Where is my 9B1 battery?

smallexis

Yes. According to me it's the maximum number of 18650 cells that I could put in both side of the shell. There is not enough place for 15 more cells (I have tested and it's not possible without cutting in plastic parts)

• Upvote 2

It's start to be difficult to find more place. But if I bought  1radwerkstatt battery upgrade kit I would have more than 1100Wh of capacity.

• Upvote 1

thank you.

It was hard to put all wire inside but it's work very nice.

100_0978.jpg

I do my first try today and it's a real pleasure to not have to look to battery level after 20 km riding.

Screenshot_2016-08-03-17-21-30.pngScreenshot_2016-08-03-17-23-04.pngScreenshot_2016-08-03-17-23-38.png

• Upvote 2

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

close to the same distance than my record, but with a higher average speed.

image(283).png

I have not raisen my maximum distance record (it is almost equalized with more than 43 km traveled) in 9B1 but I have an average speed up 20.5 km / h over the entire trip (realized only on cycle track)

• Upvote 2

Do you think you could build your own DIY 1Radwerkstatt battery pack if you just bought their larger control/battery box covers or printed them out yourself with a 3D printer?  I like the OEM look though, and I think the added width of the box covers makes the wheel less sleek looking.  I wonder if placing cells in the LED light channel would allow even more capacity.  Would they fit?  You might have a problem getting the annular light ring back on though, but maybe grinding some plastic away might work...

Edited by Hunka Hunka Burning Love

29 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Do you think you could build your own DIY 1Radwerkstatt battery pack

Yes of course

30 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

printed them out yourself with a 3D printer

with the modelisation program I would say yes, but I don't think they would give it for free

47 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

I wonder if placing cells in the LED light channel would allow even more capacity.  Would they fit?

I've just try with one cell (I had to force for put it on place) and it's not a good solution because of a lack of space ("grinding some plastic" would not be enough) and the curved shape of the light ring is not adapted for 18650 cell's size. It was a nice idea but much more complicated than what I have done inside the shell.

100_1551.thumb.JPG.94bff3c220b69998ab0fe778a6418c48.JPG

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

I was just eyeballing it as it looked like there was enough room, but from your photos it looks to be too tight of squeeze. :blink:  I wonder what happens to an 18650 cell if you were to bend it slightly in a tube / pipe bender?  :innocent1:

That's an interesting idea.  Is it possible to put a curve in an 18650?  

It's probably not a good idea.  :innocent1:  I'd say grinding small spots in the Ninebot ring channel would likely be better if one wants to go that route.  Bending a 18650 likely would result in the casing popping open or the end terminals going askew as it's not quite a hollow tube.  All that inner stuff needs to go somewhere when the shape gets changed so it likely pops out the ends.  It would be interesting to find out just for curiosity sake, but I wouldn't recommend doing it without some safety measures!  :popcorn:

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

Bending a 18650 likely would result in the casing popping open or the end terminals going askew as it's not quite a hollow tube.  All that inner stuff needs to go somewhere when the shape gets changed so it likely pops out the ends.  It would be interesting to find out just for curiosity sake, but I wouldn't recommend doing it without some safety measures!  :popcorn:

That goes without saying.  I'm thinking a sandblasting cabinet with the gloves built in.:popcorn:

Edited by steve454
  • Upvote 2

• 3 months later...