Why do you ride?

Smoother

WHY DO YOU RIDE?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Why do you ride?. Pick one only. I hope there are enough choices to cover all EUC riding. Answers are anonymous.

• Purely for pleasure, cruising, sight seeing (not tricks or stunts, see #8)
    • Mostly pleasure with some errands and/or commuting
    • About half pleasure and half errands and/or commuting
    • Mostly commuting with some errands and/or pleasure riding
    • All commuting
    • For exercise ( because it's not much but its more than I would get otherwise)
    • I ride for work, I.e. Security patrol, warehouse runner, etc
    • Purely for pleasure, tricks and stunts ( not sightseeing, cruising)
    • Simply to get out of the house
    • None of the above

For Wee J  it's a mix, to begin with it was just for fun, though now it's commuting, leisure and when he fancies it a wee trip down  to the skate park for some tricks. 

Basically he takes it everywhere with him.  

You Tube:P

Got me interested, had to try it.  It was cheaper than buying a magnatrac.  

Purely for pleasure.

But what I really want is a backhoe.  To operate hydraulic powered machinery is my lifelong dream.  Especially tracked vehicles, like bulldozers.

I use it instead of my car to save the world  ;)     to the supermarket , restaurant , burger king or to local gas station bying a coffee and bragging about that I don't need gasolin anymore , or when I go to the nearest city about 40 km both ways  listening to ompa bompa music    http://recorddeep.radio.se/
and ofcourse when I take my 2 white sheperds on a ride

Why only one choice? Couldn't it be almost any combination of all kind of reasons? For me it's for shopping, errands, simply to get out of the house, to commute or mixed-commute, to go to work, take it in on a travel, do a leisure ride by the water side, get fresh air, practice riding skills, get a moderate workout, have a chat with a stranger, and it seems I'am already running out of things that come into my mind I am using it for...so not so many reasons after all...

@Mono , You have an interesting  question, but if it was multiple selection, the date would be meaningless.  Most of what you have described sounds like "pleasure".... and commuting, and shopping  are obvious.  For what you have described, I would select mostly pleasure...., or mostly commuting...., depending on whether all pleasure activities combined, or commuting consume more than 50% of your riding.  How you determine 50% is up to you; miles, hours, etc, no need to get all spreadsheet on it, what's your gut feeling? And click.

i created the "pleasure" category for this precise reason.  I could be typing all night, all the possible pleasurable reasons someone might ride an EUC.  But "pleasure" and "commuting" covered most of the bases. Then I thought of people like side street Remey so in goes the "tricks" category. Then I remembered the Turkish police patrolling Istanbul's equivalent of Times Square, so in goes the "work" category.  I'm not aware of any EUC surfers, but you didn't finish your list.. ?

4 hours ago, steve454 said:

But what I really want is a backhoe.  To operate hydraulic powered machinery is my lifelong dream.  Especially tracked vehicles, like bulldozers.

ME TOO!!!! I love that shiznit.  My brother needed to dig a foundation for a house extension, and I said I'd work for free if I could be the main operator of the digger.  Well, you couldn't get me off that thing.  They even had to bring my tea break tea out to me coz I would stop for a break, AND IT WAS RAINING! Two days I was out there ( yeah I did go home to sleep).

A friend  in  Texas recently spent $30,000 on a digger for her cattle ranch.  When I get back there, I'll be finding all sorts of reason to dig holes in the ground. ?

Btw, he paid me anyway, refused to take no for an answer.

I picked the "mostly pleasure" answer, but the "it's so little of a sport that it's not even sport" answer is appealing too:) EUC = professional lazyness but you still don't have to sit at home and you go places you wouldn't otherwise. Somehow this is just cool.

Archived