EUC maintenance period

Geoffroy

Hi,

Any rough idea of when we should consider doing a maintenance? Every xx km? or when the tire has to be changed? or after a certain amount of time? Due to the incure injuries in case of possible device failure, I would prefer anticipating? . . . I am still recovering from my last fall :-) I did 750 km in 3 months

What maintenance?  There's exactly one moving part. I guess you could clean it outside and in the wheel cavity, check there is nothing wrapped around the axle, change the spark plugs.

(just threw that last one in to see if you were paying attention).

It's mostly an inspection and cleaning.  Battery health monitoring is a bigger concern, but I'm not qualified to advise on that.  what I know about batteries could be written on the back of a postage stamp with a blunt crayon.

Anyway, you've got a modern King Song, so you're sorted.;)

What I want to know, are the details of your fall.

Thank you, 

@Smoother, .... you won't believe me, I checked the translation of "spark plug" asking myself "okey, why not, I didn't realize there was one..' ;-) This was before my morning coffee.

Regarding my accident, this was my own fault, a rookie getting too much confident. Too relax, too fast, accelerating, carving like I was skying ...then I lost the control on a bump, one of my feet left the pedal, I avoided the wall then the iron poles on the pavement and finally felt miserably.

By the way I was lucky, I didn't bump my head, carrying no helmet. My unenforced gloves prevented the bruises but not the wrist sprain. It is not broken but still hurting, as well as my back and neck after 2 weeks. Beyond the 50's it takes more time to recover if you ever recover ;-)

The next day, I reran the way to estimate the accident speed. This was about 15-17 km/h.... not as fast as it seemed to me. From that time, I have cooled down my ride, maintaining the max speed limit to 30 km/h (I have not test yet the 35 km/h of the KS-16S).  The proof is that and don't hear anymore the 29 km/ alarm ;-) I imagine a real 30 km/h crash in an urban environment could be very serious. 

Up to now, my EUC ride in Paris is often far more stressful and dangerous compare to my motorbike ride (30 years experiences in daily ride in Paris).

@Steve, thank you, so that let me approximately 2 years ;-) great! 

10 hours ago, steve454 said:

Some people changed the tire at about 4,000 miles.  The pedals can possibly crack after long use.  Keep the batteries charged if not using the wheel for a long period of time.

Slight correction as lithium batteries don't like to be at full charge for long periods and will lose their capacity much more quickly if kept this way.

Best kept between 40% and 80% charge and only fully topped up just before a ride.

12 hours ago, Geoffroy said:

I checked the translation of "spark plug" asking myself "okey, why not, I didn't realize there was one..' ;-)

:roflmao: .  Sorry, that was too funny.

Sorry to hear about your fall and injuries.  I'll make you a special certificate to commemorate your sacrifice to the Gods of speed, and idiocy (riding a one-wheeled vehicle).

You'll get a notification of your award once I make it.

2 hours ago, Shad0z said:

does anyone in here know how to remove the led ring on the tesla? i need to get to the screws under the led ring to get the wheel open to remove wheel

You are reffering to my comment i guess?

Hey, i dont know IF the screws are under the LED ring....or under the glossy Outer "Handle" ring. Whatever:

They are all just "clipped" onto the Shell. So you should work with a flat screwdriver and try to leverage the plasticparts carefully.

1 hour ago, KingSong69 said:

You are reffering to my comment i guess?

Hey, i dont know IF the screws are under the LED ring....or under the glossy Outer "Handle" ring. Whatever:

They are all just "clipped" onto the Shell. So you should work with a flat screwdriver and try to leverage the plasticparts carefully.

EDIT:

i got all the screws out and i have removed one side

now the only thing holding the wheel is the axle nut and axle (wich i WONT touch)

but i think the wheel is servicable!

and now i need some nice offroad tubeless tires

to put on :D

i think my best bet is finding some good size bmx tires

or if that fails just buy replacement tires..

wp_ss_20180126_0002 (2).png

1 hour ago, Shad0z said:

so does anyone have links to replacement tubes with fast shipping?

i have a flat and no replacement yet...

Can you use a patch kit? They usually work pretty well on punctures unless the leak is right next to the valve stem. Does the Tesla need a bent valve stem? If not, you may be able to use a 16-inch tube from a child's bicycle and you can usually find those locally.

42 minutes ago, dmethvin said:

Can you use a patch kit? They usually work pretty well on punctures unless the leak is right next to the valve stem. Does the Tesla need a bent valve stem? If not, you may be able to use a 16-inch tube from a child's bicycle and you can usually find those locally.

well doesnt look too good then.. it needs a bent air valve and the sound is coming from the valve...

Oh right, now I remember! The interior of the valve (the "valve core" or "valve stem core") unscrews. You can replace it with a valve from any car tire. A car tire repair shop will have the tool to remove the valve, but you may be able to use a pair of needle-nose pliers or small screwdriver to remove it too. It may turn out that your current valve core is just loose and needs to be screwed in.

22 minutes ago, dmethvin said:

Oh right, now I remember! The interior of the valve (the "valve core" or "valve stem core") unscrews. You can replace it with a valve from any car tire. A car tire repair shop will have the tool to remove the valve, but you may be able to use a pair of needle-nose pliers or small screwdriver to remove it too. It may turn out that your current valve core is just loose and needs to be screwed in.

in the video the tire is tubeless you have to buy a nrew tube you can unscrew a valve from a tube it is stuck to the tube you ccan only rip it off then there will be a hole...

Archived