THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

On 10/3/2023 at 10:05 PM, WILSONEUC said:

Bucket list item complete-----sorta... (veteran Patton)

Nice nice nice, i like that!   Nature, some synthetic food ( :P )  peace, mosqitos, and no nagging wife !   Sorry you had to go home before morning and coffe time.  Do it again!   :cheers:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

I'm finding out the painful way that I'm an expert on changing tires. 

Why?  Because of OEM failures pinching tubes on installs using the common spoons.  Here's the evidence!  

So what tools do you need to install the tire without pinching the tube?  Ans = a wooden box under the rim.  Method?  Squeeze the other side and kneel on it.  Like this!  

That wasn't the 1st time either. 

Edited by Elliott Reitz
+
  • Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Elliott Reitz said:

We set a new dog-team EUC speed record of 25.1 mph tonight. I've done 27 mph with loki and am certain he can go yet faster but I think this was Teddy's lifetime best speed.

Elliott, there's gonna be a wheel-based Iditarod in your area in the next spring or two, isn't there.  :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Elliott Reitz said:

I ride mostly because of Loki.  When my wife passed in 2017 I got Loki and planned on running him by bicycle but he wanted to go so slowly that bicycles didn't work. 

Of course you don't have to answer, but out of interest is there a physical reason why you couldn't just walk with Loki? I think if I was down to below cycle speeds I think I would give up on anything PEV and just walk.

3 hours ago, Planemo said:

Of course you don't have to answer, but out of interest is there a physical reason why you couldn't just walk with Loki? I think if I was down to below cycle speeds I think I would give up on anything PEV and just walk.

I wasn't looking to run myself either.  So hoverboards worked but were to slow for him to run faster than a trot.  The e+ got us upto an average of 8mph (rather than max 8ish on hoverboards) with bursts to 14 mph (e+ limit), and with the MSX-100V I've done 27 mph with Loki (and he was pulling me, he can do >>30 for sure).

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Planemo said:

It was more frequent stops and speed reduction on hot days.  He likes to average about 5 to 8 mph with speed bursts.  Teddy likes to run a much faster average and as that vid captured, Teddy's top speed is now 25.1 mph.  And I mean his fastest run because I was even with him not slowing him down.  Loki on the other hand pulled so hard he helped my hard-acceleration-cutout anxiety and got us up to the 25.1 mph.  

So why ride than walk?  I guess I'd rather ride 1mph than walk at 3mph.  Just something about riding that I love in my spirit regardless of what I'm actually riding.

• Like 1

The Extreme is Redeemed!

The biggest improvement for me was putting on a pair of T4 pads and cutting them like I have on the T4 Master and S20/S22. The suspension was better tighter with too much stiction per set-scres on bushings (not bottoming), but was stiffer on little stuff (still needs progressive linkage). Here's a walk-around:

And the thrill ride per my OP.

Edited by Elliott Reitz
+vid
  • Like 1

If you've got a Begode wheel older than July I recommend you DO NOT UPDATE FIRMWARE.  

After doing 4 FW updates to Extreme, Master, and two T4s; I quickly had to revert the T4s to get them to stop buzzing even while riding.
And tonight I found repeatable vibration riding Master. After finishing this video I checked the app and it wasn't in Race Mode either. So yea, I reverted the Master FW now too. I'm happy to have it's old performance characteristics back rather than a new 50 mph cutout fear.  In the process I checked the stiction set screws and set them 1/2 turn back from snug (after going tighter and proving that didn't fix the buzzing).  The extreme still has too much stiction regardless of the set screws while it bottoms out easy on the 750 lbs spring.  Still that spring feels way better than the 900 lbs spring it had... just needs a progressive linkage.  

Hay Begode, next time you call a mode like trail mode a legacy mode try making it the actual legacy mode too. Like have Legacy, Trail, and Race modes. Till then FW updates = messed up wheels. Good luck anyone doing FW updates.
First Buzzing is just after 0:14 while breaking. 2nd Buzzing is just after 0:21 while accelerating.