Inmotion V8 cover wanted

Tjtripp

I just recently put a deposit down on a new inmotion V8 from ewheels.com.  Thanks Jason! I came to find out that inmotion no longer makes the protective cover.  I was wondering if anyone has one they're willing to sell me.  :thumbup:

Thats an awesome gesture, but I'm pretty sure they're quite different sizes.  But thank you!!  Ill try and see if they're compatible or not.

Edit:  they seem to be different.  However, if you didnt need it, perhaps ill be fine. :)  At least they sell new cases if it does need refreshing over time.

Dunno about necessary. More a streamlined, tailored fit option for the V8, instead of taping on unsightly foam.

The "bluetooth" option just means it has that extra phone/music player compartment up front.

Good choice! That BT speaker is a squeeking nuisance, but the cover is pretty nice. Mind you, if you're particularly concerned about the shiny looks of your wheel: while the inside of the cover feels fairly soft to the touch, it still sands down the wheel's shell a bit - at least if you have a tendency to squeeze the wheel firmly between your thighs while riding. I ended up glueing an even softer material to the inside and that stopped the surface becoming dull.

2 hours ago, Tilmann said:

Good choice! That BT speaker is a squeeking nuisance, but the cover is pretty nice. Mind you, if you're particularly concerned about the shiny looks of your wheel: while the inside of the cover feels fairly soft to the touch, it still sands down the wheel's shell a bit - at least if you have a tendency to squeeze the wheel firmly between your thighs while riding. I ended up glueing an even softer material to the inside and that stopped the surface becoming dull.

Thanks for the pointer Tilmann.  I believe the v8 will come with clear vinyl protective wrap.  Maybe that will help prevent dulling the finish?

What I meant was I will have the clear vinyl wrap that ewheels includes. Like a clear sticker that covers certain areas.  I bought the same cover in your pic and was thinking I would use both at the same time.  Does that make sense?

Several of us have bought these vinyl stickers that cover most of the wheel. While I haven't received mine yet, there are several instances of people putting them on their wheels on youtube.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2016-INMOTION-V5-Self-Balancing-Scooter-DIY-Stickers-Decals-Electric-Stunt-Scooter-Stickers-Plaster-Sticker-Inmotion/32730979951.html

4 minutes ago, LanghamP said:

Several of us have bought these vinyl stickers that cover most of the wheel. While I haven't received mine yet, there are several instances of people putting them on their wheels on youtube.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2016-INMOTION-V5-Self-Balancing-Scooter-DIY-Stickers-Decals-Electric-Stunt-Scooter-Stickers-Plaster-Sticker-Inmotion/32730979951.html

That captain america one is pretty sweet!  

I'm using both on mine and I can't say whether or not the vinyl wrap protects the shell from getting dull, but it would make sense that it would.  The vinyl is a pain to get on especially if you try to be particular about how it looks, like I did...and then gave up knowing it would be under the bigger cover for a while anyway.  Glad you were able to find one, I can't imagine going through the learning process without it.  It protects the shell pretty well (I think), but not the flip down foot pegs.  It also adds padding, which has been helpful, early on, as my legs were hugging the wheel for dear life :shock2:

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi, from Daibot's store, I bought one and already delivered (few days ago). This is protective cover of V5 (as written in this product description) and it sadly don't fit on V8. As far as i see it too small... This of course not seller's fault as written that it for V5, I just had hope that it will fit, but learned the lesson that not. :)

Now just bought one from: 

https://onewheel.be/en/inmotion-scv/87-inmotion-protect-v8-3999-eur-inmotion-technologies-coltd-3760243821080.html

On 4/7/2017 at 12:24 AM, houseofjob said:

IMG_20180901_071200.jpg

Archived