The Story Behind InMotion And Solowheel

Bob Yan

39 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

You da man, @smallexis.  :thumbup:  Love the "Ghostbusters" sneakers BTW.  :lol:  What kind of "Frankenwheel" is that?  :blink:  It does not fall within the wheel shell shapes within my database... 

It looks like a Rockwheel, he must have modified the shell also.:)  But the video says MCM4.

55 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

You da man, @smallexis.  :thumbup:  Love the "Ghostbusters" sneakers BTW.  :lol:  What kind of "Frankenwheel" is that?  :blink:  It does not fall within the wheel shell shapes within my database... 

Urban MCM4 at the begining  ("french" name for Gotway MCM3) and a shell bought on aliexpress at the rockwheel store. Original battery can't find a place on it so no other choice than making my own battery.

To return a little bit to the subject : if there is some empty places inside your shell, it give a chance to upgrade range 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/3/2018 at 2:16 AM, Bobwheel said:

We shared some story behind InMotion and Solowheel, please check it out here: https://www.myinmotion.com/blogs/news/the-story-behind-inmotion-and-solowheel

Bob, thanks for sharing this.  Transparency helps to build trust - which is critical to a solid business.

My (random) thoughts after viewing the V10 product page: https://www.myinmotion.com/products/inmotion-v10-electric-unicycle

• It took me a LONG time to find the wheel size on this page.  I think that for most riders, the wheel diameter is the #1 spec that they look for.  I finally found it listed once (combined with tire width) in the specs section.  I missed it on the first pass.  This should be one of the first things the reader sees.
  • The page says nothing about water resistance (unless you happen to know what IP55 means).  This should be more prominent.
  • Active cooling - sounds great, but I wonder how the fan works with the water resistance and also if there is redundancy in the fans.  It also makes me think that maybe this wheel has parts that get hotter than other wheels and require this additional cooling.  So if the fan dies, will I know it?  will the wheel quickly overheat and die?
  • I guess I need to see one up close, but the handle looks awkward.  Mounted externally, it looks like it would break easily.  When tipped up, the handle angle looks uncomfortable/awkward to hold.  Nothing like the beautifully engineered handle of the KS16S.

1 hour ago, JimB said:

Bob, thanks for sharing this.  Transparency helps to build trust - which is critical to a solid business.

My (random) thoughts after viewing the V10 product page: https://www.myinmotion.com/products/inmotion-v10-electric-unicycle

• It took me a LONG time to find the wheel size on this page.  I think that for most riders, the wheel diameter is the #1 spec that they look for.  I finally found it listed once (combined with tire width) in the specs section.  I missed it on the first pass.  This should be one of the first things the reader sees.
  • The page says nothing about water resistance (unless you happen to know what IP55 means).  This should be more prominent.
  • Active cooling - sounds great, but I wonder how the fan works with the water resistance and also if there is redundancy in the fans.  It also makes me think that maybe this wheel has parts that get hotter than other wheels and require this additional cooling.  So if the fan dies, will I know it?  will the wheel quickly overheat and die?
  • I guess I need to see one up close, but the handle looks awkward.  Mounted externally, it looks like it would break easily.  When tipped up, the handle angle looks uncomfortable/awkward to hold.  Nothing like the beautifully engineered handle of the KS16S.

I'm not convinced that it has a fan (the pre-production model at least). When I over-heated it I heard no evidence of a fan running. Maybe it's some super quiet fan :confused1:

• 1 month later...

I am new to the EUC community and riding (about a month), after borrowing a friend’s Airwheel I have purchased the INMOTION V8 as my first wheel. I like the app, the aesthetic and the branding as well as the fact that the company interacts with its customers all led to my purchase of their product.

Today, I found out I received the branded Solowheel Glide 3 and to be honest I am disappointed. I found myself attached to the INMOTION brand and I purchased a wheel with the intent of representing that brand in my community. It sounds silly but I feel like I got the knockoff with that brand on my wheel. I hope you put that fractured product identity behind you as you move forward.

I’m sure I’ll get over it when I get home from work and take it out for the first time. 

PS. Which APP should I use; Inmotion, Solowheel or DarknessBot?

24 minutes ago, NeGeN said:

I am new to the EUC community and riding (about a month), after borrowing a friend’s Airwheel I have purchased the INMOTION V8 as my first wheel. I like the app, the aesthetic and the branding as well as the fact that the company interacts with its customers all led to my purchase of their product.

Today, I found out I received the branded Solowheel Glide 3 and to be honest I am disappointed. I found myself attached to the INMOTION brand and I purchased a wheel with the intent of representing that brand in my community. It sounds silly but I feel like I got the knockoff with that brand on my wheel. I hope you put that fractured product identity behind you as you move forward.

I’m sure I’ll get over it when I get home from work and take it out for the first time. 

PS. Which APP should I use; Inmotion, Solowheel or DarknessBot?

Inmotion v8 and Solowheel Glide 3 is all the same, the difference is just the regional /US branding. Since I have Inmotion V8 I cannot use the Solowheel app. But from the screenshots in Android app store it looks nicer the solo app.I take use are on IOS due to you asking about darkbot. Personal I prefer to use manufactor app if possible but right now Inmotion App in Android 8.0 is broken. Maybe @Bobwheelor @Jeffrey Scott Will can pitch in with some insight or input?

I love my wheel. Just rode home in dark from the movies tonight. Right now I am still n00b/rookie with only 100ish miles done or about 165km. But still getting better at riding skills due to videos from @Marty Backe :cheers:and others under the video thread.

1 hour ago, Unventor said:

I love my wheel. Just rode home in dark from the movies tonight. Right now I am still n00b/rookie with only 100ish miles done or about 165km. But still getting better at riding skills due to videos from @Marty Backe :cheers:and others under the video thread.

I would like to do those cool tricks some day :X I’ve subbed to as many EUC channels as I can I’m hooked. Cheers to being novices ?

Archived