how to enjoy riding slow speeds?

Shad0z

8 hours ago, Scott Henley said:

I might just take up juggling when my wee little mten3 gets here Thursday. Lookin good @Marty Backe...lookin good .?

Juggling while riding certainly adds another challenge. I'm working on my juggling while riding backwards, and then I need to pull out my clubs.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Scott Henley said:

I couldn’t agree more . Back when I first started exploring the world of pmd’s I bought a Segway minipro. Having never ridden any such device I figure “hmm...10mph top speed sounds pretty fast “ buy was I wrong . After about a week I was completely fed up with it . Faster than you can walk but slower than an old lady on a bicycle . It just felt so wrong . But I’m a bit of an adrenaline/speed

i did exact same thing i tried a mini pro they rent them at a park here in city i learned to drive it

and i was hooked but then i bought one 

and i though it's nice and fast. But then an old lady on a bike passes in front of you and you get fed up and you realise how slow the mini pro actually is. I had it for 3 months..

and i was on this forum and i heard about some electric unicycles that could go 30+kph wow 

then i looked up some videos and i stuck on one of them by tishawn fahie

and i saw the gw tesla i thought man. Ill add that to my list of choices.. Then endless forum posts and questions later. I decided to get a tesla. And now i just needed to get from 200 dollars to 1400 somehow..

but i sold some stuff and i finally got money for it around new year

i ordered it. And got it

i couldn't be more happy

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

Juggling while riding certainly adds another challenge. I'm working on my juggling while riding backwards, and then I need to pull out my clubs.

If that ends up in a video from Seal Beach, I can tell you now it won't go down well... even if you are riding your EUC backward!

3 minutes ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

If that ends up in a video from Seal Beach, I can tell you now it won't go down well... even if you are riding your EUC backward!

:laughbounce2:

2 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

And then it's flaming torches --- when does the madness end?  :-)
At least in the EUC world, there doesn't appear to be the equivalent of a giraffe unicycle (so far?).

The thing about stability while juggling on an EUC is that you have to get both bits fairly stable --- a stable juggler who isn't solid on the EUC, or vice versa and it's a no-go.  So I find it to be a fun thing to work on briefly as a break every day.

it just requires too much focus and concentration to be sure you don't end up as a mess on the ground.

I don't really sense that.  I worry more about a control board failure, but certainly the Rehab type of accident can happen too.

I think I have a pretty good grasp of all the failure modes that could cause a faceplant.  I think the smart thing to do is to assume the wheel could fail at any time.

I guess if the danger of getting hurt seriously is what makes it fun, then by all means go fast.  It's just the opposite for me.  If I"m  riding at a speed where I can't visualize running off the wheel with only minor injuries, I'm having less fun.   

18 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

psst. (whispering) Don't mention clubs.  @LanghamP will start with the baby seals:ph34r:

4 minutes ago, steve454 said:

I would quit riding.  Ninebot's are weird, swipe left and the pedals stay level.  Swipe right and the pedals are un good.  Why does the Japanese read right to left?  

i don’t literally mean that particular brand but a wheel restricted to 9bots limitations.

9 hours ago, steve454 said:

I would quit riding.  Ninebot's are weird, swipe left and the pedals stay level.  Swipe right and the pedals are un good.  Why does the Japanese read right to left?  

Eh, 'scuse me.  Isn't that a picture of a Ninebot as your picture?  Did you get something new?

Archived