18L Group Buy?

mezzanine

On 8/24/2020 at 12:58 PM, scubadragosan said:

I wasn't too happy with KS18L 1000wh battery, mainly not enough range. So I have upgrade mine to 1500wh. Now I am happy as a goose getting 80 miles on a charge, a 160 lb guy. Upgrade was simply DIY. Highly recommended, call Jason, ewheels for upgrade kit!

I ride the shit out of my 18L near every day. Sometimes its just to the mailbox and back. There are a few times that I would really like more range, but thats why they make different wheel options. My 18L is like a 4 cylinder honda civic. It runs everytime, it gets me from a to b, and its comfortable while doing it. I havent updated it in a while and have ZERO plans to bother.  The form factor is just right and the trolley makes it a dream. 

Last I checked, the battery upgrade was almost $1000. With people selling their wheels to roll the dice and buy suspension wheels (BIG MISTAKE!!), its hard to justify an $800-1k battery pack only. When you upgraded your battery pack, did you get to leave the firmware alone? I also entertained upgrading the motor, but nixxed that idea. All in all, my 18L works perfectly and I'm not risking even a FW update on it. If the new battery packs are a drop in replacement and the factory board only uses voltage of the pack and wouldnt realize they had been changed, I'd be very apt to go that route, IF my 18L outlived the current pack.

I wonder if locksong is liquidating the 18l and 18XL at stupid lower prices, now that they have a new model out? If the price was around the $600 mark to my door, I'd be considering it. Fwiw, buying from places that sell uber cheaply and claim to have paid all the taxes/duties/fees, are more than likely lying to you. Such an old post topic, but i bet the current climate at locksong, is going to make ANY kind of group buy, a dice roll. Hell, doesnt E-wheels group buy for us?

55 minutes ago, ShanesPlanet said:

My 18L is like a 4 cylinder honda civic. It runs everytime, it gets me from a to b, and its comfortable while doing it. I havent updated it in a while and have ZERO plans to bother.  The form factor is just right and the trolley makes it a dream. 

Good 'ol proverb say - if it ain't broke, don't fix it. 18L is a great wheel with the same battery capacity as the newest S18.

57 minutes ago, ShanesPlanet said:

I wonder if locksong is liquidating the 18l and 18XL at stupid lower prices, now that they have a new model out?

I don't think that KS will drop L/XL prices significantly. These EUCs are comfortable, weatherproof and reliable wheels. And XL is superior to S18 in terms of available range.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Seba said:

Good 'ol proverb say - if it ain't broke, don't fix it. 18L is a great wheel with the same battery capacity as the newest S18.

I don't think that KS will drop L/XL prices significantly. These EUCs are comfortable, weatherproof and reliable wheels. And XL is superior to S18 in terms of available range.

Messaging with Jason about misc things quite a few months ago now, I believe he made it sound like King Song was making it sound like the '18L' was on its way out/basically the S18 would replace the 18L (similar specs for a similar price), while the 18XL would remain.

Edited by AtlasP
  • Like 3

On 8/22/2020 at 10:32 AM, Marty Backe said:

I'm happy for you. Everyone is different. Based on the range that you are getting you must not weigh much which really opens up lots of EUC options.

I'm 6'2 and 210 lbs, but I don't ride faster than running speed and stay on flat ground around town.

On 8/27/2020 at 7:15 PM, AtlasP said:

Messaging with Jason about misc things quite a few months ago now, I believe he made it sound like King Song was making it sound like the '18L' was on its way out/basically the S18 would replace the 18L (similar specs for a similar price), while the 18XL would remain.

Of COURSE they are. No reason to keep my favorite wheel in stock. No way in hell the s18 replaces the 18L or 18XL. I may have to bite the bullet and snag an XL before its too late. I had a pair of 18L's for a moment, but i just cant wrap my head around having duplicates, when the one seems to just keep going.  I'm just not so sure I'd prefer the 2.2kw motor over the solid 2kw. Who knows what else they fukd up when they 'improved' the design. I'd enjoy more range, but its such a shit dice roll when buying ANY wheel... Im not so keen on sending locksong anymore money, so perhaps I'll just wait to see who replaces my 18L when it finally dies.

Edited by ShanesPlanet

10 hours ago, Timrambo said:

I'm 6'2 and 210 lbs, but I don't ride faster than running speed and stay on flat ground around town.

Well, that clarifies things a bit. Running speed is damn slow :laughbounce2: