Suggestions for my first unicycle purchase

Berus

Hi!

I'm new , but I have read several/review post in this forum.Great forum ! :)

Now I have decided to buy one unicyle at low price from china.

But i'm undecided between 3-4 models, so if some can help me.. maybe there is some details on their description ...

-16 inch  motor 350watt max torque 45N  http://victec.en.alibaba.com/product/60320823190-800831664/16_inch_smart_unicycle_self_balancing_electric_scooter_with_bluetooth_wth_led.html

another link of the same http://www.aliexpress.com/item/16-inch-Mini-Bluetooth-audio-light-Single-smart-balanced-electric-standing-scooter-self-balancing-Unicycle-wheelbarrow/32440440534.html?spm=2114.031010208.3.171.BNBxXY&ws_ab_test=201407_2,201444_5,201409_4

-16inch seems this have better motor power http://www.aliexpress.com/item/1-wheel-hands-free-electric-self-balancing-scooter/32440939945.html?spm=2114.031010208.3.200.phUj0t&ws_ab_test=201407_2,201444_5,201409_4

-16inch 350W http://www.dhgate.com/product/t3-black-and-multi-colour-16-quot-monocycle/239206247.html?recinfo=22,0,3#hp1507-viewed-3-5|null:0

-16inch (maybe) 300*2, 600 w ??? how can be http://www.dhgate.com/product/dhl-martian-car-self-balancing-electric-unicycle/241563737.html#minicart-2-null

I have read in this forum about battery and security BMS, so there is others details( exclude the price) that i must consider ? 350W motor is enough for a 16 inch ?

The first models are similar to ninebot and is offered by a lot of china suppliers as 16inch .. someone have it ? torque 45N is enough ?

It have the front open  ..is a problem ?

thanks in advance :)

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally I would have thought that all the low power problems that you can just about cope with on a 350W 14" wheel, with a lot of care at slow speed and low load as a learner looking for a cheap trial would be much worse on a 16" wheel.

Generally bigger wheels seem to need more power to give the same performance as their smaller counterparts.

That is probably peak power that they are quoting rather than rated power. Most good eucs can produce over 1000w of peak power for a very short time, it's what keeps you upright when you unexpectantly hit a bump and lose your balance.

I would say go with a gotway msuper:)    The thing is amazing

maybe the price it's different from this models :D

That is probably peak power that they are quoting rather than rated power. Most good eucs can produce over 1000w of peak power for a very short time, it's what keeps you upright when you unexpectantly hit a bump and lose your balance.

I think that the model without brand have a 350w , with brand 450w(I have found e description with this number)-- with peak 700w.

I have found a version (different brand -same model) that declare over 1000w8peak for sure)

It's always difficult to get straight answers about the stats of eucs from the smaller generic assemblers as they tend to buy in all the components off the shelf and only know what their suppliers tell them.

It's always difficult to get straight answers about the stats of eucs from the smaller generic assemblers as they tend to buy in all the components off the shelf and only know what their suppliers tell them.

This is true , so today I asked to a manufacturer  http://www.suokuwheel.com  more details about s8 model .I had a very quick reply that sound like : " We can not tell nothing more "  no battery brand/power nothing more about engine ..nothing. only the price :D

Berus, for beginners, I recommend Fastwheel EVA Pro. 12in. Wheel, great design, good foot grips, less ankle irritation!

No BMS issues. Plus it's has good range and  regenerative braking which puts power back to the battery. Gearless motor isn't as loud as other brands on the market.

Best to start off with a 12in or 14in wheel as it will be easier to turn. 

Its firmware is also updated through the app. To what I know, Ninebot is the only other company that offers firmware updates.

Another option to look into.

Here's some specs

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Thanks for the suggestions guys,

I have now read the post with suokowheel , he could be the same person that reply at official email address.

So I understand that:

-he don't understand english language

or

- their policy to try increase the sales is : don't give information so if you want  know ....you must buy ... :blink:

#1 says "Power: 100-200W", so definitely not.

#2 says <31-60km range at top but at the bottom chart says 18-30km. Also I saw '10 degrees' in the chart, which is a very bad climbing ability if that is what it is (I can't read chinese)

#3 says 30km/h at the top, 22km/h in the middle and 10km/h in the bottom. This means that none of the specifications listed are trustworthy.

#4 - T3, assuming it is the actual TG T3 and not a ripoff, has been used by several people on this forum. It is a low-end brand and I believe has BMS cut-off problems, but is probably your best bet.

#5, the specs for power and battery don't make any sense. I don't think the seller has any idea about electric unicycles, so it's probably just the cheapest thing possible. I would not buy it.

Thanks for the suggestions guys,

I have now read the post with suokowheel , he could be the same person that reply at official email address.

So I understand that:

-he don't understand english language

or

- their policy to try increase the sales is : don't give information so if you want  know ....you must buy ... :blink:

Yes it's great when the manfacturers and sellers are so proud of their accomplishments that they like to tell you all about them. :)

Tricky to buy a new wheel -- there are so many bad ones out there B)

From what I have seen here on the forum, there a few 'better' brands, like Solowheel, King Song, Ninebot, Gotway, and IPS. Perhaps others too?

I like the new "IPS Zero" models and the IPS Xima Lhotz looks promising too. Ninebot E+ is very popular, and new King Song's seem very good. I have the Solowheel Xtreme, expensive but overall a great experience. My 2c.

Tricky to buy a new wheel -- there are so many bad ones out there B)

From what I have seen here on the forum, there a few 'better' brands, like Solowheel, King Song, Ninebot, Gotway, and IPS. Perhaps others too?

I like the new "IPS Zero" models and the IPS Xima Lhotz looks promising too. Ninebot E+ is very popular, and new King Song's seem very good. I have the Solowheel Xtreme, expensive but overall a great experience. My 2c.

I would definitely check out IPS Zero. It's brand new and currently only available by contacting the manufacturer directly and ordering via wire transfer or similar, however the prices I saw quoted were something like $300-550 for the cheapest/most expensive variants (probably not including shipping so add 100-200 to that figure), and it looks like a real winner with both good looks and high end specs.

A few people on these forums have ordered and should be receiving them soon I believe, if you don't mind waiting for some reviews to come out.

#1 says "Power: 100-200W", so definitely not.

#2 says <31-60km range at top but at the bottom chart says 18-30km. Also I saw '10 degrees' in the chart, which is a very bad climbing ability if that is what it is (I can't read chinese)

#3 says 30km/h at the top, 22km/h in the middle and 10km/h in the bottom. This means that none of the specifications listed are trustworthy.

#4 - T3, assuming it is the actual TG T3 and not a ripoff, has been used by several people on this forum. It is a low-end brand and I believe has BMS cut-off problems, but is probably your best bet.

#5, the specs for power and battery don't make any sense. I don't think the seller has any idea about electric unicycles, so it's probably just the cheapest thing possible. I would not buy it.

I would wait for the P model myself. I already own the E+ and I'm all about beating on my shit. it performed better than my expectations 

I would definitely check out IPS Zero. It's brand new and currently only available by contacting the manufacturer directly and ordering via wire transfer or similar, however the prices I saw quoted were something like $300-550 for the cheapest/most expensive variants (probably not including shipping so add 100-200 to that figure), and it looks like a real winner with both good looks and high end specs.

A few people on these forums have ordered and should be receiving them soon I believe, if you don't mind waiting for some reviews to come out.

I like IPS Zero model too, yes the price start from 460 - 680$  included shipping.

I am not impressed at those stated facts:

• The product model:A8
  • Maximum range:30-50KM
  • Maximum load:130KM
  • Battery capacity:4400MAH
  • Running speed:20KM/H
  • Weight:12.8KG

130km load? How high is that in Pounds? :D:D
My Cellphone has a 4000mAh battery capacity, so this cant be right as well.
If you want to use it in the Rain, you might want to check if its water and dustproof, I couldnt find any IPxx indication if their "safe, selfmade" System doesnt short when you ride through a puddle of water.

Another Question, what is your budget that you are willing to spend on such a device? I guess some of the more experienced in here will be able to give you better options from known manufacturers with really safe soft/hardware.

Don't remember seeing that one before, not exactly like most typical generics, but hard to say anything for sure, a tad faster and larger battery than the typical generics?

My Cellphone has a 4000mAh battery capacity, so this cant be right as well.

It is right, if it's otherwise correct (if the wheel really has that much amphours). You cannot compare a 3.7V (single cell/LiPo) 4000mAh battery in your phone with around 60V (16-cell) 4400mAh battery, because the voltages are different. Even the 16S4P 528Wh packs are "only" 8800mAh.  That's why the larger battery capacities are usually displayed as watt hours:

3.7 * 4.0Ah = 14.8Wh

60 * 4.4Ah = 264Wh

And the fact that the amp hour capacity is 4.4Ah tells that this is either a single 2P-pack or two separate 1P-packs (either 2 * 16S1P or single 16S2P), better than usual generics or any (single-wheeled) Airwheel. There are no 4400mAh 18650-cells (cell-phones probably use LiPos, which can be made in larger sizes), so it must be using two packs with 2200mAh cells.

If you want to use it in the Rain, you might want to check if its water and dustproof, I couldnt find any IPxx indication if their "safe, selfmade" System doesnt short when you ride through a puddle of water.

True that, but you can't trust the IP-ratings anyway, as they aren't checked or certified by anyone, any manufacturer can claim that their wheel is IPxx. From all the tear down-pictures so far (including Ninebot, it looks like the motor/battery-wiring holes weren't sealed?), I haven't seen yet a single wheel that really fulfills the IP65-rating, although pretty much all of them claim that.

Archived