Unlock code, help needed

Smoother

I found a link to this page on this forum:

http://electricunicycle.org/kingsongunlocker/

but I don't know how to ascertain my MAC address. I tried entering the name of the wheel as shown when the app is scanning for a wheel to connec to but nothing happened.  

How/ where do I find my MAC address?

PS I've done over 180km so I'm not about to shoot out into traffic, with the unlock ( I hope ?)

29 minutes ago, Smoother said:

but I don't know how to ascertain my MAC address. I tried entering the name of the wheel as shown when the app is scanning for a wheel to connec to but nothing happened.  

PS I've done over 180km so I'm not about to shoot out into traffic, with the unlock ( I hope ?)

Go to the Kingsong  app...and to the Speed-Unlock-Setting!

If you open it for the first time....your ISN should be displayed there....now the important part:

put your ISN  in the Kingsongunlocker and get your  "Unlock Code"!  you do not Need the MAC.....

Attention in the Kingsong app then:

Put the "Unlock cod"e into the app WITHOUT "-"....so it is correct to use only "xxxxxxxxxxxx"...also do not use BIG letters-Caps! only use small letters!

Then it will work!

That was it, thanks very much.

for anyone reading this and wanting to do it themselves, I had to put colons (:)between each pair of numbers of the ISN, in the unlocker, in place of the hyphen (-) that appeared automatically, in the Kingsong app. (Illustrations) for non English speakers.

7 hours ago, Smoother said:

Why do you need the unlock code, if you already rode 180 km ?

To unlock it?  Why will it automatically unlock after 100km.  The app is not clear.  Did I break it? will the EUC gods strike me down? Oh no, I'm a bad person, my mother was right. Herman, you make me feel so small?

• 6 months later...

Not sure if anyone can help but I've been able to get an authorization code from the link provided but it doesn't seem to work when I try to press "Agree" in the app afterward. I've entered the authorization code without colons and in lower case letters. Any ideas?  I'm using an iPhone 6 with the newest KingSong app. Thanks!

9 minutes ago, kasenutty said:

I had to use my serial number from the sticker on top. Some variation of that worked. It was weird and took too long.

You used some part of the serial number from the sticker as your authorization code?

Welp, not sure what it was but kept trying different combinations of authorization codes and it eventually worked...wish I could say definitively what I did differently, but needless to say, the speed has been unlocked!

What are others using for their warnings on the KS-14C?

I've got 22, 24, 26, 30...does that seem right?  It shows up to 40, but the wheel doesn't go that fast, right?

Ok I unlocked the 14C.

1) Go to the Speed Limit Decoding menu on the KS app.

2) Enter 'Accept'. A number should appear such as: 6F-91-47-F4-8B-89

Convert the code by substituting the hyphens with colons.

(ie: 6F:91:47:F4:8B:89

3) Go to: http://electricunicycle.org/kingsongunlocker/

4) Enter the converted code in the ISN value box.

5) Hit unlock. Your unlock code should appear. Copy the code.

6) Go back to the KS Speed Limit Decoding menu and paste the code. 

Question: How do you activate the BT speakers to play music?

To use the BT speakers:

Press the BT symbol/button on the wheel until the blue light on the power comes on. The wheel can be in either on or off state.

Next, quickly press the BT button again. You should hear a woman's voice saying something like device ready or something. I often don't get it the first time.

Finally, pair your phone like you would with any other BT speaker.

I treat the BT speakers entirely separate from the wheel; they feel like two entirely seperate devices placed in the same form factor.

• 8 months later...
1 hour ago, Bipeder said:

Has anyone tried to get the code with the new app interface? The interface with the forum right as you open it... I can't find my unlock code on there. 

on the New orange white KS app there is no need for an unlock code. you have to register properly and complete, with gender, age and everything and then the speed unlocks works without any unlock codes!

23 hours ago, KingSong69 said:

on the New orange white KS app there is no need for an unlock code. you have to register properly and complete, with gender, age and everything and then the speed unlocks works without any unlock codes!

AAARRRRGGGHHHHH!! This is so frustrating! I cannot get past the registration. Whether I try to register, or use “Forgot Password”, I cannot get a verification code. If I see “Lovely Notice!” One more time, I’m gonna see how far I can throw my phone!

15 minutes ago, GoinPostal said:

AAARRRRGGGHHHHH!! This is so frustrating! I cannot get past the registration. Whether I try to register, or use “Forgot Password”, I cannot get a verification code. If I see “Lovely Notice!” One more time, I’m gonna see how far I can throw my phone!

afaik: It only works with E-Mail registration and not with hotmail accounts...telephone number does not work out of china.

After E-Mail registration also check your spam folders for the verfication e-mail.

As its national holiday in China there is no support at the moment......

Archived