how to enjoy riding slow speeds?

Shad0z

when i first got a euc i trained and then i got comfortable and used plenty of time to train turning skills and other important skills. to not faal off

then i started exploring the +30kph speeds. and got faster and faster

and then i ended up feeling the need to ride fast. but trying to just go slower instead and not speed everytime

and after my first fall i feel like slowing down. but generally i feel the urge to speed up

i dont speed up. but its not as enjoyable (its worth it compared to falling and smashing your wheel at 45kph)

but does anyone know any tips or anything to think or do when riding to ride slower without compromising on fun?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Master Blaster said:

To enjoy going slow challenge yourself with more maneuvers like tight turns, 360s, ride backwards, try idling back and forth, ride with one leg on both sides of the wheel, there are tons of slow speed things to keep you challenged and entertained 

i will, im trying to find out the backwards riding. but my body doesnt seem like cooperating, but i will just keep trying until i can 

i usually (at lower speeds) rock from side to side and make some very sharp turns

but you said "tons of things to keep me entairtained" so far i have seen turning, 360 backwards, and one leg..

You're making me think that a smaller, 14" wheel might be more enjoyable for those slow speeds. As a 14" wheel owner I lust for a bigger, more powerful wheel like your Tesla, but I suppose I should enjoy the possibly superior slow speed enjoyment factor.

I'm really reaching, if you can't tell :rolleyes:.

They say the 10" MTen3 is also wonderfully fun for dinking around at slow speeds. 

You could also try more challenging trail riding when the ground thaws, or even more snow riding right now.

1 minute ago, Scouts Honor said:

They say the 10" MTen3 is also wonderfully fun for dinking around at slow speeds.

Absolutely.  It is a fun fun wheel.  In could weather I'll sometime dink around on it inside garage (1/2 of 2-car garage).

4 hours ago, Scouts Honor said:

You're making me think that a smaller, 14" wheel might be more enjoyable for those slow speeds. As a 14" wheel owner I lust for a bigger, more powerful wheel like your Tesla, but I suppose I should enjoy the possibly superior slow speed enjoyment factor.

I'm really reaching, if you can't tell :rolleyes:.

You could also try more challenging trail riding when the ground thaws, or even more snow riding right now.

i also tried a ks14 in a group ride and for me it didnt feel like more enjoyment.. its just as soon you pick up speed its maxed out

i mean the less stable it is the more you can feel the speed but just rocking gently from side to side with my tesla makes it feel the same way kind of 

5 hours ago, duaner said:

Search for - hirsute electric unicycle - on youtube.  Learning those skills should challenge you for a while.

thanks.. ohh no its this guy who slaps himself everytime he starts a video :P 

he has some good tricks i will definetly be challenged down to my knees :D 

1 hour ago, Shad0z said:

i also tried a ks14 in a group ride and for me it didnt feel like more enjoyment.. its just as soon you pick up speed its maxed out

i mean the less stable it is the more you can feel the speed but just rocking gently from side to side with my tesla makes it feel the same way kind of 

Yeah, I bet. I wish I had your rich people problems.

'How can I enjoy driving slow in my Lamborghini?'  :unsure:

1 hour ago, Scouts Honor said:

Yeah, I bet. I wish I had your rich people problems.

'How can I enjoy driving slow in my Lamborghini?'  :unsure:

it took my about 3 months of selling all i own and dont need and intense work almost everyday to get the money to buy a tesla. im nowhere near rich

6 hours ago, Shad0z said:

i almost got it but im still a little unstable while doing it

practise and it will come...

That was my suggestion for having fun while riding slow. Did you understand that? Sometimes I don't really get where you're coming from, man.

24 minutes ago, kasenutty said:

That was my suggestion for having fun while riding slow. Did you understand that? Sometimes I don't really get where you're coming from, man.

?_?

i dont understand?

55 minutes ago, kasenutty said:

I don't understand you either. 

google transelate doesnt work always...

1 hour ago, kasenutty said:

id you understand that? Sometimes I don't really get where you're coming from, man

what is that supposed to mean???

i give up :P

Это раннее утро, солнце выходит Прошлая ночь дрожала и довольно громко Моя кошка мурлычет, она царапает мою кожу Так что же случилось с другим грехом? Сука голодна, ей нужно сказать Так дайте ей дюймы и кормите ее хорошо Еще несколько дней, новые места Я должен уйти, пришло время для шоу

:D

3 minutes ago, kasenutty said:

Это раннее утро, солнце выходит Прошлая ночь дрожала и довольно громко Моя кошка мурлычет, она царапает мою кожу Так что же случилось с другим грехом? Сука голодна, ей нужно сказать Так дайте ей дюймы и кормите ее хорошо Еще несколько дней, новые места Я должен уйти, пришло время для шоу

:D

this just reached a whole new level of confusion :confused1: :D

53 minutes ago, kasenutty said:

119000744.jpg

You dont like Scorpions?  :D

i have no idea who they are. just a few young guys who forgot to fix their hair when getting out of bed :D 

and decided to look like that a whole day "coming home"

56 minutes ago, kasenutty said:

Bro, they'll rock you like a hurricane, I'd watch out. 

probably.. i will just roll out of the situation as i always do.. :D 

euc fall? roll to safety.

fall down from roof? roll away from the situation

hurricane? roll away

comet into planet? roll away ;) 

its my magical abiliy

On 2/14/2018 at 3:01 PM, Shad0z said:

but does anyone know any tips or anything to think or do when riding to ride slower without compromising on fun?

I bring a good book or do some crochet to maintain the fun level while riding slow.  There's nothing more fun or rewarding than to complete a new cat scarf while riding.

cats_19.jpg?w=500

Honestly though, while riding fast is a adrenaline rush, minimizing the risk of injury is more important to me.  So I just try to tune in and enjoy my surroundings more.  Carving on the EUC can help wake up the brain a bit if it becomes too monotonous.  I travel about the same speed as I go when I'm riding my bike (18-20mph) and I'm perfectly fine with that. 

6 minutes ago, Cranium said:

I bring a good book or do some crochet to maintain the fun level while riding slow.  There's nothing more fun or rewarding than to complete a new cat scarf while riding.

cats_19.jpg?w=500

Honestly though, while riding fast is a adrenaline rush, minimizing the risk of injury is more important to me.  So I just try to tune in and enjoy my surroundings more.  Carving on the EUC can help wake up the brain a bit if it becomes too monotonous.  I travel about the same speed as I go when I'm riding my bike (18-20mph) and I'm perfectly fine with that. 

i do like the rush at high speed but after time i feel weirdly enough that i enjoy riding slowly too

but the tesla is simply too easy to go fast on imagine being in a ferari and having a very big road.. almost impossible not to go fast..

thats my problem but i just routine remind myself that a little bump and i can go flying at high speed.

Archived