Jump to content

A new surprise inside a Ninebot One C+ battery


smallexis
 Share

Recommended Posts

Today I have opened a 220Wh original NINEBOT battery (from a 9B1 C+) in order to make a repair (change the BMS and replace 2 damaged cells).

And the surprise was to see the brand of the cells which is DLG.

image.png

I beleived models C & C+ had SAMSUNG cells and E & E+ models had LG cells. But 2 years ago I have seen on my 9B1 E (240Wh) that its battery was made with SAMSUNG cells (rather than LG brand). And now I've seen DLG brand rather than SAMSUNG inside a C+ model.
Can we trust about battery's informations?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, smallexis said:

Today I have opened a 220Wh original NINEBOT battery (from a 9B1 C+) in order to make a repair (change the BMS and replace 2 damaged cells).

And the surprise was to see the brand of the cells which is DLG.

image.png

I beleived models C & C+ had SAMSUNG cells and E & E+ models had LG cells. But 2 years ago I have seen on my 9B1 E (240Wh) that its battery was made with SAMSUNG cells (rather than LG brand). And now I've seen DLG brand rather than SAMSUNG inside a C+ model.
Can we trust about battery's informations?

Nowadays we can....at least on the big brands name.

GW, KS, IM, IPS etc etc...

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/8/2017 at 4:08 PM, smallexis said:

Today I have opened a 220Wh original NINEBOT battery (from a 9B1 C+) in order to make a repair (change the BMS and replace 2 damaged cells).

And the surprise was to see the brand of the cells which is DLG.

image.png

I beleived models C & C+ had SAMSUNG cells and E & E+ models had LG cells. But 2 years ago I have seen on my 9B1 E (240Wh) that its battery was made with SAMSUNG cells (rather than LG brand). And now I've seen DLG brand rather than SAMSUNG inside a C+ model.
Can we trust about battery's informations?

Looks like a good company makes them.  http://www.dlgbattery.cn/en/  Made in china, probably under license from LG.  That battery pack looks well made.  But you said some cells were bad, so who knows?

Edited by steve454
  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, steve454 said:

But you said some cells were bad, so who knows?

2 cells were damaged due to a BMS default. I have already got the same problem with GW battery with Panasonic cells. So the cell's quality is not the reason. 

I would juste show that Ninebot use different brands for its battery and not only Samsung or LG.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...
On 9/11/2017 at 7:30 PM, smallexis said:

2 cells were damaged due to a BMS default. I have already got the same problem with GW battery with Panasonic cells. So the cell's quality is not the reason. 

I would juste show that Ninebot use different brands for its battery and not only Samsung or LG.

How did you know the cell was bad. Did you measure the pack?

I have an issue with a hot spot on my gw tesla. One point of the battery pack on one side heats up.

Also measured the charger and it only outputs 82.5V when measuring at idle aka wheel not connected (and green led on when measuring, so its in the "charge done" mode, does it lower the voltage then or only amps?).

Worried about battery going poof, but maybe its the bms?

I wrote about it here more on detail. Seems like you have had some experience with batteries :-)

https://forum.electricunicycle.org/topic/12650-battery-degradation/?do=findComment&comment=255388

Edited by Boogieman
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...