THE VIDEO THREAD!

dpong

40 minutes ago, Robse said:

All fine, except for this 1:01 ...  let the police do the work

The alarm can easily be defeated, by just ripping it off the velcro and stomping on it to destroy it, drop into a cup of coffee, etc......

Difficult to secure an EUC that can simply be carried away by anyone.

Apple airtags don't prevent theft either.

Edited by Paul A
  • Like 2

On 10/20/2022 at 12:31 AM, OldFartRides said:

Welcome to the forum flatland. 

Edit: I may have misunderstood the question.

I don’t know who those people are or what they are talking about.

Me too! What is this about???Explain pls.!

7 hours ago, Paul A said:

Crash test euc #viral #trend #story monociclo eléctrico no resiste caída

AMLnZu_gnVjFo7cBvEluVV4B89rSNr55uXMv3BmW
Sep 11, 2022

Pretty much sums up the user experience of the KS 22, so far. Sure the T4 won’t be much further ‘up the stairs’, could be ‘the rise and fall of ZX motors’ too, of course.

Crash test euc #viral #trend #story monociclo eléctrico no resiste caída

AMLnZu_gnVjFo7cBvEluVV4B89rSNr55uXMv3BmW
Sep 11, 2022

What is this?  2 meters drop?   <=> speed at impact =  ~20 - 22 kmph  What does he expect?  Ever tried to run a bicycle direct into a concrete wall at 20 kmph.. would anybody expect the front fork, handlebars, grip, lights etc.  to survive without a dent or crack?    I think it's a silly way to expose a "weakness" in a product.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Freeforester said:

Pretty much sums up the user experience of the KS 22, so far. Sure the T4 won’t be much further ‘up the stairs’, could be ‘the rise and fall of ZX motors’ too, of course.

I'd bet that was during the "front handle breaks instantly" testing... they rammed the new one into the stairs until stuff started falling off the stairs.

Difficult to know isn't it - rider was almost certainly heavier than wheel, and they are both going at same speed at time of crash. Difficult to know who would get dragged where, and which aspects would have been better or worse.

Having a leash may have stopped the EUC from tumbling before it got to the edge. 
The rider was travelling roughly parallel with the road. It might have just slid to a stop with him.
But..... "may" and "might" - We'll never know.
That would have been a heavy beast to lug up that nasty slope!  :o

Car Intentionally Hits EUC rider - What do you guys think?

6.04K subscribers

Oct 25, 2022

Laenthal
Pinned by U-Stride
This is my city.

Here the story as was told in a local "road accidents" group - the car dude wanted to "burst through" using the rightmost lane, disregarded or did not noticed the euc dude in time (who was occupying the center of the lane), got mad and did what he did.

However there was more events after the video ends - the whole deed was witnessed by a driving along National Guard (Rosgvardia) guys, who chased and pulled over the car dude.

By late words of the euc (that's a Sherman btw) dude he had no idea that the car dude intentionally cut him off, so he, thinking that "eh, mistakes happen" struck a deal with the car dude for a bit of money and no hard feelings (in the presence of NatGuards).

However, having learnt about this video later now the euc dude wants to sue the car dude using this video.
As far as i understood there were no injuries and no real damages to the Sherman.
Edited by Paul A
Comments from Youtuber
  • Sad 2

5 hours ago, OldFartRides said:

Wow Ben, getting quite the stable of wheels !

more than I need!  But I like them all - and the subtlety/variation between wheels is real.  Fun to bounce back and forth between them on various rides

• Like 2

Car Intentionally Hits EUC rider - What do you guys think?

6.04K subscribers

Oct 25, 2022

Laenthal

Whenever I’m on street or road, I assume every car or truck is out to eat me and ride evasively.

That vid right there. And just the other day, member here telling story about some idiot reaching for him out a car window.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, OldFartRides said:

Whenever I’m on street or road, I assume every car or truck is out to eat me and ride evasively.

Yes OFR, lots of distance/buffer is good defensive strategy.

Assumption of other vehicles not doing/seeing what they are supposed to, is safest.

Recurring themes in so many crash vids of EUCs, bicycles, motorbikes, cars etc.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Paul A said:

Passing at high speed.

Assuming others will maintain their line, speed, position, check mirrors, look back, will see you, etc....

Well, the speed limit was 20 mph. The euc rider sees the biker slowed right down from behind. Unfortunately, the euc rider doesn't observe low relative speeds. There were no lane dividers. But, were both of them riding defensively, the biker would have done a shoulder check first, and the euc rider would have slowed down quickly to reduce relative speed between them. If the euc rider was riding a motorcycle instead, the biker would have had a bad day.

Edited by techyiam
  • Upvote 1

Wow ! Was that kmp / mph ? Love the driver's reaction, and the balls /trust of that rider in his machine... and by that I mean I like that he has that trust, not that I agree its sensible ! :)

Edited by Cerbera