Another MSuper V3+ Wiring failure - Ug

Marty Backe

2 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

but as said..the high shell makes the difference

Agreed. 

The combination of high shell (which I wish more MFR's would do) and lighter weight than a Monster gives it what I term "flapjack" turning (like see-saw slaloming) capability!

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, KingSong69 said:

ok...nope...sorry, please, checked a tyre buy for it.....i was wrong then! 2,5 is correct....

but as said..the high shell makes the difference

Yeah, I was just about to say that no way does the KS18 have the same width tire as the Monster. 1/4" doesn't seem like much until you see them side-by-side.

Just now, KingSong69 said:

i mean...look at this height difference :-)

The KS can clame the title highest wheel ever :-)

jXNV1Gf.jpg

Well, to throw a monkey wrench here, the Monster is about the same height as the KS18 ;) (will post a pic later).

Definitely the highest 18" EUC!

2 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

Well, to throw a monkey wrench here, the Monster is about the same height as the KS18 ;) (will post a pic later).

Definitely the highest 18" EUC!

You definitely know that better than me...as i own none :-)

but i think as the pedals are mounted higher on the monster ....the Monster did not lean against the knees while driving? or better say not sooo high as the Ks18?

from power and speed and stability i would love to have a monster..but i find it freaking expensive also....

i mean..i can get a 1360/1680 KS18 for about 1300/1400 bucks....but for a 1600wh Monster i have to pay about 2400??? (not to talk about the 2400wh monster!)

nope...i find that to much of an jump ....

7 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

from power and speed and stability i would love to have a monster..but i find it freaking expensive also....

Agreed, way too expensive. 

But for me, I've been on a quest to own or have owned every manufacturer wheel, and always loved bigger wheels on EUCs, so it was the perfect storm, unfortunately for my wallet :crying:

7 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

but i think as the pedals are mounted higher on the monster ....the Monster did not lean against the knees while driving? or better say not sooo high as the Ks18?

Not sure what you mean here. 

On the Monster, the padding hits at my knees + upper shin area, somewhat similar to the KS18, albeit the Monster padding is more pronounced than on the KS18 (the Monster is also quite noticeably wider).

Just now, captainwells said:

Monster-KS18.jpg

Nice!

Wow, KS18 looks here a smidge taller; I was mistaken, KS18 can keep the tallest title!

This picture also reminds me that another significant difference is the Monster's 22" CST tire: way more meatier and rugged than the KingSong's stock Kenda 18" (although, you can fix this if you can procure a Chao Yang / CYT 18").

3 minutes ago, captainwells said:

Monster-KS18.jpg

thanx...thats what i mean.. @houseofjob

same height (nearly...ks18 still wins :-) )....little difference: monster leans against upper calves...(as pedals are mounted higher).....Ks18 against knees....

But i guess in the end you steer them both more from the hipps....

3 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

thanx...thats what i mean.. @houseofjob

same height (nearly...ks18 still wins :-) )....little difference: monster leans against upper calves...(as pedals are mounted higher).....Ks18 against knees....

But i guess in the end you steer them both more from the hipps....

Yup, def all 18" or above steer with the hips.

As for where the pads / wheel hit your knees / legs, that's different for every rider, as we're all different heights.

edit: actually, not having actively paid attention before and trying just now, you're right, mainly calf. but at my height (5'8") my lower knee leans on the top of the protruding pad

50 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

Not touchy, just your post seemed to infer (see: your 3 question marks) that the KS18 was more stable, which is not my experience (esp. after many, many miles).

And I'm also not saying the KS18 is not stable, which it is!, just not to the degree of the Monster IMHO.

If you can't tell in my sig, I am loyal to no brand or model; only care about the wheel's actual real world experience. 

I have now, with receipt soon of my Rockwheel GT16, purchased a wheel from every reputed EUC manufacturer.

P.S. Also, like @KingSong69 is saying, because of the rectangular form factor, I actually class the KS-18 series in a whole different class unto it's own, unlike every other equilateral, circular body EUC model out. 

Mainly the handling and how you can manipulate the KS18 is a bit different / more pronounced. (although handling on the Monster does remind me of it)

If by "sig" you mean "signature", nothing shows up on my iPhone which I use to browse the forum. 

I seemed to "infer" something by using 3 "?"; seriously ?????????

(what does 9 "?" marks mean ?)

Just now, houseofjob said:

@abinder3 think what you want; just defending my point and relaying my real world experience between brands, take it or leave it. (and yes, sig = signature)

And yes, going with @KingSong69, sorry @Marty Backe for hijacking the thread!

All I did was ask a question and you put a different spin on my question. 

All you had to do was either say "yes I have KS18" and that would of been that.  But, you had to put a different 'spin' on my question and think something I wasn't even thinking. 

5 minutes ago, abinder3 said:

All I did was ask a question and you put a different spin on my question. 

All you had to do was either say "yes I have KS18" and that would of been that.  But, you had to put a different 'spin' on my question and think something I wasn't even thinking. 

We'll just call it misunderstanding then, I guess ;). I wasn't aware you can't see sigs on mobile.

And BTW, my original response was being playful, not touchy; no need to catch feelings on an extra-curricular subject like EUC :D

3 hours ago, captainwells said:

Monster-KS18.jpg

Looks like KingSong retains the title of "Tallest Wheel"

3 hours ago, KingSong69 said:

i mean..i can get a 1360/1680 KS18 for about 1300/1400 bucks....but for a 1600wh Monster i have to pay about 2400??? (not to talk about the 2400wh monster!)

nope...i find that to much of an jump ....

Interesting that the KS18 is near enough to what I would pay yet it looks like your Monster prices are more higher. I could buy another 2400 Monster for US $2500.  Sorry it's so much more expensive for you :(

From what I gathered on a french forum, the guys from Gotway france actually took a trip to china and asked what the heck was wrong with those connectors, and obtained a new process for the connectors. It seems all MS3 are impacted by the failure prone soldering, but only the very first Monsters are. The "out of beta" Monsters have crimped and welded connectors. You have to open side cover, cut the black plastic covers over the connectors, check if they are crimped, and ideally hold things back together with retractable tubing, or even electrical tape (which stretches when applied, then retracts somewhat after). Those are the instructions I got from my seller.

1 hour ago, LuckySXM said:

It seems all MS3 are impacted by the failure prone soldering, but only the very first Monsters are. The "out of beta" Monsters have crimped and welded connectors.

I wish someone could tell us when Monster production switched over from beta to the release version so I didn't have to cut off the plastic covers.  @Linnea Lin Gotway?

@Marty Backe, did you check your Monster yet?

6 minutes ago, captainwells said:

I wish someone could tell us when Monster production switched over from beta to the release version so I didn't have to cut off the plastic covers.  @Linnea Lin Gotway?

@Marty Backe, did you check your Monster yet?

I'm planning on opening it tonight. As I type this my plan is to do what I did on my ACM; apply silicon sealant across the connectors and wires so that the wire can't physically separate from the connector. I'm not inclined towards cutting away the plastic sheathing.

7 hours ago, houseofjob said:

The combination of high shell (which I wish more MFR's would do) and lighter weight than a Monster gives it what I term "flapjack" turning (like see-saw slaloming) capability!

I was never a fan of the KS-18 form factor, but to each his own.  I feel like even the Monster is more manueverable than the current generation KS-18.

I'm excited to see what they come up with for the new KS-18 design in May!

1 hour ago, captainwells said:

I was never a fan of the KS-18 form factor, but to each his own.  I feel like even the Monster is more manueverable than the current generation KS-18.

I'm excited to see what they come up with for the new KS-18 design in May!

While I haven't tried the heavier KS18B's, I respectfully disagree: my KS18A is significantly more maneuverable than the Monster simply due to the difference in weight and girth.

While my hips do the turning on the KS18, for the some deep turns on the Monster, I have to just about do an about face (never actually had to face a different direction on my KS18 for any turns).

But you'll never know the kind of turning I'm talking about on a KS18 unless you've ridden it daily (it took me awhile to accidentally start doing); no other EUC has the same physics that can translate.

I'm curious about the KS18 re-design as well, but if they go with an equilateral circular design, especially with the current sub-50% cripple mode, it's a pass for me.

Archived