THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

47 minutes ago, gymnast1946 said:

Hi folks.  I'm new here.  At age 77 i got tired of lugging my golf bag around the course and bought a V-12.  I'm now getting through 18 holes in under 2 hours.  I wasn't comfortable putting my right foot on the footrest with the power pads but needed them for climbing the steeper holes so I opted to use just the left pad.  It's working great.

that's amazing. good for u. in 2014 i was house sitting my mother's house right on the golf course. i can't think of a better place to ride, but having worked on golf courses since age 13, i'm amazed the greenskeeper hasn't been after u with a rake, or a golfer playing as it lies in one of ur trenches ur making. but i'm not familiar with ur turf, might be fine, not judging, just hugely, very jealous. 

24 minutes ago, novazeus said:

that's amazing. good for u. in 2014 i was house sitting my mother's house right on the golf course. i can't think of a better place to ride, but having worked on golf courses since age 13, i'm amazed the greenskeeper hasn't been after u with a rake, or a golfer playing as it lies in one of ur trenches ur making. but i'm not familiar with ur turf, might be fine, not judging, just hugely, very jealous. 

I play two different courses and got the okay from both greenskeepers.  One wants me to only go where carts are allowed and the other said I can go anywhere push carts go.  Both courses are firm and the wheel leaves no trace.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, gymnast1946 said:

I play two different courses and got the okay from both greenskeepers.  One wants me to only go where carts are allowed and the other said I can go anywhere push carts go.  Both courses are firm and the wheel leaves no trace.

that's great. i love seeing utilatarian uses for wheels as oppose to just play. play is fine, but i'm gonna be 70 in april if i make it, and if these wheels don't get banned before i'm able to start developing here, i was looking at this fancy off road jump park, for the kiddies, not me. pasture is brutal enough.

yeah, the golf course my mother lived on had terrible turf, very hard pack, nothing would hurt it, but these golfers can be the worse karen's on the planet esp looking to blame something else on their lack of ability to properly strike a golfball.

Just now, novazeus said:

yeah, the golf course my mother lived on had terrible turf, very hard pack, nothing would hurt it, but these golfers can be the worse karen's on the planet esp looking to blame something else on their lack of ability to properly strike a golfball.

Just noticed that youre in Tampa.  I was the morning meteorologist at WFLA-TV (NBC 8) fifty years ago.

wflatv with text (2020_06_09 09_43_06 UTC).jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, novazeus said:

that's great. i love seeing utilatarian uses for wheels as oppose to just play. play is fine, but i'm gonna be 70 in april if i make it, and if these wheels don't get banned before i'm able to start developing here, i was looking at this fancy off road jump park, for the kiddies, not me. pasture is brutal enough.

I'll stick with the sedate terrain.  I just went for a ride using my GoPro MAX 360.  The stitching between the two lenses distorted my face in a few places but I thought I'd post the footage anyway.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, gymnast1946 said:

Just noticed that youre in Tampa.  I was the morning meteorologist at WFLA-TV (NBC 8) fifty years ago.

wflatv with text (2020_06_09 09_43_06 UTC).jpg

haha, small world. well u know me being born and raised at this cattle ranch, i'm just south of tampa premium outlets on the land we sold in 1988. 

haha, so u know, i've always envied ur job. u can be wrong non stop and nobody cares, u still watch the weather report. rain is liquid gold for me. u might have played quail hollow the course i was asst pro on 53 years ago. 

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, novazeus said:

haha, small world. well u know me being born and raised at this cattle ranch, i'm just south of tampa premium outlets on the land we sold in 1988. 

haha, so u know, i've always envied ur job. u can be wrong non stop and nobody cares, u still watch the weather report. rain is liquid gold for me. u might have played quail hollow the course i was asst pro on 53 years ago. 

Are you near Ruskin?  When I was stationed at MacDill in the late sixties I was active with the Base Parachuting Club (logged 2000+ jumps).  One of other jumpers was Ross Elsberry of Elsberry Farms.  If you know him, please tell him that Pat Moore says hi.  He's featured in the first chapter of a book I wrote last year "Bad Decisions Make Great Stories".  The alternate title was "Hold My Beer"

Edited by gymnast1946
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, gymnast1946 said:

Are you near Ruskin?  When I was stationed at MacDill in the late sixties I was active with the Base Parachuting Club (logged 2000+ jumps).  One of other jumpers was Ross Elsberry of Elsberry Farms.  If you know him, please tell him that Pat Moore says hi.  He's featured in the first chapter of a book I wrote last year "Bad Decisions Make Great Stories".  The alternate title was "Hold My Beer"

no, i'm where i-275 and i-75 intersect as it crosses the hillsborough/pasco line. haha, i sent ur video to my attys to prove i'm not crazy, now that i know u jump out of perfectly good flying airplanes might not bolster my defense.

don't know ross.

• Like 1

Nice ride tonight.  As its getting dark earlier we're seeing more deer and the dogs run faster.  Note I'm trading my Extreme for another T4 and putting a real knobby on a T4.  Once complete one of them becomes a fam Christmas gift.  As for the Extreme, its more of a road wheel rather than rapid response like I need with the dogs and get with the T4.  
PT 1:

7 hours ago, techyiam said:

Already?

Instead of another T4, did you consider an alternative like the S19?

Because I've had an S18 and currently have an anemic-torque S20/S22.  In this video (link set to start at 3:33) at 3:41 is an indentation in an up-slope that easily over torques the S20/S22 as in this video.  Overtorque-crash.  So I lack faith in its acceleration at dog-run speeds chasing deer.  The T4 and Extreme both make it up that same slope w/o much strain.   Also, I have a friend who has a T4 that just got a flat.  He's been road-riding for his use-case and will enjoy the Extreme as a good road wheel. 

Edited by Elliott Reitz
  • Like 2