tiltback or no tiltback?

Shad0z

Even turning off all alarms and tilt, Monster whistle warning speed limit at 50 km/h. I thought that the wheel were with some problem than I turn on the app and confirmed 50 km/h. But after read this forum I'll take more care.

I always have headphones in when I ride, and then a helmet over them if I could turn off all alarms I would but I use the pebble on my wrist to tell me the speed. Currently however my pebble is starting to wig out a bit so i'm looking at either getting a gps watch that tells the speed or getting another pebble, either way I keep my eye on that when i'm riding at all times to make sure I don't go above 30mph and I rarely let my battery go below 40%

18 minutes ago, Cannings said:

I always have headphones in when I ride, and then a helmet over them if I could turn off all alarms I would but I use the pebble on my wrist to tell me the speed. Currently however my pebble is starting to wig out a bit so i'm looking at either getting a gps watch that tells the speed or getting another pebble, either way I keep my eye on that when i'm riding at all times to make sure I don't go above 30mph and I rarely let my battery go below 40%

i think you should take out the headphones and be aware of your souroundings instead... ;)

All I can say is when I first came off my MSuper V3, it was because I was under false pretences that tilt-back would "Save" me going to quickly, and I had it set too high. Running a top speed with 60% Battery meant there wasnt enough power to tilt me back, when i needed it and it cut out on me, leaving me sliding across the car park and my wheel auditioning for gymnastics in the next olympics. 

Just take it easy at high speeds pal and my advice is; get used to riding it before going too quick and then turn it off. Learn yours and the EUC's limits.

Take care

4 hours ago, Shad0z said:

i think you should take out the headphones and be aware of your souroundings instead... ;)

Why? He uses his Pebble to keep track of his speed, and if it's not flaking out, he can program speed and power warning vibrations, and I don't think he spends much time in traffic (afaik).

We had a discussion a while back (about a year) about music and headphones (it was a pole I think, possibly by me), and @mono came out with a shocker that actually kinda made sense in an antilogic kinda way.

He said he used to ride his bike on the street and was always checking over his shoulder when he heard a car.  It was making him a nervous wreck (my words, not his)  He then decided to ride with music and ignore the cars and relax.  His logic: If they're going to hit me, they will hit me, whether I look over my shoulder or not. No one hit him.

Of course, a Marty "hollywood" Backe-style rear view mirror would certainly help a lot.

13 hours ago, Smoother said:

Why? He uses his Pebble to keep track of his speed, and if it's not flaking out, he can program speed and power warning vibrations, and I don't think he spends much time in traffic (afaik).

We had a discussion a while back (about a year) about music and headphones (it was a pole I think, possibly by me), and @mono came out with a shocker that actually kinda made sense in an antilogic kinda way.

He said he used to ride his bike on the street and was always checking over his shoulder when he heard a car.  It was making him a nervous wreck (my words, not his)  He then decided to ride with music and ignore the cars and relax.  His logic: If they're going to hit me, they will hit me, whether I look over my shoulder or not. No one hit him.

Of course, a Marty "hollywood" Backe-style rear view mirror would certainly help a lot.

Yeah when I first started out I thought the mirror was over kill, 3 months in and I 110% understand the mirror and am planning on getting one too, I don't think I could do that monotonous journey to work everyday without headphones, my time on the road is literally 2 mins and I know every bump, dip, tree stump and crack in the cycle path by now

15 hours ago, Smoother said:

i dont think his pebble watch would save him from a car...

1 hour ago, Smoother said:

So then he dies. And you were right.  Feel better now?;)

i was typing here to prevent it. because im happy with him not dying...

if i was happy with him dying. then i wouldnt have typed ;)

On 3/23/2018 at 8:33 AM, Shad0z said:

i was typing here to prevent it. because im happy with him not dying...

if i was happy with him dying. then i wouldnt have typed ;)

I think he had you confused with another Russian:D

tenor.gif?itemid=10570702

2 hours ago, Cannings said:

I use my eyes for cars, as I don't spend any time at all really on the roads so the only cars I need to watch out for are when i'm crossing, thats where my eyes come in handy

For safety’s sake I would greatly advise using eyes to scan for both cars and the road/ trail ahead. Hitting a pothole or large bump in the road can ruin your day. 

17 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

For safety’s sake I would greatly advise using eyes to scan for both cars and the road/ trail ahead. Hitting a pothole or large bump in the road can ruin your day. 

And if I were going down a new road I would fully agree, but I know every rock, pebble, pot hole and dip in that pavement from travelling to work every day since jan on the wheel, plus I always slow down and almost stop on every road crossing, less so on the way to work at 6am but literally every crossing as it going across bypass inlets at rush hour on the way home.

5 hours ago, Cannings said:

And if I were going down a new road I would fully agree, but I know every rock, pebble, pot hole and dip in that pavement from travelling to work every day since jan on the wheel, plus I always slow down and almost stop on every road crossing, less so on the way to work at 6am but literally every crossing as it going across bypass inlets at rush hour on the way home.

Glad to hear it! :)

7 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

Or night, as the case may be :unsure:

• 2 weeks later...

I not agree that to give a tilt back need power. In my theory the wheel create a virtual vertical vector to be the reference when passive position, after you change this angle between vertical reference the wheel will accelerate or disaccelerate. For me the tilt back is only a  modification of this vector that don’t consume any power. And, maybe psychologicaly we stop to force forward. 

My first wheel is a Airwheel X8 then I run all the time at max speed against tilt, it’s an exercise. 

Than running with Monster, my second wheel, I turn-off all settings and set sport. I have never problems in high speeed, often touch 45 kph, only felt at low speed through obstacles. The last one I had a problem with control board and sent to Dion. But already bought other board from China. I hope my engine did not give a problem. Two motor cables stick by heat but did not short-circuit

Any body knows a way to see if the motor is ok? Maybe with a voltimeter? Amperimeter? 

In parallel I ordered a GW Tesla from GWAmerica. As I am in Brazil, it will take time to arrive.

who have two wheels, have one ever. 

B268DFA0-EAB0-4325-B219-57A14533CFCB.jpeg

833587C0-575C-4C6C-A349-9290B2603D73.jpeg

Archived