Wobble when i bend my knees

Morgan V8

Wobble = your legs are attempting to keep the balance with rapid, fine, subtle movements, but fail to do so, and so make the oscillations stronger (wobbling) instead of better (dampening any imbalances).

Answer: more practice:efee47c9c8:

3 months are nothing. Took me 700km to be really comfortable with stepping on the wheel and getting proper foot positioning immediately. Never practiced it or so, just went for rides - the point is, just because you can ride, you're not nearly done, it takes time (especially if you don't specifically train certain things) to get better.

Ride more, practive more, and enjoy! You'll learn:efee47c9c8:

22 hours ago, Morgan V8 said:

as soon as i try to lift the foot. I get the wobbles

I can't imagine wobbling with one-foot riding. Maybe the key here is "try to lift" (i.e. wobbling starts before you totally one legged)? I'd recommend riding one leg from the very start instead of trying to lift one leg when you are already moving. See if this helps.

1 hour ago, Mono said:

Why not? 

see above @meepmeepmayer's explanation about the wobbling - it is when you are trying to correct the wheel's lean to the right with applying more weight to the left leg and vice versa - but fail to do it in perfect sync and rather make things worse. Such rapid corrections are impossible with one leg riding. Actually, one of the recommended remedies for the wobbling  is to "simulate" one-leg ride by applying most of the weight to one leg.

15 hours ago, trya said:

see above @meepmeepmayer's explanation about the wobbling - it is when you are trying to correct the wheel's lean to the right with applying more weight to the left leg and vice versa - but fail to do it in perfect sync and rather make things worse. 

Yep, exactly (at least that's my theory). Though I'm speaking of the unconscious automatic side-to-side balancing your brain does. If your leg muscles are tired, or you bend your knees, or maybe high speeds, or any other extra-taxing stance, you can get wobbles if your brain isn't yet used to balancing automatically well enough

Our knees have natural positions were stand still is effortless, close to the full extension or flexion of those articulations. When you change to otters positions you are forcing your muscles to support your body weight instead the bones. The muscles are flexible if you don't tight it enough, have strength for a crouched balance normally needs specifically training and technique.

Is easiest when you barely sit, there is where the muscle let his top length support the body weight with few effort, but difficulty the blood irrigation so legs get numb in short time.

Archived