Ninebot E+ actual range?

BlackM

My buddy and I joined a large group of bicycles to ride around the city a few weeks ago. He rode the ninebot one E+. Here are the stats from that ride along with timelapsed video....

Screenshot_2015-08-02-22-59-45.thumb.png

Other things: On fully charged batteries, we rode about 2 miles before I started the MyTracks. The video ends 16 miles into the ride.... the rest of the tracked ride is us going back to my car. He weighs about 160 lbs and it was around 80 degrees Fahrenheit. His tire was at 45 PSI. We also charged up his ninebot for 30 minutes in the middle of the ride.

So.... 16.81 miles into the ride, he immediately starts to notice that he can't go as fast anymore. So we ride at an average pace of 6-8 mph. Then about 19 miles in it the ninebot slows/tilts back even more so we ride even slower at around 4-5 miles. He was able to get back to my car without it suddenly shutting off. So he was barely able to go 21.61 miles (with a 30 minute extra charge).

And those that are wondering, I was riding my Firewheel F779 (779 Wh battery). I didn't recharge at all and I was left with 35% battery.

I just did a 16km ride and i got a low battery warning after about 11-12km on an almost new Ninebot E+, is this normal at all? Range seems way too low.

I weigh 160 pounds and have the tire pressure at 50 psi. Riding at 7 mph I got 16 miles before hitting the 20 percent battery. Riding at a constant top speed I got 13 miles before hitting the 20 percent battery mark, so the speed definitely makes a big difference.

I'm about 88kg and this weekend, I made 20km before arriving to the 20% tilt back. But it was very windy, and I noticed this before; wind sucks a lot of power. I run mixed full speed and middle speed. I'd say I would get about 30 km without wind, and being a little bit careful with the power.

11-12km does not sound like a E+.

Archived