I've gone and given it was down hill. My top speed going straight was probably 14

Archived