12 minutes ago, SuperSport said:

It won't keep me from a wheel, but it does get annoying after a while, even when sitting idle.  I guess I hear it easier than some others, because it does grind on my nerves a bit.  But, like I say, I prefer the noise over having another lesser wheel.

Try riding without the suit and cape and maybe your hearing will revert to that of a mortal.:clap3:

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, SuperSport said:

It won't keep me from a wheel, but it does get annoying after a while, even when sitting idle.  I guess I hear it easier than some others, because it does grind on my nerves a bit.  But, like I say, I prefer the noise over having another lesser wheel.

I never hear the whine anymore :D

I just wrapped up riding the new Rockwheel, many miles. It has a nice whine too, but it's more deep throated. Film at 11 ;)

34 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I never hear the whine anymore :D

I just wrapped up riding the new Rockwheel, many miles. It has a nice whine too, but it's more deep throated. Film at 11 ;)

Is that the new Rockwheel GT16? If it is how is it, I love my Msuper V3S but I need a smaller wheel so I am looking out for a good one and this one caught my attention.

Just now, Goodman said:

Is that the new Rockwheel GT16? If it is how is it, I love my Msuper V3S but I need a smaller wheel so I am looking out for a good one and this one caught my attention.

I'll be posting a short video later today along with some observations.

11 minutes ago, jrkline said:

@captainwells must have gotten his wheel from the green and fashion aliexpress:thumbup:

He did, yesterday. And was gracious to allow me to ride it and push it for 6-7 miles.

13 minutes ago, jrkline said:

A lot of us are waiting for your video review.:)Please delete any clips naked backwards riding:o

It was a little chilly at the beach today so the clothes had to stay on. Plus it wasn't my wheel so that may have been a little awkward :D

BTW, how exactly have I now been branded as the naked wheeler when it was @Hunka Hunka Burning Love that started this :furious:

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

I'll be posting a short video later today along with some observations.

If you are testing GT16, I would like to share some comments I read from Chinese GT16 riders: 1. It is a nice wheel, 2. except that it's tilt back speed or warning is fixed by speed, not relative to battery levels. For example, GW gives warning beeps when power usage is 80+% of what the battery can provide. GT16 does not give such warnings. So, the rider has to reduce speed, not relying on the beeps or tiltbacks, when the battery is <60% full. As a result, there were some bad faceplants already. Marty may take a look at whether GT16 provides over-power warnings.

2 minutes ago, EUCMania said:

If you are testing GT16, I would like to share some comments I read from Chinese GT16 riders: 1. It is a nice wheel, 2. except that it's tilt back speed or warning is fixed by speed, not relative to battery levels. For example, GW gives warning beeps when power usage is 80+% of what the battery can provide. GT16 does not give such warnings. So, the rider has to reduce speed, not relying on the beeps or tiltbacks, when the battery is <60% full. As a result, there were some bad faceplants already. Marty may take a look at whether GT16 provides over-power warnings.

WHY DO MANUFACTURERS DO SUCH THINGS?????????:furious:

Can you update firmware on GT16?

13 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

BTW, how exactly have I now been branded as the naked wheeler when it was @Hunka Hunka Burning Love that started this :furious:

@Hunka Hunka Burning Love likes to poke fun which is good and is something I have been accused of myself.I guess you could call it "KARMA".:roflmao::laughbounce2:

1 hour ago, jrkline said:

@captainwells must have gotten his wheel from the green and fashion aliexpress:thumbup:

Actually, I got this one from "Rockwheel Store" on AliExpress.  It was my first purchase from them.   I ordered on March 6 and it was delivered yesterday.

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Rockwheel-GT16-powered-unicycle-global-booking-84-v-voltage-858-wh-speed-surprise-Electric-bicycle-mini/1748730_32772917120.html?spm=2114.12010612.0.0.FsTLRz

34 minutes ago, EUCMania said:

I saw a reference to a faceplant at 40km/h so I have tilt-back set at 39km/h.  I typically never go that fast anyway.  Initially, tilt-back was stuck at 20km/h and the iOS app wouldn't change it.  The wheel would beep when applying the setting, but the tilt-back would still revert to 20km/h.  It was a pretty subtle tilt-back.  I wasn't even sure that's what it was at first.  I finally found a link to the Android app in a YouTube video description and was able to set the alarms and tilt-back.  I think I have the alarm levels set at 38, 39, and 40km/h.  I haven't heard those alarms yet, but have had one overcurrent warning beep going downhill with a fully charged battery.

One oddity I've noticed is that the battery guage on both the Android and iOS app always reads 100%.  Also, the LED battey level guage on the wheel seemed to always show 100% too.  I finally figured out that it only shows the actual reduced battery level under load.  It floats back up to 100% when braking or stopped.  I think.  I'm reluctant to attempt a range test.

6 minutes ago, captainwells said:

Actually, I got this one from "Rockwheel Store" on AliExpress.  It was my first purchase from them.   I ordered on March 6 and it was delivered yesterday.

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Rockwheel-GT16-powered-unicycle-global-booking-84-v-voltage-858-wh-speed-surprise-Electric-bicycle-mini/1748730_32772917120.html?spm=2114.12010612.0.0.FsTLRz

I saw a reference to a faceplant at 40km/h so I have tilt-back set at 39km/h.  I typically never go that fast anyway.  Initially, tilt-back was stuck at 20km/h and the iOS app wouldn't change it.  The wheel would beep when applying the setting, but the tilt-back would still revert to 20km/h.  It was a pretty subtle tilt-back.  I wasn't even sure that's what it was at first.  I finally found a link to the Android app in a YouTube video description and was able to set the alarms and tilt-back.  I think I have the alarm levels set at 38, 39, and 40km/h.  I haven't heard those alarms yet, but have had one overcurrent warning beep going downhill with a fully charged battery.

Did you get a free trolley handle? If you did is it any good?

4 minutes ago, Goodman said:

Did you get a free trolley handle? If you did is it any good?

I did and the body has pre-drilled holes to attach the trolley handle.  But I don't plan to attach it.  I love how compact the body of the GT16 looks and don't want to add to it.  It's definitely easier to carry than the ACM 1600Wh.  If I'm going somewhere that I'll need a trolley handle, I'll take the KingSong 16S.

Just now, captainwells said:

I did and the body has pre-drilled holes to attach the trolley handle.  But I don't plan to attach it.  I love how compact the body of the GT16 looks and don't want to add to it.  It's definitely easier to carry than the ACM 1600Wh.  If I'm going somewhere that I'll need a trolley handle, I'll take the KingSong 16S.

Wow you have both wheels please when you get the chance do a comparison, I want to get a 16 inch wheel I have the ninebot one e+ but it's a slow wheel and doesn't go very far and I also have the Msuper V3S which is great and I love it but it's heavy and not very nimble for riding around the city. I am thinking of getting the Rockwheel, KS 16S or the Inmotion V8 but there is a huge wait for this wheel and most sellers won't send to Australia.

11 minutes ago, Goodman said:

Wow you have both wheels please when you get the chance do a comparison, I want to get a 16 inch wheel I have the ninebot one e+ but it's a slow wheel and doesn't go very far and I also have the Msuper V3S which is great and I love it but it's heavy and not very nimble for riding around the city. I am thinking of getting the Rockwheel, KS 16S or the Inmotion V8 but there is a huge wait for this wheel and most sellers won't send to Australia.

The KingSong 16S is fun. My first wheel was a Ninebot One E+. I always had the ride at the firmest setting.  Since then, most wheels feel mushy, especially GotWay. The KingSong 16S (and the older KingSong with firmware 1.25) have a really firm ride that I appreciate. I'm not a big fan of pedal dipping. I also like the trolley handle, built-in lights and Bluetooth speakers on the KingSong 16S. 

That said, for my typical use case my favorite wheel is currently the 84v 1600Wh GotWay ACM 16. The acceleration and hill climbing ability are second to none and it's a really fun ride. It's really heavy which wouldn't be great for lugging around. But all that weight at such a low center of gravity contributes to a really stable ride, especially at speed.

I need more time with the Rockwheel GT16, but we may have a new king of the mountain (climbing).

2 minutes ago, captainwells said:

I need more time with the Rockwheel GT16, but we may have a new king of the mountain (climbing).

Looking forward to hearing more about your new Rockwheel GT16 in the near future and thanks.

2 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

It was a little chilly at the beach today so the clothes had to stay on. Plus it wasn't my wheel so that may have been a little awkward :D

I don't quite remember how it all started :innocent1:,  but no worries Marty.  If the GT16 bumplants while you're naked and riding backwards I got your back.  I'll be ready to catch you.  :w00t2:

Archived