Gotway Msuper v3 cutout

I have a friend that keep claiming he does not trust Msuper V3 (820wh model) because it has been reported that some users have experienced random cutout

I do not seem to be able to find the evidence in the GW group, but does he have a point? 

I have not experienced this with my own V3 - 820wh but I have never ridden it above 35 kph. 

55 minutes ago, Henrik Olsen said:

I have a friend that keep claiming he does not trust Msuper V3 (820wh model) because it has been reported that some users have experienced random cutout

I do not seem to be able to find the evidence in the GW group, but does he have a point? 

I have not experienced this with my own V3 - 820wh but I have never ridden it above 35 kph. 

the "popular" known cutouts had been a very few on high speed over 42-45kmh...

Also some cutouts on low speed with very high torque have been reported, but only on very first and early version boards. perhaps ask @zlymex

But in general i trust mine v3 820-custom 1160wh- the same as my Ks18....on very high speed -30-38 km/h even more!!!

and:

"random " cutout i never heard of....

1 hour ago, Terry said:

I have a gotay msuper it cuts out at high speed 30 to 40 k throwing me forward,  hate it , wondering if company is doing anything to solve this problem 

What model msuper and what battery is this? Can you please describe the cut outs and the circumstances in more detail? Did it hapoen once or many times? Thanks

Terry intentions maybe suspect until further information is provided.

Gotway should provide it's customer base more information on it's products.  Other manufacturer too.

I'm considering buying a Gotway product but I'm not satisfied how they treat customer.

I think too much emphasis is being placed on the word " random". It is apparently a quote from the original M3 objector, but if pushed, I believe he would have to concede that random is not relevant.  What is relevant is that several M3 riders have experienced cut outs at high speed, but they are not random; faults are known for all of them. What is scary is the suddenness of them and the resulting injury and damage because of the high speed.

examples:

poorly soldered wires to motor. ( although poster was travelling slowly at the time, but it could have happened at speed)

high speed cut out without tilt back warning.

those are the two I can think of off the top of my head.  There may be others.  There has certainly been more talk of high speed cut outs on the M Super v3 than any other high speed wheel.

Archived