MSuper v3s+ cut-out

So i just got my new MSuper v3s+. I wanted to test how fast i could go before the final alarm kicked inn. I was accelerating slowly waiting for the last alarm to kick in when suddenly the wheel cut out and i went tumbling. I made sure that i turned off the two first alarms, and tiltback off. After thinking about it i decided to try again with tiltback set to 42kmh 26mph. And my phone in my hand to check the speed. Maybe i did about 500m before it cut out again, this time going 39kmh, or maybe i hit the tiltback at 42kmh. My memorie is a bit hazy. I used the iphone app as it is the only app capable of changing the setting permanently right now. Anybody else experienced this? I am wondering if the problem is the wheel or the app. I did test that the alarm and it works when i pickup the wheel. the second alarm also worked when driving. I am sending it inn to the reseller so they can have a look at it.

Testing wheels for how fast they go will always be fraught with danger. But if you're going to do so I strongly suggest that you disable the tilt-back.

It's a debatable point in this forum, but some of us believe, and I'm one of them, that when tilt-back kicks in at very high speed it may require an additional amount of power from the wheel that doesn't exist, and it cuts out.

So I always turn off the first two alarms and disable the tilt-back. But when I hear the 3rd alarm I always slow down immediately. Never have had a cutout.

1 hour ago, kour said:

is the third alarm something that cannot be disabled?

Correct, on the Gotway wheels (I think KingSong too).

6 hours ago, Haakon hoelseter said:

So i just got my new MSuper v3s+. I wanted to test how fast i could go before the final alarm kicked inn. I was accelerating slowly waiting for the last alarm to kick in when suddenly the wheel cut out and i went tumbling. I made sure that i turned off the two first alarms, and tiltback off. After thinking about it i decided to try again with tiltback set to 42kmh 26mph. And my phone in my hand to check the speed. Maybe i did about 500m before it cut out again, this time going 39kmh, or maybe i hit the tiltback at 42kmh. My memorie is a bit hazy. I used the iphone app as it is the only app capable of changing the setting permanently right now. Anybody else experienced this? I am wondering if the problem is the wheel or the app. I did test that the alarm and it works when i pickup the wheel. the second alarm also worked when driving. I am sending it inn to the reseller so they can have a look at it.

What was your battery life at when you started doing this testing?

8 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Testing wheels for how fast they go will always be fraught with danger. But if you're going to do so I strongly suggest that you disable the tilt-back.

It's a debatable point in this forum, but some of us believe, and I'm one of them, that when tilt-back kicks in at very high speed it may require an additional amount of power from the wheel that doesn't exist, and it cuts out.

So I always turn off the first two alarms and disable the tilt-back. But when I hear the 3rd alarm I always slow down immediately. Never have had a cutout.

I did disable tilt-back on my first fall. But on my second fall it cut out around where i had set the tilt-back. So you have been up to the 3rd alarm?. There where no alarm before the wheel cut out for me. The alarm works when you lift the wheel up. But there was something strange about the way it acted when i did the lift test, I lifted the wheel upp and started to accelerate when i hit something like 65kmh the self balancing stopped working but the wheel was still going full force. i could turn the wheel upside down and i was still going 65kmh. should it not stopp spinning when it cuts out? I think this might be the reasone it cut out.

6 minutes ago, Haakon hoelseter said:

I did disable tilt-back on my first fall. But on my second fall it cut out around where i had set the tilt-back. So you have been up to the 3rd alarm?. There where no alarm before the wheel cut out for me. The alarm works when you lift the wheel up. But there was something strange about the way it acted when i did the lift test, I lifted the wheel upp and started to accelerate when i hit something like 65kmh the self balancing stopped working but the wheel was still going full force. i could turn the wheel upside down and i was still going 65kmh. should it not stopp spinning when it cuts out? I think this might be the reasone it cut out.

Thats really strange...exactly, doing a "lift off cut-out" test, the wheel should then cut-out AND stop!

By all what you have written, something seams wrong with your wheel. The v3s+ 1300/1600 should in real life be able to do about 50kmh or even a bit more. The app is for sure not the culprit! i would advise to stop your real life speed tests, as they can do real damage to your health!!

when the wheel alarms work in lifting, but in real life you are not able to reach any of that speeds, i would think perhaps some of the capacitors or anything needed to deliver torque is not working correct. but thats just guessing and needs a analysis of someone who knows what he is doing and able to measure!

7 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Correct, on the Gotway wheels (I think KingSong too).

KS has an adjustable third alarm beeper and the adjustable fourth alarm tiltback, and  both can not be turned off! (and 3. and 4. alarm can not be adjusted over the max speed that is set by KS for the wheel)

1 minute ago, KingSong69 said:

Thats really strange...exactly, doing a "lift off cut-out" test, the wheel should then cut-out AND stop!

By all what you have written, something seams wrong with your wheel. The v3s+ 1300/1600 should in real life be able to do about 50kmh or even a bit more. The app is for sure not the culprit! i would advise to stop your real life speed tests, as they can do real damage to your health!!

when the wheel alarms work in lifting, but in real life you are not able to reach any of that speeds, i would think perhaps some of the capacitors or anything needed to deliver torque is not working correct. but thats just guessing and needs a analysis of someone who knows what he is doing and able to measure!

Yea i am not getting on that wheel again before the reseller has repaired it and assured me it is now working 100%. I was smart enough to where full motorsycle protection when doing the tests. But my knees, my right side and right arm are still in pretty bad shape. Luckily i did not break anything. I think :P

I had my first experience with alarms the other day - my battery was around 80% and I believe I must have been going 17-19mph. there were two beeps then almost right after those three beeps - is three beeps the third alarm?

wait, just did a quick search through here -three beeps is the second alarm- soo, what does the third alarm sound like? is it constant beeping?

On 11.6.2017 at 11:09 PM, kour said:

I had my first experience with alarms the other day - my battery was around 80% and I believe I must have been going 17-19mph. there were two beeps then almost right after those three beeps - is three beeps the third alarm?

wait, just did a quick search through here -three beeps is the second alarm- soo, what does the third alarm sound like? is it constant beeping?

80% warning (3rd alarm) is constant beeping.

1st alarm = 2 beeps at 30 km/h, 2nd = 3 beeps at 35, but they might have changed the firmware, we had a review here where the alarms apparently were no longer only speed dependent.

1 hour ago, meepmeepmayer said:

80% warning (3rd alarm) is constant beeping.

1st alarm = 2 beeps at 30 km/h, 2nd = 3 beeps at 35, but they might have changed the firmware, we had a review here where the alarms apparently were no longer only speed dependent.

yeah, I've ridden at lower speeds and received the three beeps - but then later in the ride it seems I'm demanding the same if not more energy from the wheel and I get nothing - does regenerative braking factor into that somehow?

@kour I have no idea how the new alarms work. In fact, trying to find exactly that out;)

Also, beeps can be deceiving. If you do something and it starts beeping and you stop doing it, the beeps end midway. E.g. you could get one beep if you go over 30 (old 1st alarm, 2 beeps) for just a tiny short moment, or two beeps if you go over 35 (old 2nd alarm, 3 beeps) for just a tiny short moment. So theoretically, 3 beeps could be 3 of infinite beeps (3rd alarm) but you only were above 80% long enough to hear 3 beeps.

As this kind of reports are coming up In the last days it looks like GotWay changed something on:

• PCB/ Firmware (they call it program) or
  • Motor windings (kV factor) or
  • magnets in the rim or
  • cable routing (interferences)

By doing real world tests or simulate this occasions on a bench they would see the problems as they pops up (in house and not at the customer). It looks like every batch is an evolution. So producing one year a clone of the master is very difficult/ not possible. If one parts alters it's a new configuration, so a new version and needs to be tested to make sure the EUC meets the blue print.

The 3rd alarm for Msuper3s+ is useless. It can be tested out by lift test, which I did and found out that it beeps at 57kmph! No one will ride the EUC with such speed unless suicidal. This 3rd alarm is independent of battery voltage because I tried once at very low voltage(about 68V) and the speed is the same.
lift-84V.thumb.gif.5c0a952438e5e75069b5ef15faa26aab.gif

Archived