Anyone have pictures of their light mods for the mini/mini-pro?

here is my ugly, but very functional mod. The headlight does put the slightest imbalance that causes the mini to roll forward sometimes i will counter weight it shortly. Uses an extra light i had sitting around, a Klarus G20 with Keeppower 26650 6500mAh battery. It has quite a wide beam which really help to see all road and and imperfections such as dips even in the darkest conditions. I rarely use it on high though. It is also a handy 3rd hand when i need a light digging into my pack or something. The attachment is quite ugly and if the mini tips forward the light bezel is the first thing that makes contact with the ground. It's SS so not much of an issue, but i may put a rubber protector on it. Only used it for a couple of weeks, and only a couple days as a permanent mount shown here. 

The tail tight is just a cheap big tail light mounted with typical bicycle rubber strap mount. I leave it in a flashing mode. Another cheap Cyrolite Hotshot Micro tail lamp is on my helmet now. 

IMG_344.jpg

IMG_345.jpg

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, FreeRide said:

The tail tight is just a cheap big tail light mounted with typical bicycle rubber strap mount. I leave it in a flashing mode. Another cheap Cyrolite Hotshot Micro tail lamp is on my helmet now. 

IMG_345.jpg

That's a beautiful path and I understand the desire to ride at night without any overhead path lighting.

I bought a visor cap light that will serve me to see and be seen, without attaching to the MiniPro.

I could imagine attaching a flashlight to each wrist also.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Rocky Romero said:

That's a beautiful path and I understand the desire to ride at night without any overhead path lighting.

I bought a visor cap light that will serve me to see and be seen, without attaching to the MiniPro.

I could imagine attaching a flashlight to each wrist also.

I will probably mount a headlamp on my helmet also, getting a rubber band with that the fabric headband will stay put.  I have a number of nice headlamps (I use Zebra) that I could use and they are extremely handy for working in the dark and hiking so they will work well I think and having it on the helmet means it works on the EUC too, but I'm not good enough to ride that at night yet.

On 8/14/2017 at 5:02 PM, FreeRide said:

I will probably mount a headlamp on my helmet also, getting a rubber band with that the fabric headband will stay put.  I have a number of nice headlamps (I use Zebra) that I could use and they are extremely handy for working in the dark and hiking so they will work well I think and having it on the helmet means it works on the EUC too, but I'm not good enough to ride that at night yet.

I used a headlamp to attach to the knob on the knee extension.

Works very nicely.

IMG_7737.JPG

IMG_7738.JPG

• Upvote 2

On 8/14/2017 at 5:02 PM, FreeRide said:

I'm considering putting lights inside the helmet to be seen by others.

Additionally, putting lights on the inside of the fenders is a possibility for others to see the MiniPro, especially when crossing a road.

To see and be seen at night without excessive components.

Edited by Rocky Romero

5 hours ago, Rocky Romero said:

I'm considering putting lights inside the helmet to be seen by others.

Additionally, putting lights on the inside of the fenders is a possibility for others to see the MiniPro, especially when crossing a road.

To see and be seen at night without excessive components.  

Good idea.  Having some side visibility I think is important.  I'm going to check a new tail light with a reported 270deg visibility.   My helmet has no vents for mounting like many road bike helmets.  Luckily I live in a more rural area, yesterday was the first time I had to go through a traffic light in over 600km accumulated travel.  What that means is there are a lot of hidden entrance and exit ways, and with the low number of street lights total visibility is important if going out when conditions are not ideal.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/13/2017 at 9:05 PM, FreeRide said:

Received my front and back magnetic lights by Alltrolite.

I had to glue a metal piece on the MiniPro for each light to attach.

They change by attaching/reattaching and can put them on the other MiniPros, as needed.

IMG_7750.JPG

IMG_7751.JPG

Edited by Rocky Romero
  • Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/21/2017 at 12:11 PM, FreeRide said:

Good idea.  Having some side visibility I think is important.  I'm going to check a new tail light with a reported 270deg visibility.   My helmet has no vents for mounting like many road bike helmets.  

Technically a headlight, my wife and I both have silver, reflective, mirrored helmets.

There is no need to remember to turn or switch anything on.  In darkness, they reflect any light and in daylight, the sun reflects also.  My wife has been able to see my helmet reflection clearly at a long distance.

IMG_8007.JPG

That's a practical solution. I like my black helmet though. I did get a micro Hotshot  mounted on it and that works pretty well in combination with my lower tail light as well. Not having to worry about if the batteries are charged though is a good thing. My tail light yesterday died when i didn't need it to. Still the dual lights provided the planned backup, and i had a small powerbank with me to charge it. Still more reflective material is called for, but have got around to doing the wheels yet with the refective tape. Maybe a good project for the weekend, but i do have more than a hundred of those. 

• 3 months later...

Hi all I'm a NinebotNewbie with a flair for cool unique touches so my Minipro was not to be ignored?. Bought my 2018 yes 2018 Ninerbot this month and I have done the following: as far as adding lights I want to stress to all of you that whatever lights you're installing please make them not make your Minipro an ugly two wheeled and might I throw in lots of fun hover board. Let's start with the source Gearbest good place for unique lights I bought these and as of tonight you still have time to make your Minipro beautiful again. Hey it's a learning curve been there done it anyway here is what you should add for side safety and a really cool USB not battery front MAGNETIC mount flashlight all for under $22 bucks check out these beauty's I will be installing the red light on the hubs and the flashlight on the knee bar stem. Type in these exact words for both items Let me know what you're thoughts are thank. 

LED Night Light USB Charging Human Induction

2pcs Wireless LED Car Door Warning Light Opened Safety Magnet Decorative Indicator Avoid Crash Strobe Flash Signal Lamp

-  RED

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jp2

image.jp2

Edited by Franswa
  • Upvote 1

for some reason it wont allow me to download the photos for the flashlight

2pcs Wireless LED Car Door Warning Light Opened Safety Magnet Decorative Indicator Avoid Crash Strobe Flash Signal Lamp

but when you see it on gearbest its pretty damn cool. since its magnetic i plan to attach it to the forward facing knee bar in any position since its magnetic. it look like a factory installed light and not like a bike light and its USB way better than battery's to mess with. also just completed a 3000k yellow film wrap on the minipro headlights and wow they look way better than just clear. my minipro is in Black with plans to up size the tires waiting on shipment from china, and altering my fenders. i don't like the ones from more4mini and why do i need to order them when i have them and can alter them to fit bigger tires. in all i will have a minipro that is unique and clean at the same time. my opinion on the handlebars MMMMMM maybe for the wife cause at least if she falls she cant get mad at me for it...lol i dont care for the handlebars if i did buy one it would be for either the wife or i buy another minipro for that purpose to have one with a permanent handlebar.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, NinebotNewbie said:

for some reason it wont allow me to download the photos for the flashlight

We have a quite small download quota per user - you can link your photos from some other image hoster like imgur fir example.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
On ‎07‎.‎03‎.‎2018 at 10:15 PM, More4Mini said:

Did you try Scout lights? 

_0JH1884-banner.jpg

Couldn't care less for extra lights... I like the bullbar though :) But it adds the extra weight (if not made from plastics)

Edited by Vik's

i bought a light from Aliexpress that is motion sensor and is as slim as the knee bar so it doesn't get in the way its super bright LED's and it came with motion sensor which is cool when you walk up to the Mini it lights up! i like the bars on the mini just waiting  on a free shipping promo code.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...