Would it Influence Your Decision to Buy a Gotway Wheel, if the Max Speed in the Firmware Were Limited to 30MPH/48KPH?

Would it Influence Your Decision to Buy a Gotway Wheel, if the Max Speed in the Firmware Were Limited to 30MPH/48KPH?  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Would it Influence Your Decision to Buy a Gotway Wheel, if the Max Speed in the Firmware Were Limited to 30MPH/48KPH

• No, 30MPH is fast enough for me, I'd prefer a gentle tilt-back warning to the Wheel cutting out at 34MPH.
    • Yes, I live dangerous & frequently ride in the red zone of 30-34MPH. If my Gotway is limited to 30MPH, I'll buy a RockWheel then!

1 hour ago, eddiemoy said:

Tiltback on the KS16 and 18S are pretty mild.  Nothing like Ninebot.

That’s great. Tilt back should always be mild in my opinion in terms or it’s rapidness. I do believe it should slowly raise up the pedals to a substantial angle if the rider is not reacting 

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, eddiemoy said:

Tiltback on the KS16 and 18S are pretty mild.  Nothing like Ninebot.

I tried tiltback on a ninebot.. Launched me to the moon...

tiltback on ks16..

made me fall off

i think gotway has the best tiltback imo

5 minutes ago, Shad0z said:

I tried tiltback on a ninebot.. Launched me to the moon...

tiltback on ks16..

made me fall off

i think gotway has the best tiltback imo

That is weird.  Maybe your wheel is not calibrated correctly?  Never had issue with tiltback on KS16 and I ride it on the edge at 30kmph.  

I thought people don't use tiltback on the gotways...

9 minutes ago, Cloud said:

That’s great. Tilt back should always be mild in my opinion in terms or it’s rapidness. I do believe it should slowly raise up the pedals to a substantial angle if the rider is not reacting 

haven't had issues riding the tiltback for long duration.

5 minutes ago, eddiemoy said:

That is weird.  Maybe your wheel is not calibrated correctly?  Never had issue with tiltback on KS16 and I ride it on the edge at 30kmph.  

I thought people don't use tiltback on the gotways...

haven't had issues riding the tiltback for long duration.

i mean the ks tiltback is fine. Its just when you hit the top speed fast it throws you back. I dont use tiltback on my gotway. But i tried it once. Nice and smooth. But like all tiltback it gets more powerfull the faster you accelerate past the limit. the ks is just a little more powerfull imo

3 hours ago, eddiemoy said:

I have a KS16 and can ride the tiltback for miles with no issues.  Not sure which earlier models you mean.

The 14" models that were around for a couple years before they came out with a 16".  People were riding them until they cut off and were able to just ignore the tiltback.  I guess it's pretty much the same with the 16"

2 minutes ago, oolong said:

The 14" models that were around for a couple years before they came out with a 16".  People were riding them until they cut off and were able to just ignore the tiltback.  I guess it's pretty much the same with the 16"

Ks16 tiltback. Is not easy to ignore. i tried it first hand..:D

I do not agree with limiting anything.. Most Gotways if not all come with the protection enabled - tiltback /  1 & 2 beeps  with set speed etc. It's up to the rider to ride within their limits. Most noobs go into the app and turn off all protections. Majority don't even do the research on why the wheel beeps when riding.

Do we limit the speed on cars to stop hit and runs and limit crashes..

How about remove alcohol all together to stop people from drinking and driving.

My ninebot use to cut out on me if I leaned forward too much.......

I welcome the speed increase! I just have to ride carefully wear protection and above all ride within my limits. I love my Gotway Monster V100! It's scary fast..

Sorry if this sounds like a rant. I believe Gotway should find a way to remove the cut-off feature and or set a better buffer with tilt-back.. but what  makes a wheel a Gotway -  Speed and Range!

1 hour ago, Tishawn Fahie said:

My ninebot use to cut out on me if I leaned forward too much.......

In some cases the BMS if the 9bot e+ cut off, but normally its just pushing the "weak" motor/battery to its limits.

1 hour ago, Tishawn Fahie said:

... I believe Gotway should find a way to remove the cut-off feature and or set a better buffer with tilt-back.. but what  makes a wheel a Gotway -  Speed and Range!

Never heard of a gotway "cut off feature" - just if one leans the wheel too much to the side? Do you mean reaching the motor/battery limit again? That only can be pushed to higher speeds/loads with stronger motors/batteries.

My top speed is around 35 k/h 99% of the time, so I want a safe cruising speed of 45 k/h to give me a + 10 k/h buffer.

That means top speed is just 28 mph (45kph) for me, haha.

I care about safety, reliability, and quality of ride, torque, acceleration/braking, and then top speed, as long as it is say 35 mph.

Hmm, I guess I am already in a good place for wheels come to think of it. There are a ton of options for me as a safety ner- ..uh, "cool dude".:efee6b18f3:

Archived