Tiltback

dmpatanis

15 minutes ago, dmpatanis said:

Because i sm new i am looking to buy Gotway mcm3 but says not have tiltback function is that a problem?

It is not adjustable on the MCm3....

but you get a “last warning beep” when a certain speed is reached! hou have to listen to that!

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, dmpatanis said:

Tiltback is a when we reached the maximum speed with unicycle?? 

I think the beeps start first,  then tiltback at the maximum speed.   If there is no tiltback,  listen for the beeps.  Here is a short video, sorry it is in vertical frame mode.

Edited by steve454
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, dmpatanis said:

Not exactly, it warns when a certain speed or certain state of battery has been reached and on many wheels is configurable so you can be more conservative on how fast you go. However, as @KingSong69 has said, on the Gotway wheels it is set relatively slow so to go faster you have to turn it off and rely on beeps only. Many consider this potentially dangerous- I.e. you need to fully understand what you are doing and why if you choose to turn tiltback off.

Edited by Keith
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

On 10/19/2017 at 12:40 PM, dmpatanis said:

Tilt back is the last safety you have. It engages when you reach max speed, when climbing with a depleted battery, when going downhill on a fully charged battery, when trying to get too many miles out of a dying battery etc. 

Do yourself a favor and buy KingSong, not Gotway to save your bones and your money. (Sorry Gotway fan boys)

• 2 years later...

I have a grand total of an hour and half of EUC experience (IM V10). I’ve somehow managed to feel comfortable enough to abandon the railing I was using to learn how to make this ego crusher move and have even hit the tilt-back speed (16MPH is the initial setting it seems). I know the wheel CAN go faster and I know that if I increase the 16MPH limit on the app it won’t tilt back as I approach that speed. But, I also seem to be getting a tilt back of the wheel that persists beyond the speed limited setting. I know when I hit the limit (and get the “beep beep” sound that grabs everyone’s attention) and I can feel the wheel tilt rearward. However, I’ve noticed that occasionally the wheel will stay tilted back as though I’m dragging my heels (I’m not, I’m also not going near the speed limit, the battery is fully charged or charged well beyond the limit that will artificially slow me down). So... I’m wondering why the wheel tilts back like this. There doesn’t seem to be a reason so I must be doing something dumb or missing something with my riding style, which, of course is pretty non existent given my tenure on a wheel. Sorry for the dumb question... this sport (yes! Sport!!!) is amazing (so far!). Thanks in advance for any feedback!!!! Stay safe!  - Bradley 

That tiltback shouldn't be there. Not an error you could be making (how would you even do that?)

Try recalibrating the wheel, and if the mysterious tiltback persists, try to find out more when that appears.

Maybe it's also a feature/bug of one of the ride modes? Try the different ride modes.

I’ll try to pay more attention to my foot position. The weird thing is I think I’m too unsteady yet to move forward or rearward on the pedals yet while moving (as opposed to tipping forward / aft to speed up or slow / stop - which is coming pretty naturally, so far). What I mean is, at one moment I seem to be going pretty good and then it feels like my wheel wants to drop me off the back. I can hang and sometimes the sensation goes away, as if I’ve pushed through quicksand other times it becomes almost overwhelming and makes me feel like the wheel is defective (it’s brand new and I’m the only one who has beaten it up to date ... but I’m still impressed with myself! :)   - 2 hours and counting!!!! )

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

That tiltback shouldn't be there. Not an error you could be making (how would you even do that?)

Try recalibrating the wheel, and if the mysterious tiltback persists, try to find out more when that appears.

Maybe it's also a feature/bug of one of the ride modes? Try the different ride modes.

Thank you @meepmeepmayer! I’ll try all of that - assuming I can figure out how to calibrate the wheel (is that something that generally needs to be or should need to be done on a brand new wheel?). It’s set to “comfort mode”. The other option is “classic mode”. I have no idea what the differences are?!? Nor do I understand how foot pedal sensitivity (which is another setting I noted in the app) affects the ride  - guessing it adjusts how much “push” one has to apply to make the wheel react in acceleration or deceleration?

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, MR BRAD said:

Thank you @meepmeepmayer! I’ll try all of that - assuming I can figure out how to calibrate the wheel (is that something that generally needs to be or should need to be done on a brand new wheel?).

No need to do it unless there is some pedal-levelness thing going on, just like in your case. It's somewhere in the app. I think it has instructions on how to do it (lean the wheel onto its shell and then calibrate).

It’s set to “comfort mode”. The other option is “classic mode”. I have no idea what the differences are?!?

Comfort is a bit more sophisticated, classic is the old, simpler algorithm (I think). Can't hurt to see if your mysterious tiltback appears in both.

Nor do I understand how foot pedal sensitivity (which is another setting I noted in the app) affects the ride  - guessing it adjusts how much “push” one has to apply to make the wheel react in acceleration or deceleration?

That's how soft or hard the pedals react to your input. Either instantly and they stay rock-hard and level, or they are softer and have a bit more swing to them and everything is more relaxed. A matter of what you prefer.

-

As always, your seller can also help if your wheel has a (potential) problem):)

Edited by meepmeepmayer
  • Like 1