is there any way to change the color of led light ring?

is there any hacks or any mod i can do on the gotway tesla to make the led light ring spin but only red?

i think the rainbow lights is way too much bling and it takes away from the nice and grown up look of the tesla and just makes it look like some kind of kids toy

i assume there is no way to do it in the app but is there anything else??

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I agree that the multi-color lights actually take away from the cool factor. The teardown video that is here ( http://forum.electricunicycle.org/topic/8505-goway-tesla-teardown-video/ ) shows a connector at about the 3 minute mark that looks like the wires to the lights? You could remove the pins from the connector for the ones you don't want and wrap them with tape.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dmethvin said:

I agree that the multi-color lights actually take away from the cool factor. The teardown video that is here ( http://forum.electricunicycle.org/topic/8505-goway-tesla-teardown-video/ ) shows a connector at about the 3 minute mark that looks like the wires to the lights? You could remove the pins from the connector for the ones you don't want and wrap them with tape.

every of the leds are rgb so i dont know if it will work..

I just got mine too and I’d love to disable any sort of superfluous LEDs. Red braking lights and battery level is good but the rainbow spinning LEDs are aesthetic abuse that should not be inflicted on any owner, and does nothing for the EUC in culture! I’m not sure how these things work on the Bluetooth side but I’m planning on trying to connect to it ‘raw’ later and see if I can get a list of configuration settings from it, so will report back if I’m successful and see anything to do with controlling LEDs.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Roo Williams said:

I just got mine too and I’d love to disable any sort of superfluous LEDs. Red braking lights and battery level is good but the rainbow spinning LEDs are aesthetic abuse that should not be inflicted on any owner, and does nothing for the EUC in culture! I’m not sure how these things work on the Bluetooth side but I’m planning on trying to connect to it ‘raw’ later and see if I can get a list of configuration settings from it, so will report back if I’m successful and see anything to do with controlling LEDs.

on my tesla i can set it yoo baterry indicator and brake light. But i still want it to spin. So i think if it was ring light but only one color

29 minutes ago, Shad0z said:

on my tesla i can set it yoo baterry indicator and brake light. But i still want it to spin. So i think if it was ring light but only one color

I think @Marty Backe says that you can use the Kingsong app on the Tesla to get more light modes.:confused1:  But if you start at the beginning of @KingSong69's thread, he tells how to cycle through the light modes with the power button.

• Like 1

i wouldnt want to connect the kingsong app the the gotway since it asks you for firmware update.. and we all know how that will end. bricked. qall for some light..

nah not gonna do that

4 hours ago, steve454 said:

I think @Marty Backe says that you can use the Kingsong app on the Tesla to get more light modes.:confused1:  But if you start at the beginning of @KingSong69's thread, he tells how to cycle through the light modes with the power button.

:blink1: I did? No, the KingSong app cannot connect to Gotway or vice versa.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Roo Williams said:

I wasn't a fan originally, but it is a fun wheel at night, and now I rather like the Mten3 ring lights. I guess you can get used to anything :)

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

:blink1: I did? No, the KingSong app cannot connect to Gotway or vice versa.

it can but it asks for a firmware update

"current version V0.0.0    update firmware to V0.0.0"

we can pretty quickly figure out its not gonna end well :blink1:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Shad0z said:

it can but it asks for a firmware update

"current version V0.0.0    update firmware to V0.0.0"

we can pretty quickly figure out its not gonna end well :blink1:

It can? Very interesting. I guess it never occurred to me to try.

Gotway doesn't have the hardware to support updating the firmware so you don't have to worry about that.

Anyone who has both wheels knows that there are a lot of similarities. People who have been around EUCs longer than me probably know the back-story, but I think one or more former Gotway people left to form KingSong, and thus the similarity with how the wheel apps work. Or maybe they use the same vendor for some of their components?

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

It can? Very interesting. I guess it never occurred to me to try.

Gotway doesn't have the hardware to support updating the firmware so you don't have to worry about that.

i know they cant update i have heard that. but.. im not taking any risks with my wheel wort 4 months of hard work -_-

Edited by Shad0z

wow what a coincidense.. i have 360 upvotes. and today it was my first time doing a 360 degree turn on the spot (wheel not moving)

Edited by Shad0z
  • Like 1

• 2 years later...
On 3/4/2018 at 6:34 PM, Shad0z said:

wow what a coincidense.. i have 360 upvotes. and today it was my first time doing a 360 degree turn on the spot (wheel not moving)

I have made a few of those 360s as well, allways in conjunction with me sliding on all four on the tarmac 🤪 #roadrash #shagmarks 😁

Edited by Boogieman