How to sell my kingsong 18A

253848493@qq.com

22 minutes ago, 253848493@qq.com said:

Somebody in Canada intended to buy my Kingsong 18A  and I have to send the unicycle to him. How to guarantee the security of the transaction? I send me money first or I send him the unicycle first?

The way I was taught to do business is that you get $ in hand first, then you ship the unit.

As far as the seller being made to feel comfortable and safe, that is on them to view your reputation if you have one.

IMHO you never put the buyers fears first, you put getting the $ first.

Otherwise you may very well find yourself back in a bad 1970's Southside of Chicago street Stereo deal gone wrong, "I'll be right back with your stereo, it's in the alley, wait here". :roflmao:

I've been scammed a few times out of small amounts of money, I think once out of $300 camera that I shipped out, and so I don't even bother to make it easy for the buyer. I've noticed recently that even if you're a buyer you have to be careful about about getting jumped if meeting face to face. It used to be that it was mostly greedy people who would get scammed but now it seems to be entirely people who sort of but don't quite know how PayPal and other hold payments work. With Craigslist I don't even bother to read to the end if there's the word shipping.

My method is to price things low and let the buyer deal with acquisition costs. Not for everyone. 

6 hours ago, 253848493@qq.com said:

Somebody in Canada intended to buy my Kingsong 18A  and I have to send the unicycle to him. How to guarantee the security of the transaction? He sends me money first or I send him the unicycle first?

You could let Ebay sell it for you, but you only get 25-80 percent of the selling price.  Less headache, but less money.

https://sellforme.ebay.com/dropOff.  I have never used an EBay dropoff store, so it might be a bad idea.  There used to be one near me about 10 years ago, but they went out of business.

• 7 months later...
On 11/25/2017 at 11:39 AM, 253848493@qq.com said:

Somebody in Canada intended to buy my Kingsong 18A  and I have to send the unicycle to him. How to guarantee the security of the transaction? He sends me money first or I send him the unicycle first?

Is this a joke?

Please send me all your precious and valuable possessions. I'll pay you 3 times what anyone else will... later.

In fact, go get all your relatives stuff, send it to me and I'll pay them later too!

Do you have any neighbors???

Don't have an extra wife layin around by any chance? :)

13 minutes ago, The Wizard said:

Is this a joke?

Please send me all your precious and valuable possessions. I'll pay you 3 times what anyone else will... later.

In fact, go get all your relatives stuff, send it to me and I'll pay them later too!

Do you have any neighbors???

Don't have an extra wife layin around by any chance? :)

Why on earth do you keep posting on threads over 6 months old. :confused1:

And FYI this user was an academic from China who studied in Boston for 6 months and flew his 18A over from China to use while in the US but while here purchased a new wheel from eWheels and didn't want to ship this one back when he left. Your reply is pretty rude given you know nothing of the background.

5 minutes ago, WARPed1701D said:

Why on earth do you keep posting on threads over 6 months old. :confused1:

And FYI this user was an academic from China who studied in Boston for 6 months and flew his 18A over from China to use while in the US but while here purchased a new wheel from eWheels and didn't want to ship this one back when he left. Your reply is pretty rude given you know nothing of the background.

Wow. Thank you for the heads up.

Er, um, wait... weren't  YOU just reading a 6th month old post?

Perhaps hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of OTHER people read these  forums for their enjoyment and education.

I here by declare that YOU are no longer allowed to read any post older than 24hrs.

4 minutes ago, The Wizard said:

Perhaps hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of OTHER people read these  forums for their enjoyment and education.

I here by declare that YOU are no longer allowed to read any post older than 24hrs.

It's called bumping an old post. When a post is dead, it is dead. That is, unless you want to ask a similar question and bump it rather than starting a new topic.

Bumping an old thread without a purpose or to respond to someone who is no longer monitoring the thread, will not make anyone happy.

Peace, just trying to help.

2 hours ago, The Wizard said:

No, he read it 6 months ago.  :lol:

• Keith locked this topic

Archived