Total distance of your EUC

Pingouin

Hi,

I read an old topic on the life expectancy of EUC, but it was in 2015, and EUC where quite new and not as popular as today, and the mileage didn't seem to exceed 4000km at that time.

For electric bikes, it can go up to 35000km in general if well treated, I guess that for a EUC it's less, but I'm curious to know if it can handle 20000km (I know some people travel at least 600km per month, that would take only 3 years to do those 20000km). I don't worry about the batteries (because for a 680Wh giving 50km per charge and 600 cycles, that would be 30000km) but more about the bearings and electronics.

I would like to know from you guys, what total distance where you able to accomplish (I mean with the EUC still working), how many km should one expect of a modern EUC ?

Thanks !

Me too. I only know of people that have ~4000km on a wheel. Looking at my ride logs, I doubt that I'll put 750 miles on any given wheel in one year, but I'm not a commuter.

I think I'll get tired of any particular wheel long before any of its components will wear out. That's another reason that I'm willing to ride my wheels in the ocean or anywhere else. I'll be moving on to newer wheels before any of my abuse takes its toll.

I have 3 wheels, and had ridden other wheels too,  and i know I have thousands of kilometers on each to the total of something like 10,000km or so. I stopped counting a while ago and dont know any more., Hhowever i had to replace parts so many times that its hard to figure out the life span of the original parts. Motors and batteries were replaced as well as other parts. But i cant consider the mikeage at which the motors were replaced the wheel's expected life span either, as the motors would continue working if the axle didnt break. But should i have been lighter than 100kg the axle would have broken much later. So while i have an idea of how long thr wheel will last, it depends on many other factors. Id say that for a light person 4000km or more is attainable. Depends on the particular wheel model of course

17 minutes ago, Dancer said:

I have 7500 km on my ACM v1. Never had any problem. Never had to open it.

Screenshot_2017-02-27-06-58-49-388.jpeg

As an owner of the ACM, this is great to read :clap3:  How are your batteries holding out? Have you noticed a decrease in their capacity?

7 hours ago, Dancer said:

Screenshot_2017-02-27-06-58-49-388.jpeg

Thanks alot ! Do you have any wear on the tire for example ? Is it the 680Wh or 820Wh ? What is your riding weight ?

Marty I am not worried that much about the batteries, they can last 4-5 years with no issues, I wouldn't keep them above that, 7530km would be 150 cycles with a 680Wh battery so nothing major, I am much more worried about the mainboard, the structure and the bearings ^^

9 hours ago, Cloud said:

I have 3 wheels, and had ridden other wheels too,  and i know I have thousands of kilometers on each to the total of something like 10,000km or so. I stopped counting a while ago and dont know any more., Hhowever i had to replace parts so many times that its hard to figure out the life span of the original parts. Motors and batteries were replaced as well as other parts. But i cant consider the mikeage at which the motors were replaced the wheel's expected life span either, as the motors would continue working if the axle didnt break. But should i have been lighter than 100kg the axle would have broken much later. So while i have an idea of how long thr wheel will last, it depends on many other factors. Id say that for a light person 4000km or more is attainable. Depends on the particular wheel model of course

What are the EUC models you own ? I would have thought that the batteries would last longer but if it's 132Wh batteries it might explain it (how many years of ownership ?) but I though the motor would be one of the toughest parts of the EUC..the axle definitely lasts longer if you are a lighter person, but also if you don't jump with it, do you often do tricks and that kind of stuff with your EUCs ?

1 hour ago, Pingouin said:

I am much more worried about the mainboard, the structure and the bearings

I guess it's not a principle worry then, because we do have lots of experience with mainboards, similar mechanical structures and bearings which last for decades and tens of thousands of km.

14 minutes ago, Pingouin said:

Thanks, are you riding quite fast ? Is it mostly on roads or off roads ?

I ride mostly on roads (95%) at ~30 km/h. Tire pressure at 3 bar.

11 hours ago, Pingouin said:

Thanks, in how many mounths have you achieved this distance ?

I started riding mid june 2016. The ACM is my first and only EUC.

On 27 февраля 2017 г. at 8:29 AM, Pingouin said:

What are the EUC models you own ? I would have thought that the batteries would last longer but if it's 132Wh batteries it might explain it (how many years of ownership ?) but I though the motor would be one of the toughest parts of the EUC..the axle definitely lasts longer if you are a lighter person, but also if you don't jump with it, do you often do tricks and that kind of stuff with your EUCs ?

I have kingsongs 14c and M super v3. Batteries are large capacity but had be replaced mostly for reasons other than deteriorated performance, even though i did notice a decrease in performance also. Motor is quite tough, but the axle is not. No i dont do jumps. Some axles are not designed strong enough to carry 100kg over long distances,

17 minutes ago, Cloud said:

I have kingsongs 14c and M super v3. Batteries are large capacity but had be replaced mostly for reasons other than deteriorated performance, even though i did notice a decrease in performance also. Motor is quite tough, but the axle is not. No i dont do jumps. Some axles are not designed strong enough to carry 100kg over long distances,

The MSuper isn't that old. I can't help but be curious as to why they had to be replaced

27 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

The MSuper isn't that old. I can't help but be curious as to why they had to be replaced

I havent had to replace the msuper batteries or motor yet)

On 2/26/2017 at 10:05 PM, Dancer said:

I have a first gen KS-18a with about 8700 km on it with no major issues.It was the 21st unit made according to the serial number.The pedals sometimes make a creeking sound while adjusting foot positions and the wheel emits a rubbing sound sometimes for a couple seconds after initial movement although there is no physical contact present to cause the noise.Has been there since the first month of ownership (oct. 2015) and has always been a mystery as to the cause (small annoyance) but hasn't progressed so it is really a non issue.Overall it is a great wheel!

2 hours ago, Cloud said:

I havent had to replace the msuper batteries or motor yet)

Hmmm, you wrote above, " Batteries are large capacity but had be replaced mostly for reasons other than deteriorated performance". I'm confused :blink:

4 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Hmmm, you wrote above, " Batteries are large capacity but had be replaced mostly for reasons other than deteriorated performance". I'm confused :blink:

Probably changed the battery color :)

3 hours ago, noisycarlos said:

On the Ninebot app they have rankings with everybody's distance. The top one is someone in Korea, with 12,977km.

At 7500km, you'd be #15 right now. (I'm #275 with 3214km). 

Good to know. Unfortunately this doesn't tell us anything about the maintenance effort to reach these numbers.

I have 2,281 MILES on my Ninebot One E+.  I have been riding it for about 2 years.  This winter I let it sit with the batteries fully charged while not using it.  The batteries degraded noticeably, so I replaced them.  All is back to normal.  This is the only maintenance I have performed.  Amazingly, the tires still look pretty good.  Some loss of tread, but not in need of replacement. 

IMG_7696.jpg

6 minutes ago, dpong said:

This winter I let it sit with the batteries fully charged while not using it.

Why fully charged? 

Archived