Hover Camera

Questor

Nice,

for someone who is fairly unimpressed by "drones" and feel they are doing a lot of damage to the sport of RC model flying, this I really like. Great design concept, really is safe (and probably legal in many places) to fly in a built up area and, if it works as well as that site stays it does is truly a practical autonomous camera, which is, after all, what most personally owned drones aspire to be.

An absence of any mention (that I could find ) of duration would be my only concern?

On 10/21/2016 at 2:44 PM, Questor said:

Have you seen this?

http://gethover.com/

Did you receive your refund from Lily?

On 10/21/2016 at 2:44 PM, Questor said:

Hello, my name is Questor, and I have an addiction...

Same here! The Hover Camera was calling my name. I love the compactness and safety with the enclosed blades. 

On 10/21/2016 at 5:30 PM, Keith said:

An absence of any mention (that I could find ) of duration would be my only concern?

Wind is a big concern, anything more than a light breeze and a quadcopter has to tilt to stay in one place.  Unless the camera is on a gimbal to stay pointed.  A small quadcopter will be blown away by the wind very easily unless it is very powerful and has a large angle of attack.

2 hours ago, steve454 said:

Wind is a big concern, anything more than a light breeze and a quadcopter has to tilt to stay in one place.  Unless the camera is on a gimbal to stay pointed.  A small quadcopter will be blown away by the wind very easily unless it is very powerful and has a large angle of attack.

Flying in wind over 6 mph is not recommend! I like the idea of flying around indoors with encapsulated propellers for safety. Will give a detailed report from my dog house in a few weeks?

• 2 weeks later...

Yes I received that notice as well. If the ship time is true we could both easy make a nice profit before Christmas selling them on EBay! One Mavic recently sold at a hefty 250% profit!  :clap3:

Archived